The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We've taken Caen striker M'Baye Niang on a trial. Can't say I've heard much about him but to have played 30 Ligue 1 games and be in the French under-21s at 17 he must be a fairly decent talent. Hopefully he impresses while he is with us.

Evidence?

Evidence?
Last paragraph in SM Caen : M

One thing is certain, if French clubs are strapped for cash, the English have a little more. Thus, M'Baye Niang is expected to join the Premier League. The 17 year old striker will make a test soon at Arsenal. And the Gunners are not alone in the running. Other expected departure, that of Kandia Traore who do not participate in the internship in Bayeux. The Ivorian is looking for a last good contract and Caen did not retain.

We should snap him up quickly before anyone else does or his price goes up. Next season with U-18's and reserves with NextGen and then look to incorporate him to first team. Maybe a loan deal somewhere. Could along with Afobe be our future strike force.

"Wenger snaps up Frenchman", Jesus how many times have we seen this lol. Never seen him in real life but like many have said is decent on FM so will have to wait and see obviously. One thing i did laugh at yesterday is i was watching "20 managerial moves that shocked the world" and the Wenger to Arsenal deal was on there quite high. The bit that made me laugh was when he was first interviewed on the pitch and said something along the lines of "we have a group of English players here which is key and i will not break up". Now they have Wilshere, Gibbs and Walcott lol.

"Wenger snaps up Frenchman", Jesus how many times have we seen this lol. Never seen him in real life but like many have said is decent on FM so will have to wait and see obviously. One thing i did laugh at yesterday is i was watching "20 managerial moves that shocked the world" and the Wenger to Arsenal deal was on there quite high. The bit that made me laugh was when he was first interviewed on the pitch and said something along the lines of "we have a group of English players here which is key and i will not break up". Now they have Wilshere, Gibbs and Walcott lol.

He probably meant by that comment that english core we had back then wouldn't be sold and replaced by foreign players. Also you forget Jenkinson and Ox from your list.

He probably meant by that comment that english core we had back then wouldn't be sold and replaced by foreign players. Also you forget Jenkinson and Ox from your list.

Im classing Jenkinson as Finish haha.

Ouriel Daskal ‏@Soccerissue
#MCFC also take #AFC kits

396815_394592240599697_298478582_n.jpg

I do find it really cringe worthy that the use him in everything to do with the club lol.

Because he's a City fan, its their attempt to show that they are MANCHESTER... despite the city being about 50-50 split.

What about Bendtner? He played quite well at the Euros. As a bonus you'd get to listen endless media stories about his pants (shorts? i'll never learn proper english names for underwear).

Fiorentina have made a £4.5million bid for Chamakh. (The Times)

Fiorentina bid for Chamakh | Football Italia
The day after they inquired, they returned with a 'very advantageous' offer
- Wenger on the Viola's first move

Thats one down, most likely Squifs, Vela and Bendter will follow suit. Meanwhile Joel Campbell will go on loan to Real Betis next season, since he hasn't got his WP grant yet.

Denilson returns to Sau Paulo for the second time on loan for the whole next season. I prefer the club to cash in on him rather then letting him go on free once his contract is up.

Why can't we just do a swap deal with Fiorentina for Jovetic? If we are as interested in him as people suggest we would be looking at a swap deal. I believe they told Chelsea they wanted 22m euros for him, why not offer Chamakh and 18-20m euros for him?

Also good to hear we took Mbaye Niang on trial, if we sign him that makes one less transfer I have to do on FM. :p

I also heard somewhere that RvP is set to have crunch talks with Wenger this week about the situation he created. I am really not expecting much out of it or if it will even happen but if it does I hope Wenger does something to change his mind. I do not want to see us lose him. Also anyone have any info on Walcott? I personally wouldn't be that upset if he goes but I do think it will be a chain reaction effect on other players who have contracts coming to an end like Alex Song in two years. We MUST keep him imo.

Why can't we just do a swap deal with Fiorentina for Jovetic? If we are as interested in him as people suggest we would be looking at a swap deal. I believe they told Chelsea they wanted 22m euros for him, why not offer Chamakh and 18-20m euros for him?

Also good to hear we took Mbaye Niang on trial, if we sign him that makes one less transfer I have to do on FM. :p

I also heard somewhere that RvP is set to have crunch talks with Wenger this week about the situation he created. I am really not expecting much out of it or if it will even happen but if it does I hope Wenger does something to change his mind. I do not want to see us lose him. Also anyone have any info on Walcott? I personally wouldn't be that upset if he goes but I do think it will be a chain reaction effect on other players who have contracts coming to an end like Alex Song in two years. We MUST keep him imo.

Wenger said 'they have come up with an advantageous offer'. wonder if it eludes to have swap deal with jovetic for chamakh + money. ;)

And as for walcott, no. There's no news on him. The media pretty much overreacts the situation knowing that both rvp and walcott link up well with each other, and that if rvp leave, walcott HAS TO LEAVE [brilliant media logic]. we managed to get vermlean to sign a new contract, hope we do the same with the rest now and not wait to renew contracts only on their last year.

We've been linked with Victor Moses, Yevhen konoplyanka, and Belhanda if he does go.

Doubt anything will happen regarding new forward until RVP is sold. More important now is to get Capoue in and new goalkeeper cos currently we are with Szczesny and Martinez and Martinez likely to be loaned.

Why not take Julio Cesar from Inter as they just signed Handanovic and are looking to offload him. Still quality goalkeeper. I'd rather take him than spend over 10m on Lloris.

Back