The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Diaby, Cazorla, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud

Subs: Martinez, Santos, Walcott, Ox, Ramsey, Djourou, Coquelin.

I'll be watching Arsenal this season with pleasure. I think you have very good team and I'll enjoy it, just like I enjoyed the one with Henry, Ljungberg, Berkamp and Viera.

Oh god, Szczesny out - As if defeat wasn't already a very realistic prospect.

zzz.

Should've been penalty for us. Still looking bit toothless up front, but otherwise pretty good. Diaby looking great.

1st game = Dull...boring to watch.
2nd game = So far, more of the same..

We wasnt winning trophies, least we were entertaining..now we've lost that. we'll have to get used to our last game slot in match of the day :)

Wilkinson you are a lucky *******. Vindictive challenge

Yeah, got to find some form. Diaby involved in a lot but seems to be giving the ball away an awful lot. Perhaps Ramsey might be on for him later in the game. With 15mins left though, this is looking like another goalless draw.

I'll be watching Arsenal this season with pleasure. I think you have very good team and I'll enjoy it, just like I enjoyed the one with Henry, Ljungberg, Berkamp and Viera.
I was wrong.

Am I surprised it finished 0-0? No. It's Stoke City after all-rock solid team. And Arsenal are still toothless right now without RVP. It's apparent they'll need a while to adjust without him. Good to see Ramsey back though

lol to be fair when you wrote that I assumed you were trolling :D

Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Henry, Petit etc were definitely more inventive.. Today though, at least we didn't lose, which in previous seasons away at Stoke would be the problem. Team slowly gelling, need to definitely do some more training with the short passing though.

Stoke fans booing Ramsey... classy.

Indeed:/

Actually Ramsey looked full of energy and positive today, which is great news, as he was awful at the end of last season, so hope he can step it up and build some form. We don't exactly have many players to rotate for those spots right now so if they play badly it's going to hurt.

Can't say I'm too unhappy with our start. Of course I'd prefer 2 wins, but 2 clean sheets in row after our last season is big improvement.

Main problem we have is that we don't currently create enough good chances. Still both Podolski and Giroud did good today. Podolski looked much better than against Sunderland and Giroud's hold play was good as was his movement. Bit unlucky not to score from that shot at the end. Would been goal of season contender.

Back