The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
May have been different if Wilkinson had got the red he deserved. Should've been off-I think anyway.

August 2012 :
* first game of the season : DRAW - > Team setting : Attack --- > OK.
* second game of the season : DRAW -> Team setting : ***** --- > Embarrassing.

More to follow -> stay tuned.

Arsenal FC:

* 1990s - 2004 : Title Contenders
* 2004 - 2012 : UCL Spot Contenders ( 3rd & 4th place )
* 2012 - ....... : Europa League Contenders.

Last edited:
We seemed to have improved defensively but still look very blunt going forward. I'm hoping that improves in the coming weeks. Not a bad point though.

Back four looked quality yet again. Bould making that bigger difference or defence just cutting out silly mistakes? Probably both. Not going to get too uptight over the lack of goals - three of our front four today were only playing their second competitive game so are still learning how eachother plays.

Point at Stoke is never a bad result. Hadn't scored in our first two games last season even with van Persie so some people need to relax.

Back four looked quality yet again. Bould making that bigger difference or defence just cutting out silly mistakes? Probably both. Not going to get too uptight over the lack of goals - three of our front four today were only playing their second competitive game so are still learning how eachother plays.

Point at Stoke is never a bad result. Hadn't scored in our first two games last season even with van Persie so some people need to relax.

No! It provides me with lols with the over-reaction lol

0.0 not entertaining but a good result defence looked fantastic Bould making a difference already. Stoke boring and sat with 10 men behind the ball. It will come we made Wrighty we made Henry and we Made Van Persie time to make another class act. Keep the faith

When I first saw Mannone in the starting 11 I thought oh no, but he played well today given the saves he had to make. Also I think our defense has improved dramatically which is a great thing. I mean just look so far we have conceded less goals than City, Chelsea, United and Tottenham! Haha ok well we still only have 2 points to show for it and something needs to happen this next week in the transfer window.

When I first saw Mannone in the starting 11 I thought oh no, but he played well today given the saves he had to make. Also I think our defense has improved dramatically which is a great thing. I mean just look so far we have conceded less goals than City, Chelsea, United and Tottenham! Haha ok well we still only have 2 points to show for it and something needs to happen this next week in the transfer window.

Yea I was also fearing for same kind of game he had against Olympiakos last season. Did well when he was needed. Also Jenkinson was really positive today. He still looks bit slow, but is improving. I think he should start to consider joining Finland team this fall for WC qualifiers. Maybe not yet as Sagna is still out, but when Sagna is back he would get more playing time and decent games under him.

Walcott and Gervinho offer no end product for use while atacking. I think Arshavin would do better tbh because it's getting depressing

lol love this 2 games in and you lot give up no wonder rvp left class lol

Nobody have given up, nice try with the troll. Gervinho was extremely poor, that's just a fact. No end product, tried to do too much and no link up. Walcott I thought did alright, he was just forced to play too deep (which is related to Sagna not playing as he usually drives the touchline more). Arshavin.. perhaps, I thought we were selling him? Either way we'd better get some mileage out of him, perhaps more centrally along with Rosicky.

Nobody have given up, nice try with the troll. Gervinho was extremely poor, that's just a fact. No end product, tried to do too much and no link up. Walcott I thought did alright, he was just forced to play too deep (which is related to Sagna not playing as he usually drives the touchline more). Arshavin.. perhaps, I thought we were selling him? Either way we'd better get some mileage out of him, perhaps more centrally along with Rosicky.

I think Gervinho started because he's only one of our wide players with full pre-season.

Next game I'd start either Walcott or Arshavin instead. Arshavin maybe because of his history against Liverpool :)

Back