The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The Bundeshliga is a very difficult league (with arguably the best football played in Europe), with plenty of good sides and lots of good players even with the smallest clubs (Relegated FC Koln had Podolski last season!).

Beating Bayern Munich to the title two seasons in a row is a remarkable achievement, and incredibly hard to do.

I like Dortmund's transfer policy of selling a big name player, and getting several little known stars of the future with the money from the transfer.

Dont get me wrong. What Dortmund have done in 10 years or so is great and they should be viewed as a model for clubs on how to operate.

And I'm not saying beating Bayern twice and also in cups isn't hard. It would just be much harder if there were more clubs with Bayern's financial might in Bundesliga for Dortmund.

Your last season saviour named Mr persie is no longer around to save you this time and thats why arsenal will end up outside of top 4 and struggle in Cl .Mark my words and save this post so we can discuss it in the end of the season.

Yeah he carried our team through all competetions scoring all the goals and just assisting himself.

Actually not even half of our goals. 30/72 in Prem. FA 2/4. League cup 0 /5 and CL 5/13. There's stats for you.

Well thats a very large portition still and the goals he scored in big matches wont be replaced by Giroud atleast.

thekill said:
Your last season saviour named Mr persie is no longer around to save you this time and thats why arsenal will end up outside of top 4 and struggle in Cl .Mark my words and save this post so we can discuss it in the end of the season.

I don't know what your point is? You're writing in the Arsenal thread, of course most readers will understand the importance of RVP. What is it you're trying to achieve? To state it's going to be a difficult season without Van Persie? That's rather stating the obvious don't you think.

I understand the momentary joy you get as a fan when your rivals are having a rough time, but true fans want powerful rivals so when they beat them it is so much the richer experience. Madrid vs. Barcelona, Utd vs. City, (in our case) Arsenal vs. Spurs - all of them become more important when the teams are closer in both ability and cohesiveness, when you get to see your team triumph not just because they're naturally better players who'd stomp the opposition playing well below their ability, but because together as a team they are better.

Writing pointless posts doom-saying is the internet equivalent of dancing around in the playground saying "You've lost Van Persie this year, one man team, enjoy Europa league at best next season, na-na-na-na-naah." - Instead, how about you write something thought provoking about how the team needs to change its' point of attack, how it needs to really rely on the youth to perform to have a chance of silverwhere (at this point I'd take a Capital One cup won by the youth team), how Podolski unbalances the team and how Giroud looks like he ought to go back to the French league to the service he's been used to being completely different to Arsenal..

In short, make it interesting.

Well thats a very large portition still and the goals he scored in big matches wont be replaced by Giroud atleast.

While you are at your crystal ball could you give me today's lottery numbers?

Who knows who will score those goals. I know for sure RVP didn't score all the crucial goals last season. Lot of other people did score those too.

It took 7 years to get RVP on fire. I think we will give time for Giroud aswell.

You really think selling the players we've invested so much time into developing right as they are hitting their peak years is the best thing to do? That makes buying young completely pointless. If Arsenal is such a great place to develop, why did Niang go to Milan?

Where did i say its a good thing for the club?

I said Arsenal's policy makes it a good club for young prospects to join: they get to improve their skills and make name for themselves than leave to pursue titles and/or money. I never said its a good policy for club itself. It's quite obvious that its not.

And why Niang went to Milan - my crystal ball says that he might be a moron and took slightly bigger wage over the opportunity to work with propably the best talent-polishing manager in the world. But my crystal ball is an ***.

Starting: Mannone, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla, Ox, Podolski and Giroud
Bench: Martinez, Koscielny, Santos, Coquelin, Ramsey, Gervinho and Walcott.

Our crossing so far has been so ****. Should work on that with Giroud up there.

God **** this Giroud can`t score **** ......... he can`t hit the target.

Back