The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It may not have stayed the same but I saw nothing from Arsneal to suggest otherwise. From the first 18mins Tottenham were running the show and I saw no desire from the Arsenal lads except Wilshere (who is off to City within 3 years). Fair play tho, you got the win and boy did you need it especially seeing as confidence is low. Still disapionted to see empty seats. Is it because of stupidly high prices? Poor form? People still ****** of about recent AGM?

Losing Adebayor is no excuse to collapse defensively. They should have been tighter at back and drop deeper, AVB decided to keep things same and that's why we made it 3-1 before 2nd half. Also as have been said earlier we are slow starters.

Empty seats? Which game you mean?

Losing Adebayor is no excuse to collapse defensively. They should have been tighter at back and drop deeper, AVB decided to keep things same and that's why we made it 3-1 before 2nd half. Also as have been said earlier we are slow starters.

Empty seats? Which game you mean?
The Tottenham game wasent that bad but I would still have expected a sell out. Games before that as well I have seen empty seats. Same as at the begining of last season.

The Tottenham game wasent that bad but I would still have expected a sell out. Games before that as well I have seen empty seats. Same as at the begining of last season.

Lot of Spurs fans left by end of first half. Many Black Scarves are protesting to the board about investments and don't attend games. They also don't sell their tickets to the matches so seats stay empty, but coffers filled. I think Hill-Wood doesn't mind.

Also prices are high and reselling tickets to the matches you cant attend is harder.

Apparently we are set to announce we are moving to Adidas. 30 mill/year with add-ons on top of that. Finally catching up with the rest of the big guns in terms of sponsorship.

Apparently we are set to announce we are moving to Adidas. 30 mill/year with add-ons on top of that. Finally catching up with the rest of the big guns in terms of sponsorship.

There has been talk for some time. Where did you hear this? I have also heard that Nike have clause that they can match any offer we have on table and get renewal. We are their 3rd highest seller after United and Barcelona and would make sense for Nike to renew.

Edit: Found out myself http://news.arseblog.com/2012/11/exclusive-arsenal-to-make-significant-commercial-announcement/

Last edited:
Last days we've been heavily linked with Huntelaar. Also scouts have been to Toulouse games. Main player thought to be in question is Aymen Abdennour. Would take him over Santos anyday and signing him would allow us to offload both Santos and Djourou as he can cover as CB also.

Also wouldn't mind raiding Toulouse for Capoue or Sissoko. Capoue being first choice.

I bet the shareholders will love all the extra money they will earn

**** those shareholders and the millions they invested! stupid pig capitalism...

Last days we've been heavily linked with Huntelaar. Also scouts have been to Toulouse games. Main player thought to be in question is Aymen Abdennour. Would take him over Santos anyday and signing him would allow us to offload both Santos and Djourou as he can cover as CB also.

Also wouldn't mind raiding Toulouse for Capoue or Sissoko. Capoue being first choice.

Give Andre Santos one more season? :)

Antonio Valencia will swap shirts with him at half time :D

Emirates. Adidas. Same thing, I was close enough :P

I think we are sticking with Nike, but as Gazidis said in interview about Emirates deal negotiations for new kit deal are ongoing. What I've heard there are 3 parties interested: Adidas, Nike and yet unknown 3rd party. I just hope we can manage deal like this Emirates deal which will show funds already for next summer.

I think we are sticking with Nike, but as Gazidis said in interview about Emirates deal negotiations for new kit deal are ongoing. What I've heard there are 3 parties interested: Adidas, Nike and yet unknown 3rd party. I just hope we can manage deal like this Emirates deal which will show funds already for next summer.
I'm not so sure we are, I know Gazidis implied that we would likely be staying with Nike but I have heard many say we are off to Adidas. We've recently hired some guy who used to have something to do with Adidas which seems a touch convenient.

Even if we do stay with Nike, they'll have to match what Adidas (or the 3rd party) are offering so it's a win-win for us. I don't really care what the kit looks like, so long as we are getting a good deal from it.

Back