The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
images

Next game I'd start either Walcott or Arshavin instead. Arshavin maybe because of his history against Liverpool :)
I'd start Walcott, Liverpool will attack us more so there will be space behind them for him to exploit. Besides, Arshavin is getting sold.

I'm really excited about Giroud.

While he hasn't gelled yet (no fault of his own), he is showing promising signs! Holds up the ball well, can run with ball at feet, excellent movement and workrate, is cheeky (long chip nearly going in for goal of season), and is unselfish by bringing his teammates into play.

I'm really excited about Giroud.

While he hasn't gelled yet (no fault of his own), he is showing promising signs! Holds up the ball well, can run with ball at feet, excellent movement and workrate, is cheeky (long chip nearly going in for goal of season), and is unselfish by bringing his teammates into play.

Hate to be a party pooper, but the same was said of Chamakh.

Hate to be a party pooper, but the same was said of Chamakh.

To be fair, Chamakh was quality until being dropped due to RVP's return.

It's unlikely Giroud will be dropped and so he probably won't suffer in the same way.

I'd start Walcott, Liverpool will attack us more so there will be space behind them for him to exploit. Besides, Arshavin is getting sold.

Not sure about that. Not 100% proof that he wont be, but everytime there's training pics @ arsenal.com he's there and the players we are actively trying to sell ( Bendtner , Park ... ) nowhere to be seen.

Chamakh was displaced by RVP, that's how he ended.

That can't happen to Giroud unless we bring in a world class striker (llorente, cavani, Damiao).

How is Damiao world class? Just because he played well at the olympics?

Edit: For me unless Damiao can show he can do it, in a major tournament (eg. the world cup) or in one of the major leagues, then he only has potential to be world class- rather than being world class.

Last edited:
How is Damiao world class? Just because he played well at the olympics?

Better goal to game ratio than Neymar. Brazil international over the likes of Pato. But he just had a few good games at the olympics.

Better goal to game ratio than Neymar. Brazil international over the likes of Pato. But he just had a few good games at the olympics.

2010- 12 goals

2011- 38 goals

2012- 20 goals

And two goals for Brazil in 10 games.

They're good figures. But that alone doesn't justify him being world class. And Pato has had such a stop start career hampered by injuries every season, I'm really not surprised that he gets picked over him.

Stoke fans are ******* sick (pardon my language) !! Booing a player who had is leg broken by one of there own players? ..... Sorry that your players are sooo ***** at playing actual football that you have to basically throw it into the goal .... yeah thats a good team isnt it, go and play rugby union .....sicko's !!

Stoke fans are ******* sick (pardon my language) !! Booing a player who had is leg broken by one of there own players? ..... Sorry that your players are sooo ***** at playing actual football that you have to basically throw it into the goal .... yeah thats a good team isnt it, go and play rugby union .....sicko's !!

No wonder why Stoke is so high on every Arsenal fans relegation list. I'm just lucky we got out without any injuries.

Arsenal are a team in decline, and Napoli are a team with huge potential (and it looks like they are going to build the team around him)

We're on the decline? This is news to me please try explaining your evidence without mentioning that we haven't won a trophy for a while or that we keep selling our best players yet perform over pre-season expectations.

We're on the decline? This is news to me please try explaining your evidence without mentioning that we haven't won a trophy for a while or that we keep selling our best players yet perform over pre-season expectations.

So you want him to explain his argument by leaving out two of the most relevant pieces of information that can be used to support it....How does that make sense?

Its like me saying.. Tell me how Chelsea are moneybags without mentioning we are backed by a Russian Billionaire

Back