The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Trust him, he basically taught him how to play in the parks of Norwood.

Sure, I've only played football with him, watched him grow as a player, kept goal against him up on Hilly Fields, but what do I know?

Is the hype around Zaha worth it? As you taught him master Yoda I would like your view?

At the end of the day, I'm massively biased. I'm a Palace fan. I think every youngster who I know who's come through the ranks is the best thing since sliced bread. ****, when Reise Allassani properly breaks through I'll be telling you he's amazing as well.

But I believe Zaha is better at this age than Victor Moses was, and Moses is good enough to play for most teams in the Prem. Perhaps Vic left too early - though it was rather forced upon us, and he is a good lad for making sure we got enough money when we actually needed it - and Wilf hasn't, and is reaping the benefits. I stand by my assertion that Nats Clyne was still the best of the bunch that have made it so far, since he had great determination and work ethic as well as a good attitude, but Wilf will go far.

I'll hedge my bets by saying that if Wilf stays for another year, properly develops, and gets on with it rather than resting on his laurels, he'll go **** far.

Really?! It's strange, I've never heard him mention it...

Please note that I didn't bring it up this time!

All else aside: even people who aren't Palace fans and had a passing knowledge of Zaha would know that he isn't a classic winger. He's a brilliant, tricky dribbler, yes, but a classic winger no.

Just pathetic really. Last goal didnt even matter, I dont blame Jenkinson. Something HAS to change

Just pathetic really. Last goal didnt even matter, I dont blame Jenkinson. Something HAS to change

10th place with 12 point difference to top. Really pathetic stuff from Wenger and players.

Time for a manager change I think at Arsenal, need some new energy in the club. To be this far behind and not even at half-way stage yet is unacceptable for such a club.

Time for a manager change I think at Arsenal, need some new energy in the club. To be this far behind and not even at half-way stage yet is unacceptable for such a club.

Maybe at end of season, but now I dont think so. We can't really get anyone better in.

I have often defended wenger in te past but I think it's got to the stage where he's past it:(

Its time for policy/Board change more than manager change.Arsenal need to invest in better players and keep their players.Walcott next to leave for sure if this continues.

And what's that going to accomplish? Cant sell best players year after year after year and not have it bite you in the *** at some point. I think Wenger is doing remarkably well considering board's transfer policies.

And what's that going to accomplish? Cant sell best players year after year after year and not have it bite you in the *** at some point. I think Wenger is doing remarkably well considering board's transfer policies.

Remarkably well, who you kidding mate?

What does it take to sack a manager... near the relegation zone? You are nearer to that then you are to winning the title this season.

Remarkably well, who you kidding mate?

What does it take to sack a manager... near the relegation zone? You are nearer to that then you are to winning the title this season.
Ask chelsea/Abramovich :P

I dont think Wenger should be sacked, at least yet. The board needs to give him some freaking money for once ratehr then selling his best players and buying cheaper replacements. Look we are probably going to lose Walcott too now, and get maybe what? Zaha? Sure people say hes even better but hes playing in championship for gods sake while Theo has experience in EPL and England and in the moment he will be better one way or another. Im just effiing boggled.

being an arsenal fan is like being on E. Incredible high (invincibles) followed by a god awful comedown (everything since)

I don't think you realise, Wenger is basically unsackable. He either gets pushed by the fans, by forcing the board's hand, or he walks himself.

And yes, you can't keep selling top players and buying 'decent' replacements. I wouldn't worry too much though, we always play like **** then claw it back. The problem is more than the squad is threadbare with barely one decent player for each position so we have no rotation, no competition and ultimately it leads to mediocre performances.

Ok well I haven't seen todays match but here are my two cents on the whole "state of Arsenal" as I will call it.

First off, the board doesn't have the balls to sack Wenger. There is no way in **** they will do it. All of these supporters that say it is time for a change will quickly change their tune imo if we do sack Wenger. I personally don't see a good enough replacement to Wenger really. Pep will not come to Arsenal and I frankly don't think I want him anyways at Arsenal, I mean yes he had great success at Barcelona but look at their squad compared to ours. Yes Arsene Wenger is having a rough season and most will say he is past his prime but I really don't think we should get rid of him this season atleast. I say wait until the end of the season to see where we end up and then discuss it.

As for our board, I have tons to say about them. First off if this rumor that we want to start installing clauses that if we don't get top 4 then those players that have that clause in their contracts wages go down is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard. Seriously top 4 is not a trophy and shouldn't be celebrated at the end of the season. Yes it is great to have Champions League but this is ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB. 4th place is not something we need to celebrate. We should be winning trophies not just settling for 4th best. It obviously means we are dependent on the Champions League revenue which is good but seriously if we are relying on that there is something wrong.

Also this whole new sponsorship with Nike will give us the freedom to compete financially with Manchester City and Chelsea is stupid as well. Yes we will have more money but we need to USE that money and not just have it stashed in the bank til deadline day like last season when we went on a splash and bought two good players and Andre Santos. I label Mertesacker and Arteta good and not quality even though they have been great for us but when you think about what we could have gotten they really weren't first choice.

Rumors are swirling that Wenger will have 40m to spend in January, he NEEDS to spend it. We have been linked heavily to 3 players in the past couple of days, Zaha, Huntelaar and Henry back on loan. Imo I would love to see us get Huntelaar as he will be on the cheap. I really don't think we need Zaha even if we lose Walcott seeing as we still have Arshavin, Ox, Podolski, Gervinho and Cazorla even who can play on the wings. I really don't even want us to sign Henry on loan again because yes he could win us a few games and yes he can be a great leader in the dressing room but would you guys rather have a guy here for two months when we could spend the money to get someone on the permanent deal? I said this after he joined us last season (which I was thrilled he came back and bought his home jersey the day he re-signed) but I'd rather see him come back as a coach and not a player. If our board wanted to say we have the financial power to compete with City and Chelsea, we need to make a HUGE splash in the transfer market. Why not try to go after a Falcao or a Cavani? Yes it is probably a huge ask but seriously if we have the spending power why not show the other clubs we do infact mean business?

Some of you will probably disagree with me on this stuff but I thought I would share my two cents with you all since this is the Arsenal thread and I love this club but please, go easy on me. :p

Ok well I haven't seen todays match but here are my two cents on the whole "state of Arsenal" as I will call it.

First off, the board doesn't have the balls to sack Wenger. There is no way in **** they will do it. All of these supporters that say it is time for a change will quickly change their tune imo if we do sack Wenger. I personally don't see a good enough replacement to Wenger really. Pep will not come to Arsenal and I frankly don't think I want him anyways at Arsenal, I mean yes he had great success at Barcelona but look at their squad compared to ours. Yes Arsene Wenger is having a rough season and most will say he is past his prime but I really don't think we should get rid of him this season atleast. I say wait until the end of the season to see where we end up and then discuss it.

As for our board, I have tons to say about them. First off if this rumor that we want to start installing clauses that if we don't get top 4 then those players that have that clause in their contracts wages go down is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard. Seriously top 4 is not a trophy and shouldn't be celebrated at the end of the season. Yes it is great to have Champions League but this is ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB. 4th place is not something we need to celebrate. We should be winning trophies not just settling for 4th best. It obviously means we are dependent on the Champions League revenue which is good but seriously if we are relying on that there is something wrong.

Also this whole new sponsorship with Nike will give us the freedom to compete financially with Manchester City and Chelsea is stupid as well. Yes we will have more money but we need to USE that money and not just have it stashed in the bank til deadline day like last season when we went on a splash and bought two good players and Andre Santos. I label Mertesacker and Arteta good and not quality even though they have been great for us but when you think about what we could have gotten they really weren't first choice.

Rumors are swirling that Wenger will have 40m to spend in January, he NEEDS to spend it. We have been linked heavily to 3 players in the past couple of days, Zaha, Huntelaar and Henry back on loan. Imo I would love to see us get Huntelaar as he will be on the cheap. I really don't think we need Zaha even if we lose Walcott seeing as we still have Arshavin, Ox, Podolski, Gervinho and Cazorla even who can play on the wings. I really don't even want us to sign Henry on loan again because yes he could win us a few games and yes he can be a great leader in the dressing room but would you guys rather have a guy here for two months when we could spend the money to get someone on the permanent deal? I said this after he joined us last season (which I was thrilled he came back and bought his home jersey the day he re-signed) but I'd rather see him come back as a coach and not a player. If our board wanted to say we have the financial power to compete with City and Chelsea, we need to make a HUGE splash in the transfer market. Why not try to go after a Falcao or a Cavani? Yes it is probably a huge ask but seriously if we have the spending power why not show the other clubs we do infact mean business?

Some of you will probably disagree with me on this stuff but I thought I would share my two cents with you all since this is the Arsenal thread and I love this club but please, go easy on me. :p

Better start putting clauses on minimum release than salary drop.Why demote your best players more when the rest of the squad is ****.The only thing arsenal as a club needs to do is what they did in their peak years.Buy quality players than cheap replacements and keep your best players and let the young players with potential to be great learn from the best.I said in a post on this thread in september arsenal will struggle this season and i am being proven right. A top club will always need a world class striker who scores goals when needed the most.Arsenal and chelsea are struggling for this very reason right now.Wenger needs to come out in media and say he will quit the club at the end of season if he is not given the targets he wants in jan.He needs to put pressure on board to change their way of thinking.If wenger loves this club like he says he does well its time for him to show it to the fans.Wenger puts an ultimatum like this well all **** will break loose if he does not get the funds he needs even if its 50 mil.On the other hand if you again buy **** replacements in jan i am 100% sure Wenger is the problem.

Back