The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Poor AVB... Not his fault but I can see the lynching he will receive from the press partly because he does not know how to win them over

I feel for AVB... Spurs had the grip on the game and then Adebayor done something totally stupid.

Not really, Adebayor's foolishness gifted you the game. Don't get me wrong any 3 pts is vital for any team at the moment but before that sending off I could only see Spurs winning this one.

Yes they were better before, but with 10 men they played like they had 8 on field. Eventhough Adebayor ****** up he isn't on fault for all the goals they let through. Much like large portion of their fans they gave up as soon as we drew.

Only just saw that Cazorla along with Mata and Michu have apparently saved their old club Real Oviedo from going bankrupt.

Kinda, AVB's changes were good for spectators instead of just going purely defensive. At least he made it more entertaining to watch.

Only just saw that Cazorla along with Mata and Michu have apparently saved their old club Real Oviedo from going bankrupt.

Not technically true as apparently the richest man in the world purchased 2m euros worth of shares to save the club.

On topic I feel this was a great win for us. Yes the sending off helped tremendously but if you think about it, after the goal we got our grip on the game and had started getting some decent chances together right before the sending off. Great to see Giroud and Podolski scoring and Theo as well when he moved to the striker role to finish the game.

Not technically true as apparently the richest man in the world purchased 2m euros worth of shares to save the club.

Actually Cazorla and Mata bought shares for 700k each and Michu is though to have bought also 600k if reports are right. Oviedo didn't just stop this Crowdfunding when they reached their goal of 2m which was needed to pay the debt.

That means basically that Slim owns 30%, Mata and Santi 10,5% each and Michu 9%. Smaller investors have combined 40% of the club.

We may not have replaced Van Persie, but we've now got multiple players who can score at any moment. Pods, Giroud, Walcott, Gervinho, Cazorla (throw in Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade if you wish)

We may not have replaced Van Persie, but we've now got multiple players who can score at any moment. Pods, Giroud, Walcott, Gervinho, Cazorla (throw in Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade if you wish)

Yeah it's good to have goals coming all over, but main problem is defence. Against Spurs both goals were too easy.

It's good when you can score against 10 men. But against 11 you were hopeless. Tottenham were running the show and even with 10 men they had a few chances to make the scoreline a bit more respectable. If Adebayor had stayed on it would have been all Tottenham

But the fact of the matter is, Adebayor didn't stay on and Tottenham fell apart.

We are notorious slow-starters, especially at home. So it's no real surprise Tottenham were on top at the start, but to imply that it would of stayed that way for the 70-odd minutes after Adebayor was sent off is rather foolish.

It's good when you can score against 10 men. But against 11 you were hopeless. Tottenham were running the show and even with 10 men they had a few chances to make the scoreline a bit more respectable. If Adebayor had stayed on it would have been all Tottenham

How can you say how a whole game would have gone based on 18 minutes?

Giroud with two assists and another for Pods. Perhaps the big guy up front we needed to play off :)? Lets hope he keeps that form as it could have been a difficult game.

Also 13th consecutive season we've progressed to the group stages.

edit: obviously I meant 'past' the group stages.

Last edited:
Giroud with two assists and another for Pods. Perhaps the big guy up front we needed to play off :)? Lets hope he keeps that form as it could have been a difficult game.

Also 13th consecutive season we've progressed to the group stages.

Especially that second assist to Poldi goal was great. Big guy has already 7 assists along with 7 goals so far this season. Not far from 15 goals and 10 assists I expected at least from him this season. Poldi also at 7 goals and 3 assists. What I heard from commentators yesterday they have now scored as much combined as RVP scored last season at this point.

It may not have stayed the same but I saw nothing from Arsneal to suggest otherwise. From the first 18mins Tottenham were running the show and I saw no desire from the Arsenal lads except Wilshere (who is off to City within 3 years). Fair play tho, you got the win and boy did you need it especially seeing as confidence is low. Still disapionted to see empty seats. Is it because of stupidly high prices? Poor form? People still ****** of about recent AGM?

It may not have stayed the same but I saw nothing from Arsneal to suggest otherwise. From the first 18mins Tottenham were running the show and I saw no desire from the Arsenal lads except Wilshere (who is off to City within 3 years). Fair play tho, you got the win and boy did you need it especially seeing as confidence is low. Still disapionted to see empty seats. Is it because of stupidly high prices? Poor form? People still ****** of about recent AGM?

I like your style.

Back