The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Apparently close to signing Dempsey...

I called this one at the end of the season.

Please let it happen.

Dempsey looks like he's playing on another level for USA than when I've watched him in the past. Almost like two separate players.

But I'm still a big fan of Lewandowski. Rate him highly.

I called this one at the end of the season.

Please let it happen.

Dempsey looks like he's playing on another level for USA than when I've watched him in the past. Almost like two separate players.

But I'm still a big fan of Lewandowski. Rate him highly.

Same here. Been supportive of signing him since rumours started. Ramsey wont be getting as much game time as last season if this happens so could possibly look at loaning him to Fulham. Playing regular football with lesser pressure could work wonders for him and he could come back different player than we saw last season.

i remember a like a few weeks ago we discussed about adrian coming to arsenal. but he's only been in at. madrid for 1 season.

Would much prefer either Lewandowski, Jovetic, Damiao or Villa if Barca are looking to sell

Last edited:
No way are we signing Villa. I won't go into the reasons, there are just too many. Adrian would be a quality signing mind you, and pretty young. We need to sell some players soon though, as the squad is growing pretty large; and as much as I like having 3 more strikers hopefully a cheap midfielder with some ability would be nice, though if Ramsey can polish his game a little I'd be happy giving him a full season to prove himself.

Neither Manchester team came fourth in their CL group :P

And you really think if we went for one of BVB's players, they would reject Arsenal without thinking?

They would not reject Arsenal without thinking but odds are that they will likely stay with a side that is realistically challenging on all 4 fronts instead of just 'getting by'

They would not reject Arsenal without thinking but odds are that they will likely stay with a side that is realistically challenging on all 4 fronts instead of just 'getting by'

Realistically challenging on all 4 fronts? Which 4? At max I can think of Bundesliga and German cup. That's it. Which are the other 2 cups?

If anything Arsenal have realistic chance of winning the CL than Dortmund (Neither have, but comparing to Dortmund) as Arsenal from 15 years made it to QF and SF consistently.

Edit: You didn't tell why Cabaye moved from League champions to the team that was not even in Europe.

Realistically challenging on all 4 fronts? Which 4? At max I can think of Bundesliga and German cup. That's it. Which are the other 2 cups?

If anything Arsenal have realistic chance of winning the CL than Dortmund (Neither have, but comparing to Dortmund) as Arsenal from 15 years made it to QF and SF consistently.

Edit: You didn't tell why Cabaye moved from League champions to the team that was not even in Europe.

Pretty decent chance of winning the CL as well. They are a better team than Bayern and Bayern made it to the CL finals last season. Does not matter if Arsenal have made it to the QF and SF consistently- Chelsea have made it to QF and SF consistently as well but no one gave us a chance of winning last season. Point is history counts for naught.. Next season any bookmaker worth their salt would give better odds on Dortmund winning the CL as compared to Arsenal especially now that RVP may leave Arsenal

And as I said in my previous post, Lewandowski wont move to Arsenal unless he has some sort of dream of playing in the EPL like Kagawa. Cabaye probably had that dream. Personal preferences aside, Dortmund>Arsenal in terms of player quality at least for now

Pretty decent chance of winning the CL as well. They are a better team than Bayern and Bayern made it to the CL finals last season.

Arsenal are better team than Chelsea and Chelsea won the CL. Not sure how Arsenal can't win it. Yeah your logic.

Does not matter if Arsenal have made it to the QF and SF consistently- Chelsea have made it to QF and SF consistently as well but no one gave us a chance of winning last season. Point is history counts for naught.. Next season any bookmaker worth their salt would give better odds on Dortmund winning the CL as compared to Arsenal especially now that RVP may leave Arsenal

Dortmund haven't even qualified from group stages in long long time. Only to prove they are better than Arsenal someone one give then chance of winning CL. Simple as that.

And as I said in my previous post, Lewandowski wont move to Arsenal unless he has some sort of dream of playing in the EPL like Kagawa. Cabaye probably had that dream. Personal preferences aside, Dortmund>Arsenal in terms of player quality at least for now

No, Lewandowski will move if he gets pay rise. And Arsenal can pay bigger wages than Dortmund so if Arsenal can offer what Dortmund wants, Arsenal can sing him. But point is they won't pay that much.

This discussion is turning ridiculous. Dortmund isn't going to be winning the CL any time soon nor challenging on four fronts; and the fact Chelsea made it last year doesn't mean "history counts for naught". The Arsenal side is improving, and even without RVP the side is better than it has been for the last few years. This has unfortunately come at a time where City, United, Spurs and Chelsea are also very strong; so winning any domestic honours is difficult, and also means you can't rest players for mid week games especially effectively, especially with a shallow squad.

If you pay a player enough, he'll come, if he likes the club/country, he'll come, if he wants to win trophies and the club is in a position to win some, he'll come. But don't tell me every player is the same, it's more like pick a bit from each department and apply it to the individual and see how it applies.

Move probably wont happen, but we dont know. Wenger might splash out if we sell RVP so we never know. Dont have time to find the article, but Lewandowski was fan of Arsenal and especially King Henry and has said he'd like to play in Prem at some point if possible. Also as sunilvk7 said we can offer him the wages he wants which Dortmund refuse to offer him so far.

Move probably wont happen, but we dont know. Wenger might splash out if we sell RVP so we never know. Dont have time to find the article, but Lewandowski was fan of Arsenal and especially King Henry and has said he'd like to play in Prem at some point if possible. Also as sunilvk7 said we can offer him the wages he wants which Dortmund refuse to offer him so far.

A few assumptions there and I never said the transfer can never happen. It is an option although the way some people have gone about it, its like if Arsenal go in its a done deal which is not the case. Lets see though, Lewandowski has had only one really good season at the top level and there are other options out there

Did anyone else hear the David Villa + £13m for RVP? Would do you accept that?

I would **** myself if that happened! On the other hand, it wouldn't happen in a thousand years.

Wenger would take it easily. A world-class striker plus some cash to get in a young prospect for a player in the last year of his contract. Not going to happen though

We've taken Caen striker M'Baye Niang on a trial. Can't say I've heard much about him but to have played 30 Ligue 1 games and be in the French under-21s at 17 he must be a fairly decent talent. Hopefully he impresses while he is with us.

We've taken Caen striker M'Baye Niang on a trial. Can't say I've heard much about him but to have played 30 Ligue 1 games and be in the French under-21s at 17 he must be a fairly decent talent. Hopefully he impresses while he is with us.

He's an incredible player on FM, so hopefully they've mapped him out well.

Absolute BEAST on FM12.. One of the best strikers in the future on the game. If he's anything like that IRL you've got one **** of a talent there.

Back