The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You do realize three transfer windows ago (Jan 2011) he sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool and never brought in a replacement until the next transfer window? Albeit was 35m and he was stupid not to but still Mike Ashley would sell anyone if the right amount came in. I haven't heard anything of a transfer fee for Tiote but it is gathering a bit of pace.

Good thing Bendtner could be gone but I think Chamakh should be sold ahead of Park, he could still prove something to us.

A bit of a contradiction. Obviously Mike Ashley will grab a 35m offer for Carroll because thats an insanely inflated transfer fee for a young striker who ha yet to prove something. He will be mad not to accept that offer no matter how late in the transfer window it was and how he would probably not have enough time to get a replacement

Tiote is a different matter though. Newcastle have no incentive to sell one of their best players at a competitive price so late in the window unless you offer 'silly' money like Liverpool did for Carroll. Its not about the right amount, Ashley sold Carroll because it was not the right amount, it was much greater than that

we won't get tiote and don't really need him.

As I said earlier today, I think our moves are done (we may actually move out 1 or 2 deadwood players!)

Our team is solid, especially when our team heals up. We can at least hold our own till winter transfer period at which point we will know how our strikeforce and defense holds up.

Apparently we are looking at 3 Premier League players on deadline day, those rumored are Cabaye and Tiote from Newcastle and Michael Essien from Chelsea on loan.

Lier. I checked page 400 and it had "24 year old Dutch sensation Dennis Bergkamp rumoured to join Arsenal"

lol. well i seem to have lost that page, but im **** sure i remember some saying that in this thread. darn it ! :P

SSN reports we have been linked with Remy. Spurs bid for him got rejected. also Bendtner, Chamakh and Park could be off as well on loans to Juve, Malaga and Celta Virgo respectively

BIG Rumor: Arsenal are lining up a move for Marouane Fellaini! with a 20m bid, that`s nice.

Juve agree 8m deal for Bendtner, Park is going to Celta Vigo for 3m and apparently Chamakh has been spotted going north no idea where to. Haven't heard anything on the Fellaini rumor doubt it's nothing. BBC reported Arsenal are probably not going to make any big signings today. Essien on loan seems about it to me.

That Fellaini rumour better be that-a rumour. If we do a repeat of Arteta I'll be absolutely livid. As will DM

Juve agree 8m deal for Bendtner, Park is going to Celta Vigo for 3m and apparently Chamakh has been spotted going north no idea where to. Haven't heard anything on the Fellaini rumor doubt it's nothing. BBC reported Arsenal are probably not going to make any big signings today. Essien on loan seems about it to me.

I think if we wanted to send Essien on loan, he would have done so when Moyes approached us. Can't see us loaning him out to a direct rival as their is still a chance he will rediscover himself

You did it last season with Benayoun? Essien doesn't seem to have a place in the Chelsea to me. A move away would suit him well although I would rather us not go after him.

You did it last season with Benayoun? Essien doesn't seem to have a place in the Chelsea to me. A move away would suit him well although I would rather us not go after him.

Essein gets benefit of the doubt ahead of Benayoun... In his prime, he was truly one of the best midfielders on the planet so Chelsea perhaps are looking to take another chance with him. I just feel that if we were looking to send him out, we would have let him go to Everton instead of a direct rival

25957944.jpg

Wow. Arsenal sign a 17 year old GK, from the Macedonian 3rd division last night. No wonder that wasn't mentioned. Jesus christ.

A certain Dejan Illiev, u-19 international, tall bloke, out of contract and was close to moving to Chievo earlier during the transfer window.

I half joke "Nah we won't sign anyone we'll just sign another 17-year old kid", we actually keep doing that! Thumbs up for keeping to your roots, AV :D

The only thing more depressing than today's lack of activity is knowing Wenger's feelings on the January window ...

WE only have a couple half needs. Arent too many players that improve our club on the market at a reasonable price. Spending for spending sake is as wreckless in real life as it is in fm. Want us to sign Llorente for 25+ and have no idea if he will be any better than what we have?

There are no words to describe how angry and disappointed I am in the complete deprivation of deadline day activity at Arsenal, unlike many I didn't expect us to sign another striker, although to really strengthen then we should have. I'm bitterly saddened by the fact we allowed last seasons best midfielder to leave and sign no replacement, I think we will be in a battle to secure 4th this season, as Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd have all strengthened their sides, and we've barely replaced who we sold. Unless this team gells super fast, I could see Wenger's job in doubt this season. Arsenal fans deserve better than this transfer merry-go-round that happens every year at the Emirates.

Back