The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
There is a difference between being upset about losing players and being upset that we didn't have any signings on the last day of the window.

I didn't want us to make signings just for the sake of making signings. I feel like we could use another RB, maybe another LB, maybe a DM and maybe another player out wide.

Who knows if Rosicky will have another good year, if Wilshire will recover his form, if Diaby will be injury, or if Jenkinson, Coquelin and Frimpong (gotta wait for him to recover too) really have what it takes. I know we have some versatile players: AOC can play right, left or mid, Gervinho either side, Podolski as ST or on the left, Cazorla on the right or in the center. But what if injuries start piling up and the replacements aren't up to snuff?

I know there's still time to sell to Russia, but do we really want to rely on Arshavin?

I also think our failure to capture Niang and Sahin shows that our consistent participation in the Champions League isn't a big enough draw anymore.

I also think our failure to capture Niang and Sahin shows that our consistent participation in the Champions League isn't a big enough draw anymore.
We pulled out of the Sahin deal because all it would of ended up being was a single-year loan or having to fork out around £20 mill if we wanted to keep him had we loaned him. Either way the deal wasn't a good one so we backed out. As for Niang, he has gone to AC Milan, one of the most historic clubs in the world and again, we had pulled out of that deal so neither chose a club over us. We chose not to pursue them.

Caen was asking to much money from us, but for milan its was a like 3m. i dont think just cuz we missed out on niang is the end of the world. i mean, your on youth team has young strikers that can be one for the future, like chuba akpom !

gutted we missed out on niang, since we where the first ones going after him this summer, but the amount caen was asking for was ridiculous.

DM - We actually don't need one, we've been playing without DM for some years now.

Sadly this is why we haven't won anything in awhile...

I personally wasn't expecting much out of deadline day especially after Wenger said "if we can't get anyone in before the window closes we will strengthen in January", yeah right. Oh well onwards and upwards!

On the contrary, lol. I can't think of a better club than Arsenal to join as a young prospect. AW consistently brings out the best out of young talents. Year after year CL football. Doesn't hesistate to sell best players while others would rather keep them until they're old grumpy man who need ******.

Now , pulling estabilished players, is a whole different story. :/

On the contrary, lol. I can't think of a better club than Arsenal to join as a young prospect. AW consistently brings out the best out of young talents. Year after year CL football. Doesn't hesistate to sell best players while others would rather keep them until they're old grumpy man who need ******.

Keep building players and selling them and you will end up winning nothing like past 7 years.Madrid,Barca,chelsea,bayern,dortmund, united never sell thats why they win stuffs and u have to be satisfied with a positive bank balance in the end of every season ;)

Keep building players and selling them and you will end up winning nothing like past 7 years.Madrid,Barca,chelsea,bayern,dortmund, united never sell thats why they win stuffs and u have to be satisfied with a positive bank balance in the end of every season ;)

Dortmund is in exactly the same position as us. They lost for 2 seasons now their best players as they refused to sign new contracts. Only difference between us is that they compete against 1 Bayern as we compete with 3.

Dortmund is in exactly the same position as us. They lost for 2 seasons now their best players as they refused to sign new contracts. Only difference between us is that they compete against 1 Bayern as we compete with 3.

They are hardly in the same position as you for the simple fact they are the champions in their league plus kagawa always wanted to go to us thats why he did not sign a contract.

They are hardly in the same position as you for the simple fact they are the champions in their league plus kagawa always wanted to go to us thats why he did not sign a contract.

Well explain to me than how do you think Dortmund are stronger than us? Did they beat us last season in CL and progress as top of the group? No we did.

Do they play in the most competive and financially strong league in the world? No we do.

Put Dortmund in our shoes and winning trophy would become bit harder for them.

For Dortmund lot depends can they hold onto their young german stars or will they look to leave as Sahin and Kagawa did.

Arsenal have shocked the world and beaten the deadline to sign Korean international Foo Kin No Won.

Arsenal have shocked the world and beaten the deadline to sign Korean international Foo Kin No Won.

Wowww ... another world class player for us, now we can compete with the Manchester`s and Chelsea for the title. :(((

Well explain to me than how do you think Dortmund are stronger than us? Did they beat us last season in CL and progress as top of the group? No we did.

Do they play in the most competive and financially strong league in the world? No we do.

For Dortmund lot depends can they hold onto their young german stars or will they look to leave as Sahin and Kagawa did.

Your last season saviour named Mr persie is no longer around to save you this time and thats why arsenal will end up outside of top 4 and struggle in Cl .Mark my words and save this post so we can discuss it in the end of the season.

The Bundeshliga is a very difficult league (with arguably the best football played in Europe), with plenty of good sides and lots of good players even with the smallest clubs (Relegated FC Koln had Podolski last season!).

Beating Bayern Munich to the title two seasons in a row is a remarkable achievement, and incredibly hard to do.

I like Dortmund's transfer policy of selling a big name player, and getting several little known stars of the future with the money from the transfer.

You really think selling the players we've invested so much time into developing right as they are hitting their peak years is the best thing to do? That makes buying young completely pointless. If Arsenal is such a great place to develop, why did Niang go to Milan?

The Bundeshliga is a very difficult league (with arguably the best football played in Europe), with plenty of good sides and lots of good players even with the smallest clubs (Relegated FC Koln had Podolski last season!).

Beating Bayern Munich to the title two seasons in a row is a remarkable achievement, and incredibly hard to do.

I like Dortmund's transfer policy of selling a big name player, and getting several little known stars of the future with the money from the transfer.

Dortmund are an excellent club, I am full of admiration for them as well.

Your last season saviour named Mr persie is no longer around to save you this time and thats why arsenal will end up outside of top 4 and struggle in Cl .Mark my words and save this post so we can discuss it in the end of the season.

No. This season, we'll just have another saviour(s). We sold Fabregas and Na$ri, Song and Van Judas became key pleyers. Now whe sold them, there will be others who will take their place. (I'm betting on Cazorla)
It's always been like this.

Back