The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We have some quality players in our backline, and some good players up front waiting to gel, and arteta, but the rest of our squad is very average looking.

We've got Santi Cazorla and 100+ cap Podolski

Don't see how anyone can be "angry" because we didn't sign anyone on the last day of the window...

There are no words to describe how angry and disappointed I am in the complete deprivation of deadline day activity at Arsenal, unlike many I didn't expect us to sign another striker, although to really strengthen then we should have. I'm bitterly saddened by the fact we allowed last seasons best midfielder to leave and sign no replacement, I think we will be in a battle to secure 4th this season, as Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd have all strengthened their sides, and we've barely replaced who we sold. Unless this team gells super fast, I could see Wenger's job in doubt this season. Arsenal fans deserve better than this transfer merry-go-round that happens every year at the Emirates.

QIA.

I really can't believe we've done nothing today. Even City with the best team in the league have brought in 5 players and Wenger or whoever thinks our squad is good enough? Laughable

We have some quality players in our backline, and some good players up front waiting to gel, and arteta, but the rest of our squad is very average looking.

So our defense and attack are solid, as well as arteta

Where does Cazorla and Wilshere fit in? Midfield no?

At the end of the day lads you gotta think financially aswell. Yeah you've recieved a bit of money from players over the past couple of seasons but about half of that goes towards debt and paying for the stadium.

You's shouldn't be upset about not signing anyone today because you have brought in Santi Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud...you have better depth than you did last season in terms of positions, you have versitility in Podolski and Santi

We've got Santi Cazorla and 100+ cap Podolski

Don't see how anyone can be "angry" because we didn't sign anyone on the last day of the window...

Probably because you sold your two best players in RvP and Song. I'm stunned that Wenger didn't move for M'Vila or Capoue, either one would cost £15M or less.

You've still got some class players and quite a few quality youngsters, but I think this will be the season Arsenal finally fall out of the top 4.

QIA.

I really can't believe we've done nothing today. Even City with the best team in the league have brought in 5 players and Wenger or whoever thinks our squad is good enough? Laughable

City really didn't bring any players in all summer. They were under fan pressure to sign even though they really didn't need to. Now they've rushed and signed some above average players that really don't improve their squad. What's the point?

Probably because you sold your two best players in RvP and Song. I'm stunned that Wenger didn't move for M'Vila or Capoue, either one would cost £15M or less.

You've still got some class players and quite a few quality youngsters, but I think this will be the season Arsenal finally fall out of the top 4.

There is a difference between being upset about losing players and being upset that we didn't have any signings on the last day of the window.

City really didn't bring any players in all summer. They were under fan pressure to sign even though they really didn't need to. Now they've rushed and signed some above average players that really don't improve their squad. What's the point?

Still adds depth for positions in case of injuries/suspensions. For us what happens when Giroud gets injured? We're lacking a defensive mdfielder and right back is vulnerable when Sagna is out.

There is a difference between being upset about losing players and being upset that we didn't have any signings on the last day of the window.

I was expecting some new signings for Arsenal today, I'm sure plenty of their fans were too, so I'd say it's pretty understandable why they're upset.

The amount of times that has been said over the past couple of years and Arsenal finish in the top 4...I remember loads of people saying the same when Henry left.

Don't forget though there's still another window to come and the season will still be only half way through (roughly). And the world class striker that is Bendtner is gone too. So even by then there's still plenty of points to play for and a chance to make up any lost ground

Still adds depth for positions in case of injuries/suspensions. For us what happens when Giroud gets injured? We're lacking a defensive mdfielder and right back is vulnerable when Sagna is out.

Giroud->Podolski->Chambo->Walcott->Chamakh

DM-Arteta -> Coquelin -> Frimpong (last two have EPL experience in that role)

RB is a bit vulnerable yes and is the one position I desired Wenger to strengthen. But Coq can play that position if necessary as well as Verminator (or does he prefer LB?)

Don't forget though there's still another window to come and the season will still be only half way through (roughly). And the world class striker that is Bendtner is gone too. So even by then there's still plenty of points to play for and a chance to make up any lost ground

If we really need a striker, we can recall Afobe assuming he impresses at Bolton!

The amount of times that has been said over the past couple of years and Arsenal finish in the top 4...I remember loads of people saying the same when Henry left.

City were irrelevant back when Henry left, now they're pretty much guaranteed to finish in the top 4. I think Newcastle & Spurs could finish above Arsenal this season.

If we really need a striker, we can recall Afobe assuming he impresses at Bolton!

I do have to admit I was prepared for a Fellaini bid at some point as he would have fitted the bill perfectly for Arsenal.

I do have to admit I was prepared for a Fellaini bid at some point as he would have fitted the bill perfectly for Arsenal.

Would have been cool, but Everton fans would have went ham if we took another one of their players near the deadline. Would have cost us a lot of money to snag him.

Giroud->Podolski->Chambo->Walcott->Chamakh

DM-Arteta -> Coquelin -> Frimpong (last two have EPL experience in that role)

RB is a bit vulnerable yes and is the one position I desired Wenger to strengthen. But Coq can play that position if necessary as well as Verminator (or does he prefer LB?)

I can't see Podolski, AOC or Walcott working well as our Centre Forward. Chamakh..........there's no point commenting on him

DM - I'd rather have Arteta in a more advanced position with Cazorla because if we stick him in DM we have to rely on Wilshere when he comes back and we don't know how good hewill turn out after over a year out or an injury prone Diaby or an aging Rosicky. Coquelin and Frimpong are youngstars i've got high hopes for but are they really good enough to start for us now/

Would have been cool, but Everton fans would have went ham if we took another one of their players near the deadline. Would have cost us a lot of money to snag him.

Would have intentionally cracked my head off a wall if it happened. Thankfully the club decided no sales on last day of window. Relieved lessons have been learnt lol

I can't see Podolski, AOC or Walcott working well as our Centre Forward. Chamakh..........there's no point commenting on him

DM - I'd rather have Arteta in a more advanced position with Cazorla because if we stick him in DM we have to rely on Wilshere when he comes back and we don't know how good hewill turn out after over a year out or an injury prone Diaby or an aging Rosicky. Coquelin and Frimpong are youngstars i've got high hopes for but are they really good enough to start for us now/

Podolski can play striker very well. Walcott said he'd prefer playing as a striker too...

DM - We actually don't need one, we've been playing without DM for some years now.

Back