The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsene Wenger does seem a tight manager who doesn't want to spend unless he absolutely has to though, the board are to blame in some ways... but does Wenger actually want to spend the cash or is this just the way he is.

Everytime I hear him speak in an interview you only hear him say along the lines of we don't need to spend the problem is inside, blah blah.

Squillaci in the starting 11 against Olympiacos. I understand our players need a rest and everything but seriously if we are just content with qualifying for the next round then there is something wrong. A team like Arsenal should be aiming to win the Champions League and our group. Atleast we are giving Chamakh a chance once again this season.

Wait... Squillaci playing..? So our worst defender makes his FIRST cap of the season in a must-win game?

Well, it certainly isn't a reassuring start. I still don't know why we don't play Sagna on the left wing, bench Santos and play Jenkinson in the right wing back position, but at least Giroud up front should cause them problems since he can head it and we'll need that up front. Am more concerned with the back-to-usual shocking defence right now.

Squillaci in the starting 11 against Olympiacos. I understand our players need a rest and everything but seriously if we are just content with qualifying for the next round then there is something wrong. A team like Arsenal should be aiming to win the Champions League and our group. Atleast we are giving Chamakh a chance once again this season.

That's pretty strong team. Only one's who are bit of question are Squillaci and Meade. Still Meade looked solid when he played against Reading in CoC and I hope he does well.

Where is Djourou? I'd rather see him have a game instead of Squillaci. If I remember right he hasn't played in CL yet this season and this might suggest that he will be off in january to a club in CL. Juventus have been interested and need player to replace Lucio.

EDIT: WTF is Chamakh playing on as left winger.

Last edited:
Lol dumb game, oh well we are through. Yay for nothing, probably going to get somebody like Barca anyway

tbh there are as bad teams in 2nd places as there are in 1st. I only hope we draw Malaga or Shakhtar.

Wouldn't mind seeing Valencia take top in their group either and hopefully we draw them. Dortmund looked amazing against City yesterday and they had a weakened squad out. They are scary good.

Yep heard that as well, probably one of the worst kept secrets of the winter transfer window really. We all knew it was going to happen.

Arsenal are going backwards in signing Henry. He wont solve Arsenal's problems and is no better than Giroud or Walcott. But at least the shareholders will make a bit more cash in shirt sales to make up for the loss of 8000 ticket sales

I actually agree, really re-signing Henry isn't going to help much as I have stated before. I love all he has done for us in the past but really last season should have been a once and done for him.

Henry might not be as good as Giroud or Walcott, but beats the **** out of Chamakh.

One of Arsenal's strengths was their movement off the ball, one of the things Swansea are doing brilliantly at the moment.

Arsenal's movement off the ball has seemed to be lacking (hardly any movement) in a lot of matches this season. Add to that a not very sturdy defence and the problems will show.

I'm only happy with Henry coming back if another striker comes in also. If Henry is the only one though, it's not good enough.

I'm only happy with Henry coming back if another striker comes in also. If Henry is the only one though, it's not good enough.

We are quite heavily linked with several forwards so I think we won't only settle on Henry. Also there are 2 more important parts of team that need to be reinforced before new striker imo. Defensive midfielder and Walcott replacement.

I believe we will probably sign Zaha to replace Walcott unfortunately. As for DM we really haven't been linked to too many from what I have read. Anyone have any that we have been linked to?

I believe we will probably sign Zaha to replace Walcott unfortunately. As for DM we really haven't been linked to too many from what I have read. Anyone have any that we have been linked to?

I really doubt we will go for Zaha especially if Palace want that 20m for him. Would be just crazy.

As for DM? Capoue and Wanyama last time I checked.

I believe if we do go after him it will be probably closer to what we paid for AOC. The last time I heard about us going after Capoue or Wanyama was back in September.

Back