The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
This is getting boring. I clicked on the link to see if there were comments regarding the Champions League draw. All I got was nonsense about Walcott.

This is getting boring. I clicked on the link to see if there were comments regarding the Champions League draw. All I got was nonsense about Walcott.

:D

I think it's a decent draw for us and nice to see Giroud going back to Montpellier

Some people are really good at missing points.

Good draw, Should aim to finish top.

As long as the players remain focused and don't get complacent, will pretty much go through without a hitch. Have a very solid defence to work from, and just need the rest of the team to gel.

Schalke worries me and Olympiacos away is always going to be tough as well. French reports are saying Tiote has signed for Arsenal after being left out of Newcastles squad today for the Europa league, wasn't he still injured?

Schalke worries me and Olympiacos away is always going to be tough as well. French reports are saying Tiote has signed for Arsenal after being left out of Newcastles squad today for the Europa league, wasn't he still injured?

Nope don't believe it. And Wenger stated he wasn't after him. Wouldn't pay attention to that one tbh

Looks like Carrol is going to West Ham on loan with potential to buy. Dominoes going to fall? Will Liverpool go for Walcott, Sturridge or Dempsey?

Nope don't believe it. And Wenger stated he wasn't after him. Wouldn't pay attention to that one tbh

Wenger also said there wasn't a deal in place for Lukas Podolski and he also said RvP wasn't leaving or Fabregas or Nasri leaving last year.

Wenger also said there wasn't a deal in place for Lukas Podolski and he also said RvP wasn't leaving or Fabregas or Nasri leaving last year.

Maybe so, but on this occassion Ashley would want a nice pile of cash to allow such a deal, and I doubt they'd have time to get a suitable replacement anyway so that would pretty much negate the story. Have a feeling Wenger has left it a bit too late. Really really doubt such a deal would be sanctioned because of the time left in the window

Sounds like we have got rid of Park and Bendtner which is excellent. Park in particular as 1) he is **** and 2) opens up a spot for a non-homegrown player to come in.

Maybe so, but on this occassion Ashley would want a nice pile of cash to allow such a deal, and I doubt they'd have time to get a suitable replacement anyway so that would pretty much negate the story. Have a feeling Wenger has left it a bit too late. Really really doubt such a deal would be sanctioned because of the time left in the window

Yeah but anything is worth more than nothing.

Sounds like we have got rid of Park and Bendtner which is excellent. Park in particular as 1) he is **** and 2) opens up a spot for a non-homegrown player to come in.

What exactly did Park do wrong? He played a couple games, did decently enough, but was hardly ever started.

Well if Tiote to Arsenal did happen....someones been reading this thread then lol

What exactly did Park do wrong? He played a couple games, did decently enough, but was hardly ever started.
I assume he just wasn't good enough, if he looked good in training I see no reason why he wouldn't of got more gametime. Only game he looked good in was against Bolton.

Just glad we've got rid of him, don't think he was keen on being here anymore. All round one of Wengers strangest buys though.

You do realize three transfer windows ago (Jan 2011) he sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool and never brought in a replacement until the next transfer window? Albeit was 35m and he was stupid not to but still Mike Ashley would sell anyone if the right amount came in. I haven't heard anything of a transfer fee for Tiote but it is gathering a bit of pace.

Good thing Bendtner could be gone but I think Chamakh should be sold ahead of Park, he could still prove something to us.

You do realize three transfer windows ago (Jan 2011) he sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool and never brought in a replacement until the next transfer window? Albeit was 35m and he was stupid not to but still Mike Ashley would sell anyone if the right amount came in. I haven't heard anything of a transfer fee for Tiote but it is gathering a bit of pace.

Good thing Bendtner could be gone but I think Chamakh should be sold ahead of Park, he could still prove something to us.

Yeah I agree chamakh has had tons of chances to prove himself whereas Park has hardly got any.

And regarding Tiote, I don't think we are going to come up with an "acceptable" offer for Mike Ashley. Since it's us, I doubt we'd offer anything above £15m but I'd be ecstatic if we did sign him

We got Coventry in the C1 Cup 3rd round

Last edited:
I'd like to chime in on walcott debate from earlier...

I've only followed arsenal the last few years and have always been ho-hum about Walcott.

But last season against Chelsea when he was knocked to the ground, but got up and then toasted Cech sold me on him.

Back