The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Shame, it basically just delays the problem until next season then unless he's committed to actually signing a contract.

Any Arsenal fans worried that the transfer talk surrounding Arsenal has completely ceased?

Meh, players could still leave but doubt we'll get anyone into place. The big issue seems to be replacing Song, which we don't seem to be doing. Prob promoting Coquein instead.

I personally don't see us making any signings before deadline day. Wenger has said if we don't buy before the window closes we will buy in January. I hope I am wrong because we need them now but we will see I guess. I had a lot more optimism ahead of last seasons deadline day than I do this year.

Godcubed posts don't dismiss his impact at all, quite the the opposite. His most important impact isnt measured in stats: pace and directness. He forces defenders to defend deep, which enlarges the space on the pitch and gives arsenal more room. Not to mention he scored 8 goals and 11 assists. Think that makes him your 3rd top scorer and 3rd top assister, as well as your only truly effective wide forward.

He forces players to defend deep? That doesn't make him a good player. We'd be better off with someone who actually provided a threat with the ball

Last edited:
He forces players to defend deep? That doesn't make him a good player. We'd be better off with someone who actually provided a threat with the ball

If he indirectly causes Cazorla to be more threatening, he's worth playing, no?

If he indirectly causes Cazorla to be more threatening, he's worth playing, no?

Appreciation of Space is basically why players like Silva, Mata and Cazorla do so well haha. Cazorla is a brilliant player and he will be key to Arsenal's fortunes this season so more than worth it to ensure he gets as much space to work his brilliance

Did you even bother to read the rest of my post? Do you even watch your club? He forces them deep with direct runs on and off the ball, it puts the defenders on the back foot. He chips in with good amount of goals and assists. How does he no provide a threat with the ball. It makes him important to the side, and thus a good player for Arsenal.

Oh and creating space is absolutely vital for the kind of football Arsenal play. Walcott mades sides player wider and deeper. Width creates gaps, depth creates space. This allows Arsenal to play their intricate threaded passes into the danger area.

Appreciation of Space is basically why players like Silva, Mata and Cazorla do so well haha. Cazorla is a brilliant player and he will be key to Arsenal's fortunes this season so more than worth it to ensure he gets as much space to work his brilliance

Most sides have a direct runner for this very reason.

Did you even bother to read the rest of my post? Do you even watch your club? He forces them deep with direct runs on and off the ball, it puts the defenders on the back foot. He chips in with good amount of goals and assists. How does he no provide a threat with the ball. It makes him important to the side, and thus a good player for Arsenal.

Oh and creating space is absolutely vital for the kind of football Arsenal play. Walcott mades sides player wider and deeper. Width creates gaps, depth creates space. This allows Arsenal to play their intricate threaded passes into the danger area.

Yeah you're right Walcott is an indispensable player for Arsenal and should be the first name on the team sheet (H)

Most sides have a direct runner for this very reason.

Makes sense now that you point it out... Chelsea had Ramires/Sturridge last season. Both pacey players who forced defenses to drop allowing Mata space to work the ball

Yeah you're right Walcott is an indispensable player for Arsenal and should be the first name on the team sheet (H)

No need to be a ****.. If you don't agree with Mike. just say so and offer counter-arguments which you obviously do not seem to have

Makes sense now that you point it out... Chelsea had Ramires/Sturridge last season. Both pacey players who forced defenses to drop allowing Mata space to work the ball

The best example of this: David Villa for spain and barca, when you have Iniesta on the other side, and also pedro.

No need to be a ****.. If you don't agree with Mike. just say so and offer counter-arguments which you obviously do not seem to have

Don't bother if I was you. The fact he was Arsenals second highest scorer last season with 11 goals, scared defenders stupid with his pace, had moments of sheer brilliance etc etc etc obviously means absolutely nothing. Obviously doesn't pay attention to his club players properly

The best example of this: David Villa for spain and barca, when you have Iniesta on the other side, and also pedro.

You comparing David Villa to Walcott?

Don't bother if I was you. The fact he was Arsenals second highest scorer last season with 11 goals, scared defenders stupid with his pace, had moments of sheer brilliance etc etc etc obviously means absolutely nothing. Obviously doesn't pay attention to his club players properly

If those moments of brilliance weren't few and far between I wouldn't complain about him.

You comparing David Villa to Walcott?

Well done, you have spectacularly missed the point. At no point did I compare him to Walcott. If you had any grip on footballing knowledge, you'd see i was talking about the directness of their roles. Their aim is to create width and depth, and punish any side who tries to push up, because both have the ability to immediately get beyond the high line and escape to goal.

Back