The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Nope never in a club season has he scored over 20 goals. I'd take that bet straight away mate, easy money.

[TABLE="class: infobox vcard"]
[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #b0c4de, colspan: 4, align: center"]Senior career*[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]Years[/TH]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]Apps†​[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](Gls)†​[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]2002–2004[/TH]
[TD]1. FC Köln II[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](0)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]2003–2006[/TH]
[TD]1. FC Köln[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]81[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](46)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]2006–2009[/TH]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]71[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](15)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]2007–2008[/TH]
[TD]Bayern Munich II[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]2009–2012[/TH]
[TD]1. FC Köln[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]88[/TD]
[TD="align: right"](33)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"]2012–[/TH]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

With 24 goals, Podolski becomes the league's best scorer in the 2004–05 season. ( 30 Apps - 24 Goals).
Easy money , you say ? :P

[video=youtube;mjhXVnslHCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjhXVnslHCs&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
people gone doubt podolski just like papis cisse, who also played previously with a club that was also bound for relegation (but survived in the end, impressively. )

Why would they have sold him earlier? the whole point was to get him to sign a contract, not make the most money.

It's been inevitable that he was leaving. If you're an arsenal fan and you haven't seen this coming, then you're an idiot.

Well as evidenced by last season it was right decision to keep him at the club rather than sell then. We wouldn't have gotten much more if at all as this last season was his first real injury free season where he fulfilled his potential.

I was answering a question asked. Not saying the decision to wait was good or bad.

It's been inevitable that he was leaving. If you're an arsenal fan and you haven't seen this coming, then you're an idiot.

It wasn't inevitable two years ago, so you are talking nonsense, and trying to argue hindsight something they couldn't have known at the time. The fact is he gave every indication that he would sign, then rapidly started backpedalling over the last 6 months. Which is why Arsenal fans are so irate that he is joining us.

Last edited:
No, not inevitable, he just realised he wasn't going to get what he needed. It's just a shame he wasn't more clear about this, though being the former captain I presume he had to keep somewhat quiet. No problem with that.

To be fair, I'm pretty happy with the transfer. £24m for a player with one year left who was going to leave anyway represents great business - I personally thought it'd be hard to get 20, and with the injury problems he has had (and lets be clear, I hope has doesn't have more of them as he's great to watch) it represents somewhat of a risk. Plus sets Welbeck back, which is a shame. Bit confused how the Utd team will play.

[h=1]All Of Arsenal FC's 74 League Goals 2011-12[/h][video=youtube;yuzQ5-vZF7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuzQ5-vZF7o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

people gone doubt podolski just like papis cisse, who also played previously with a club that was also bound for relegation (but survived in the end, impressively. )

Not doubting him, just don't think he's a 20 goals per season forward.. I mean, Even RVP only managed that feat like once.

Now that we`ve sold RvP, who do you want : Llorente or Higuain ?

Not doubting him, just don't think he's a 20 goals per season forward.. I mean, Even RVP only managed that feat like once.

in football, anything can happen :P *speaks in russian accent*

i think he'll grab maybe 15. giroud could get the same number, who knows

He doesn't need to be a 20 goals per season striker. If he and Giroud can combine for 30 league goals between them then they will have done a good job.

Wenger has said he signed Podolski and Giroud as RVP replacements. This deal was in the pipeline 2 months ago to sell RVP.

Podolski still has alot to prove at club level, his one big move didnt end well,

he is a good player, its just weather he can adapt.

He doesn't need to be a 20 goals per season striker. If he and Giroud can combine for 30 league goals between them then they will have done a good job.

Erghh, go back a page and you'll see what I was replying to.

I wonder why that was, maybe something to do with injuries...

Well that's entirely irrelevant.

I wonder why that was, maybe something to do with injuries...

Does not necessarily mean that he would have repeated that feat multiple times if he was injury-free. Ok the one season he was fully fit, he destroyed defences. I am still to be convinced if he is truly the real deal or just a good player who had one great season

I think RVP leaving could be a blessing in disguise for our new forwards, when we first signed chamakh he did well for the first 3 months and then rvp blew him away by scoring to much. At least with out RVP Polodski and Giroud will get proper game time and not 20 minutes cameos

Back