The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
runor has it that we were sniffing around for Leandro Damiao.

Any chance that our sale of RVP might make this a serious man hunt? We've got two good middle age strikers, one young striker on lone (Afobe, do we have a recall clause?). A young potential superstar like Damiao would give us depth and potential alongside Afobe.

I mean who is our #3 striker? Walcott? Arshavin? Chamakh or Bendtner (assuming they aren't sold).

Yes, we can recall in january if we want to.

Athletic Bilbao centre forward Fernando Llorente features highly on his wishlist and Arsenal spies have extensively watched Atletico Madrid forward Adrian Lopez.

Read more (last paragraph): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2189521/Jack-Wilshere-Arsenals-new-No-10.htm

Not sure about you guys, but i kinda wanted wilshere to get the no.7 once rosicky retires or leaves, liam brady = whilshere. oh well, guess no.10 suits him more

wilshere10.jpg

I'm really not upset, it actually made my decision to get a Pods kit much easier. Now should I get home or away?

But I do say I was surprised when I saw the news (I blurted out "what?") as I thought RVP would stay at least till winter. Which may have been the case but runor has it that Wenger pushed him out the door.

but anyway

-------Pods
Gerv----------Walcott
-------Santi
----Sahin---Arteta
Gibb--Kos-Verm--Sagna

or
---------Oli
--Pods-------Walcott
--------Ox
----Santi--Arteta

We still have lots of midfield and attacking options if Song leaves. Coq or Frimpong, Rosicky (who had a good 2nd half last year) Ramsey and Wilshere. Lots of options.

I could see us looking for a quality DM but it's not paramount. I'd wager that if we made any more moves it would be for defensive depth.

It is still a decent team for Cazorla as a deep cm.. cant see it, everytime ive seen him play its been as a CF role or a wide right

Also doubt you'll get Sahin, with LFC very much on the verge if you believe reports, but it still is up in the air that one!

Wenger admitting that Podolski and Giroud were signed as replacements for RvP, which probably means we won't see much more movement in terms of forwards, I doubt the Sahin deal will go through tbh, people may say that this year we actually spent money, but our 3 signings combined equals just under 40m the RvP deal is roughly 24m meaning we've actually only spent 16m, if Dong goes and we don't sign a replacement (which in my opinion would mean no CL for us) then that would probably bring our net spend to roughly 0. This disappoints me so much, I don't care about the money spent I care about improving the team but once again we are stuck replacing players rather than strengthening, if this goes on we have no chance of winning anything soon.

Athletic Bilbao centre forward Fernando Llorente features highly on his wishlist and Arsenal spies have extensively watched Atletico Madrid forward Adrian Lopez.

Read more (last paragraph): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2189521/Jack-Wilshere-Arsenals-new-No-10.htm

Not sure about you guys, but i kinda wanted wilshere to get the no.7 once rosicky retires or leaves, liam brady = whilshere. oh well, guess no.10 suits him more

wilshere10.jpg

Until he reaches his mid 20's and wants to win trophies lol.

Barcelona

wow well done me to discover this Arsenal thread just now, have never scrolled down the front page to anything other than FM12 topics..

Last edited:
So where do you think Vermalean will go guys? :P

Nowhere. Hopefully he can be our modern Tony Adams - retiring as a commanding Arsenal captain (our last captain to do so).

According to BBC Sport website, Robbin' van Payroll has signed a four year deal with United. £22.5m up front apparently, and an additional £1.5m should they win a Premier League or Champions League in the next four years, which seems very likely.

BBC Sport - Robin van Persie in £24m move to Man Utd from Arsenal

EDIT: Confirmation on United's website too.

Last edited:
I think Wilshere will take the armband someday and will be here until he retires, I mean he fired his agent because he said he wouldn't need one as he won't ever leave Arsenal

If we sign a DM to replace Song and maybe a backup to Giroud then I fancy us to win the League the this year

If we sign a DM to replace Song and maybe a backup to Giroud then I fancy us to win the League the this year

I don't. considering you have lost RVP and then to lose Song kills a spine of your team last season. Giroud/ Podolski/ (New DM) all have to adapt to a new league, yet they are a key part of the team, top 4 is more realistic in my opinion.

I don`t get it, i really don`t get it why Ding Dong Song wanna leave, we`re in a better position than last seasons opening, i know we`ve lost RvP but we got Santi, Giroud & Dolski, so now we have more creativity in the mid of the park and a good attack with plenty of options ..... don`t get it.

Song is too lazy to press like they do in the Barcelona tactic.. Also if he's the replacement for Keita, doesn't that mean he's going to be a substitute because they already have Busquets and Macherano?

I don't. considering you have lost RVP and then to lose Song kills a spine of your team last season. Giroud/ Podolski/ (New DM) all have to adapt to a new league, yet they are a key part of the team, top 4 is more realistic in my opinion.

We've replaced him with Giroud and although there's no guarantee he'll do half as well as RVP did, we also signed Podolski and Gervinho has looked lively in preseason suggesting theres a lot more to come from our attack this season. Add to that Cazorla and we are in a better position that we were last season. Song at times was a liability while defending last season and a proper DM would sort that out so all in all we'd be much better than last season.

I don`t get it, i really don`t get it why Ding Dong Song wanna leave, we`re in a better position than last seasons opening, i know we`ve lost RvP but we got Santi, Giroud & Dolski, so now we have more creativity in the mid of the park and a good attack with plenty of options ..... don`t get it.

Money. All the rumours were started by his agent to either enforce a move away or so he will be offered improved deal.

Feel the title race will be between the Mancs and Chelsea. Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham to battle for the sole remaining Top 4 spot.

If Tottenham have lost Modric and yet don't have a better striker than Defoe. Liverpool are rebuilding after the dire past seasons. Arsenal have lost their talisman (RVP) and will probably lose Song... Wenger said Song can leave. Apparent bust-up at training

Feel the title race will be between the Mancs and Chelsea. Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham to battle for the sole remaining Top 4 spot.

If Tottenham have lost Modric and yet don't have a better striker than Defoe. Liverpool are rebuilding after the dire past seasons. Arsenal have lost their talisman (RVP) and will probably lose Song... Wenger said Song can leave. Apparent bust-up at training

Chelsea is in similar situation as we are. If your new signings wont come in gun's blazing you'll be competing for 4th spot at best.

Back