The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Corriera Dello Sport are apparently reporting that Jovetics agent is in London to discuss a potential move with Arsenal officials. Not sure how reliable they are and not really expecting us to get him, but if we were to bid for him I imagine Chamakh would be involved.

And French press say have opened contract talks with Koscielny with an eye on extending his deal to 2017, halfway through a 4 year deal so would make seen to atleast open talks. Don't think we should have too much trouble getting him to re-sign though.

Corriera Dello Sport are apparently reporting that Jovetics agent is in London to discuss a potential move with Arsenal officials. Not sure how reliable they are and not really expecting us to get him, but if we were to bid for him I imagine Chamakh would be involved.

And French press say have opened contract talks with Koscielny with an eye on extending his deal to 2017, halfway through a 4 year deal so would make seen to atleast open talks. Don't think we should have too much trouble getting him to re-sign though.

His agent might also be talking with Chelsea. I think offer around 15m + add on's rising up to 18m + Chamakh might be enough for them to sell. Fiorentina have now confirmed he has release clause in his contract and it's rumoured to be 22m. ( All in € )

I think we are currently trying to tie in all our main players on longer contracts. I think Koscielny signing is merely a formality. His best mate just joined us and he is getting better and better with us. Also hopefully we are working full time on making Song sign new contract.

Doubt anything will happen regarding new forward until RVP is sold. More important now is to get Capoue in and new goalkeeper cos currently we are with Szczesny and Martinez and Martinez likely to be loaned.

Why not take Julio Cesar from Inter as they just signed Handanovic and are looking to offload him. Still quality goalkeeper. I'd rather take him than spend over 10m on Lloris.

Oh yes, that a good call, but might go to like 10m or so. i think mannone will either leave or go on loan, while martinez will still be in the reserves competing with reice Charles-Cook.

Last edited:
Doubt anything will happen regarding new forward until RVP is sold. More important now is to get Capoue in and new goalkeeper cos currently we are with Szczesny and Martinez and Martinez likely to be loaned.

Why not take Julio Cesar from Inter as they just signed Handanovic and are looking to offload him. Still quality goalkeeper. I'd rather take him than spend over 10m on Lloris.

He is on 4.5 Million per year contract at Inter and Julio Cesar won't be a back up for any team so I think considering the wages and role it is very unlikely signing for Arsenal.

He is on 4.5 Million per year contract at Inter and Julio Cesar won't be a back up for any team so I think considering the wages and role it is very unlikely signing for Arsenal.

Currently he doesn't have much takers except from Turkey which move he already rejected. I think he could accept 4m p/y contract ( ~80k € p/w ) with us. He wouldn't be #1, but would need to compete with Szczesny. That's better than what he'd have at Inter as Handanovic was signed as clear #1

If Lloris rumour is true he also wont be signed as backup to Szczesny. We are looking for competition and I'd rather have Julio Cesar than Lloris.

Wages would be paid easily as we are saving more than 80k p/w as Almunia was released and Mannone likely to be sold.

Also Lol_101 Inter are looking to offload him so they save his wages. They arent looking for massive transfer fee.

Idk guys did you see Julio Cesar this season? He made some shocking errors, I mean he would be a great tutor for Szceszny but to say Cesar would be a clear #1 is not true imo.

Also agree, Julio Cesar better than scezneydjhfcbjfg

Szczesny fully fit is as good as Julio Cesar. JC isn't as good anymore as he used to be couple years ago. Szczesny played the end of last season with some kind of shoulder injury which contributes somewhat to his drop of form.

If we cant get Jovetic than Dzeko + 15m or Dzeko & De Jong + 5-10m. We are in need to sell him quickly so we should ask for as much as we can. If City really want him they need to pay up cos their chances of signing him on free are weak as foreign clubs can approach him much sooner than they can and I think Real and Barca will do that if he isn't sold now/january.

Szczesny > Julio Cesar in my opinion. Okay, goalkeepers can play at their peak until they're 40 (van der Sar, Seaman), but Wojciech's got a whole 10 years over Cesar and that's massive playing time. If we sign Cesar, Szczesny will absolutely no doubt want out because he wants #1 and he deserves it here.

As for van Persie to Man City, it's a possibility, not taking anything away for it, but 1. he's said to be really wanting to go to Italy, and 2. no way will we get Dzeko AND de Jong AND cash, let alone one of them plus money.

Currently he doesn't have much takers except from Turkey which move he already rejected. I think he could accept 4m p/y contract ( ~80k € p/w ) with us. He wouldn't be #1, but would need to compete with Szczesny. That's better than what he'd have at Inter as Handanovic was signed as clear #1

If Lloris rumour is true he also wont be signed as backup to Szczesny. We are looking for competition and I'd rather have Julio Cesar than Lloris.

Wages would be paid easily as we are saving more than 80k p/w as Almunia was released and Mannone likely to be sold.

Also Lol_101 Inter are looking to offload him so they save his wages. They arent looking for massive transfer fee.

Why will he sign for other team to be #2 when he can stay at Inter and play the same role at higher wages and also with teammates he knows for years?

Any team signing Cesar will sign him as #1 imo, not as a back up.

Also yes Inter are trying to offload and there are rumors that Milan wants him.

It'd be mental to bump Schzxhxihoufhcoifh oocerokflny back down to #2nd choice, he's well younger, and slightly worse than Cesar with plenty of room to be a brilliant 'keeper.

Also looks like an Arsenal, Liverpool, and abroad team battle for Dempsey.

Why will he sign for other team to be #2 when he can stay at Inter and play the same role at higher wages and also with teammates he knows for years?

Any team signing Cesar will sign him as #1 imo, not as a back up.

Also yes Inter are trying to offload and there are rumors that Milan wants him.

Inter want rid of him because he's on huge wages, and he's declined at an alarming rate in the last two seasons. Not a good keeper anymore.

Don't know why anyone on this forum rates him, the last time he was world class was in the treble winning season.

Inter want rid of him because he's on huge wages, and he's declined at an alarming rate in the last two seasons. Not a good keeper anymore.

Don't know why anyone on this forum rates him, the last time he was world class was in the treble winning season.

Yes, Inter wants to offload because he is on high wages. He is not declining. Last season he was bit average, whole Inter was.

I rate him because he is good enough GK. So he is not world class, so what? Is Ches a World class keeper? No. So why will he sign for Arsenal to be a back up keeper when he has so many years to offer?

Yes, Inter wants to offload because he is on high wages. He is not declining. Last season he was bit average, whole Inter was.

I rate him because he is good enough GK. So he is not world class, so what? Is Ches a World class keeper? No. So why will he sign for Arsenal to be a back up keeper when he has so many years to offer?

You clearly watch no Serie A football, or like one or two games a season, if you think that statement is true. Because everyone knows he's declining. He's in a very similar position to Dida was a few seasons ago with Milan.

Because he is good on FIFA. ;)

You clearly watch no Serie A football, or like one or two games a season, if you think that statement is true. Because everyone knows he's declining. He's in a very similar position to Dida was a few seasons ago with Milan.

Yeah I watch no Italian football eve though I watch almost all Inter games :rollani:
Probably I was wrong when I said he is not declining, but still he is any day better than Ches, which is what I posted first.

Back