The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
2nd penalty I agreed with. First was a scam and hopefully he gets called out on it.

Go check the build up play you would know tht baggies deserved a free kick ohh well thats part of this game.You get some decisions others go against you.

Not pleased about the first penalty, but at the same time if you try and 'tackle' by sweeping your foot like that you're always inviting a player to go down. As has been said on the forums by other posters, in Italy and Spain the game is often a bout "conning the ref" to win a penalty and players consider that part of the game, rather than cheating.

I'm happy to condemn the player for making the most of it, but the guy certainly swung his foot stupidly in the box when he had no need to.

iTWMmitHMVfuC.gif

Players can consider it whatever they want, it is cheating though.
And about the sweeping his foot he was clearly following the path of the ball and was going to put it out of play until Cazorla pulled it back. On that point Cazorla looks like he looses control of the ball once he pulls it back then suddenly decides to drop to the floor, so he lifts his standing leg.

Not pleased about the first penalty, but at the same time if you try and 'tackle' by sweeping your foot like that you're always inviting a player to go down. As has been said on the forums by other posters, in Italy and Spain the game is often a bout "conning the ref" to win a penalty and players consider that part of the game, rather than cheating.

I'm happy to condemn the player for making the most of it, but the guy certainly swung his foot stupidly in the box when he had no need to.
Thats a simple dive why defending the diver with stupid tackle thing ?

Please read the whole post. I realise people struggle without it spelt out in simple black and white, right and wrong; I'm simply explaining how I saw the incident whilst trying to be even handed. He wouldn't have been able to go down with his dive if the player didn't make a 'swing' kick at the ball which was speculative at best. Watch Gary Neville's little treatise on diving on youtube and you'll see where I'm coming from. And yeah TJD pretty much hits it on the head with the losing control thing in his post above.

Last edited:
Guys to be honest, Arsenal was dominating from first minute to the last anyway, if there was no penalty it was still pretty much a won game.

Guys to be honest, Arsenal was dominating from first minute to the last anyway, if there was no penalty it was still pretty much a won game.

Yeah, because at the end of the game it's possession and shots, not actual goals, that get you the three points.

I don't know what is more worrying, Santi Cazorla now being a diver or the fact that we failed to score from open play again.

I assume this dive will be the headlines of this morning. Who am I trying to kid? Bale's dive didnt even make it to match of the day. No doubt if this was Suarez everyone would be after his head.

I assume this dive will be the headlines of this morning. Who am I trying to kid? Bale's dive didnt even make it to match of the day. No doubt if this was Suarez everyone would be after his head.

Are you talking about Bale's dive last week? Yes it did and they talked for a few mins about it

Reports of Klass Jan Huntelar to Arsenal for 5 million.

Steal if true, even if we could get him for zero in the summer.

Are you talking about Bale's dive last week? Yes it did and they talked for a few mins about it

Nope the one a week before that wasn't mentioned. He even got booked for it. Linekar said it was 'mistakenly' left out of match of the day.

Reports of Klass Jan Huntelar to Arsenal for 5 million.

Steal if true, even if we could get him for zero in the summer.

Not our only Bundesliga link at the moment. Lot of talk that we are interested in Gustavo from Bayern.

Also lot of interest in both Diame and Ba.

Diame was injured for West Ham today, taken off on a stretcher. All the Ba rumors are in my opinion just down to his release clause. He's been linked to pretty much every big club for the past year if any of the interest was true I am sure he would have left Newcastle in January of last year or even last summer.

Diame was injured for West Ham today, taken off on a stretcher. All the Ba rumors are in my opinion just down to his release clause. He's been linked to pretty much every big club for the past year if any of the interest was true I am sure he would have left Newcastle in January of last year or even last summer.

Oh yeah noticed now about Diame. 12 weeks out.

For that 7m Ba is still worth a try imo. His knees are a doubt, but his record in Prem is really good and he still has years left in him.

Is he really out 12 weeks ? Wow I didn't see that but it did look serious. Also I am not saying that Ba isn't worth a try it's just got me a bit skeptical seeing as his release clause is only 7m for a more than proven PL striker why aren't more clubs taking a shot at him?

Is he really out 12 weeks ? Wow I didn't see that but it did look serious. Also I am not saying that Ba isn't worth a try it's just got me a bit skeptical seeing as his release clause is only 7m for a more than proven PL striker why aren't more clubs taking a shot at him?

Rumour has it his knees are made of glass but he's spent two seasons in the PL now and that doesn't seem to be a problem, hence why Newcastle are trying to negotiate a deal to raise or remove his release clause.

Rumour has it his knees are made of glass but he's spent two seasons in the PL now and that doesn't seem to be a problem, hence why Newcastle are trying to negotiate a deal to raise or remove his release clause.

3 if you count the season with West Ham, also he supposedly loves Newcastle yet keeps rejecting their new contract offers. Hmm...

3 if you count the season with West Ham, also he supposedly loves Newcastle yet keeps rejecting their new contract offers. Hmm...

If the rumours are right 2,5m of the 7,5m clause goes straight to Ba so there's lot of money in that clause for Ba. Also Newcastle aren't doing that well at the moment so he might be more willing to move now compared to summer when Newcastle finished in good position.

Reports are saying we are negotiating a deal with NYRB to keep Henry until the end of the season. I don't think this is a good idea because I believe if this does happen Wenger will come out and say we don't need to buy another striker as we will have Henry for the entire rest of the season. Either this or we will be waiting until Llorente's contract at Bilbao is up and try and sign him on a free much like we did with Chamakh.

Back