The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
what happened to Malaga? I thought they were loaded and set to battle with Barca and Real?

This is a relatively good summary, but tl;dr they bought themselves into shitloads of debt under the rich new owner, who then refused to help them pay it all off.

This is a relatively good summary, but tl;dr they bought themselves into shitloads of debt under the rich new owner, who then refused to help them pay it all off.

and also they didnt pay the player wages for most of the season. not to mention the large discrepancy in TV right in La lige.

Even as a sugar daddy club they cant pay it off,lol. i bet if psg or city had that 40m debt they would have at least paid it off. Malaga screwed it up big time.

Last edited:
and also they didnt pay the player wages for most of the season. not to mention the large discrepancy in TV right in La lige.

Even as a sugar daddy club they cant pay it off,lol. i bet if psg or city had that 40m debt they would have at least paid it off. Malaga screwed it up big time.

Actually, Malaga did exactly as anyone would expect, and exactly what City and PSG did. It's just that randomly, out of the blue and for no reason, the owner didn't pay up.

New squad pictures have been released. Have noticed that Van Persie's is a photoshop of last years.

Hi guys, as Santi Cazorla will soon be an Arsenal player, I did an article on my blog about how he could fit in to the Gunner's line-up, the post got an average reception on Reddit and I thought you guys might be interested, so I'll just post a link to it.

Football Tactics From A Terrier!: Santi Cazorla to Arsenal - Is He Right for the Gunners?

If you don't like it please tell me why as I want to improve my content, same goes if you do like it, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Man Bolton seem pretty god with youth loan signings, Wilshere, Ryo and Sturridge for Chelsea. Good luck to Afobe

Hi guys, as Santi Cazorla will soon be an Arsenal player, I did an article on my blog about how he could fit in to the Gunner's line-up, the post got an average reception on Reddit and I thought you guys might be interested, so I'll just post a link to it.

Football Tactics From A Terrier!: Santi Cazorla to Arsenal - Is He Right for the Gunners?

If you don't like it please tell me why as I want to improve my content, same goes if you do like it, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Pretty well written, I liked it :) (Perhaps make some of your sentences shorter?)

Although, you don't see Wenger going back to a 4-4-2? With Podolski playing as a second striker/ (almost inside forward position) like Henry used to play? I can see Wenger trying this, Giroud would be perfect for that formation.

Pretty well written, I liked it :) (Perhaps make some of your sentences shorter?)

Although, you don't see Wenger going back to a 4-4-2? With Podolski playing as a second striker/ (almost inside forward position) like Henry used to play? I can see Wenger trying this, Giroud would be perfect for that formation.

4-2-3-1

Arteta/Song

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

13 years ago was the signing that furthermore made the club even bigger and reached its highest, yes that was the sign of Thierry Henry from Juventus :)

And now were are close to signing Cazorla, that could be the our signing of the season. His midfield dynamism will probably give us that same thing Cesc used to do in the midfield and even as little more extra in the wings too.

Apparently Malaga's situation has slowed the confirmation of the deal, but im hoping that by Saturday, August the 4th, yes a month after RVP questioned our Ambition

View attachment 264216
(lol sorry couldn't resist :P)

Its said Santi has meet with the teammates at training, and the Mirror reports that Santi will be on a 70k p/w deal on a 4-year term. The fee is the only thing confusing, some claiming its 12m (as of yesterday), while the Mirror goes on saying its 16m initial with addons

In the other hand, Mourinho has said Sahin is free to leave and its all down to his hands. Galatasaray are also reported interested in Sahin
Arsenal target Nuri Sahin has been told he can leave Real Madrid by Jose Mourinho - Mirror Online

Last edited:
Apparently Malaga's situation has slowed the confirmation of the deal, but im hoping that by Friday, August the 4th, yes a month after RVP questioned our Ambition

I think you mean Saturday, August the 4th and I agree. I think he will be an excellent signing to that of how Juan Mata was for Chelsea last season and David Silva for Manchester City. I also heard that the Nuri Sahin deal is pretty close to being done with a season long loan and a future 17m fee for him at the end of the year. I personally would rather see him signing permanently but I don't mind us testing him on a loan bid first. Looking at our first team next year the only thing we need to resolve now is that dreaded back up right back I keep bringing up.

Van Persie's reluctance to join City puts deal on hold - Transfers - Football - The Independent
RVP first choice is Juve, and if that fails, god forbid he'll go to United. Also says that he wont be joining City (YES !!!!).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2183186/Arsenal-competition-MBaye-Niang.html
We are still in for him, but we're face strong competition with Milan and possibly Man City (ffs)

And also i was think we might make a sneak move and sign Omar Abdulrahman, he's been fantastic in the Olympics so far :P

Last edited:
[/CENTER]

I think you mean Saturday, August the 4th and I agree. I think he will be an excellent signing to that of how Juan Mata was for Chelsea last season and David Silva for Manchester City. I also heard that the Nuri Sahin deal is pretty close to being done with a season long loan and a future 17m fee for him at the end of the year. I personally would rather see him signing permanently but I don't mind us testing him on a loan bid first. Looking at our first team next year the only thing we need to resolve now is that dreaded back up right back I keep bringing up.

lol good catch. its not Friday its Saturday. as for sahin, im sure even with a loan move in the first season he'll really do well and possibly consider joining us in the end. even if Mou says the future is in his hands, who knows with Xabi alonso coming of age Mou might give him one last chance.

As for RB, its again, debatable. Yennaris recently signed a long term contract, hence hints he 'possibly' could be Sagna's replacement. He's got a good future, and he did well in the asia tour, but he's not for the immediate option. i prefer yennaris over Jenkinson though, since Jenks, like santos, prefers to attack than defend. or we could go for Mathieu Debuchy, but Lille seem very reluctant.

lol good catch. its not Friday its Saturday. as for sahin, im sure even with a loan move in the first season he'll really do well and possibly consider joining us in the end. even if Mou says the future is in his hands, who knows with Xabi alonso coming of age Mou might give him one last chance.

As for RB, its again, debatable. Yennaris recently signed a long term contract, hence hints he 'possibly' could be Sagna's replacement. He's got a good future, and he did well in the asia tour, but he's not for the immediate option. i prefer yennaris over Jenkinson though, since Jenks, like santos, prefers to attack than defend. or we could go for Mathieu Debuchy, but Lille seem very reluctant.

We don't seem to be in for Debuchy that's Newcastle's target isn't it? Although I would very much like him here as i'm not that confident with either Jenks or Yennaris

Kyle Bartley, how do you think he'll do this season? First-team challenger? Or another loan spell?

Tbh he struggles quite a lot with Rangers in the SPL and isn't really a regular starter. Definitely don't think he's Arsenal quality yet. Unfortunately from watching him play there for the last two years not sure he ever will be tbh.

Edit: Just re-read that and realised how harsh it sounds. He's still young and has plenty of time to improve so another loan deal would be most beneficial imo. It's just that I've been a little disappointed in his development so far as he doesn't appear to have improved that much.

Last edited:
‘It’s an honour to be part of the first team’ | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

Kyle Bartley, how do you think he'll do this season? First-team challenger? Or another loan spell?

I don't think he'll make it at all. He's gonna be a 5/6th choice (depending on Song) which isn't too bad considering we always have CB problems every season. He definetely won't become our first choice in his future although he could choose to be a backup over the years but my guess is that he'll leave in 1 or 2 seasons.

Back