The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Basically gifted a win against WBA and failing here, Arsenal hardly look like great contenders for 4th atm.
Liverpool are on a better run of form than them currently, had an horrendous start to the season but they're improving and could do even better depending on what they do in Jan. Everton will always be there or there about. Spurs are hard to judge, a lot of good players but don't seem to be consistent at all currently.

Arsenal have looked poor recently, but they have the quality to turn it around. They just need to offload the passengers such as Diaby, Santos and Gervinho and replace them with quality. Unfortunately, it seems you will be stuck with the dead wood.

Basically gifted a win against WBA and failing here, Arsenal hardly look like great contenders for 4th atm.
Liverpool are on a better run of form than them currently, had an horrendous start to the season but they're improving and could do even better depending on what they do in Jan. Everton will always be there or there about. Spurs are hard to judge, a lot of good players but don't seem to be consistent at all currently.

1 loss doesn't make Spurs inconsistent. Infact before that Everton game they had 3 straight wins in the Premier League and considering it is the hardest league in the world that is consistent.

1 loss doesn't make Spurs inconsistent. Infact before that Everton game they had 3 straight wins in the Premier League and considering it is the hardest league in the world that is consistent.

3 wins a row makes you consistent then? So if a team went and lost a game and won the very next then lost again for about 20 games and then finally notched up 3 straight wins in the PL they become consistent?

3 wins a row makes you consistent then? So if a team went and lost a game and won the very next then lost again for about 20 games and then finally notched up 3 straight wins in the PL they become consistent?

You made that very confusing, my basic point was 1 loss doesn't make a team inconsistent and yes 3 straight wins in the Premier League is consistent.

You made that very confusing, my basic point was 1 loss doesn't make a team inconsistent and yes 3 straight wins in the Premier League is consistent.

Yeah 1 loss doesn't make a team incosistent but neither does 3 wins automatically make a team consistent. That's my point.

They've also lost 4 of their last 6 away games and 2 of their last 6 home games.

Yeah 1 loss doesn't make a team incosistent but neither does 3 wins automatically make a team consistent. That's my point.
TBF, you can be consistent in the league by winning 3 games in a row, but these games could be distinctivly average yet still win. 3games in a row is 9 points and even of your at the bottom of the league or the top, 9 points is a good amount of points seeing as 9 points are a 1/10 of Utd and City's points last season and more than a 1/3 of Wolves bottom place total of points. Overall, 3 games = consistent

Yes we need to get rid of, Santos, Chamakh, Gervinho, Squillaci, Diaby, Ramsey but the fact is Wenger won't sell some of them. Yeah he may look to get rid of Squillaci and Chamakh but as for the others he won't sell them. We just bought Santos and Gervinho last season so of course Wenger won't sell them or he will basically admit he failed in those transfers. As for Ramsey he shows WAY to much faith in him.

TBF, you can be consistent in the league by winning 3 games in a row, but these games could be distinctivly average yet still win. 3games in a row is 9 points and even of your at the bottom of the league or the top, 9 points is a good amount of points seeing as 9 points are a 1/10 of Utd and City's points last season and more than a 1/3 of Wolves bottom place total of points. Overall, 3 games = consistent

So you randomly pick a period where they won 3 games in a row and they just become consistent?

So you randomly pick a period where they won 3 games in a row and they just become consistent?
No, that is not picking a random moment, If you read and digested what I wrote correctly you will see that I stated that actually HAVING a run of three games is consistent as it gives you that stats that I have already wrote above. You can't argue with the fact that 3 games equalling 9 points is not consistent as no matter how good the team it gives you momentum for following matches and a decent total of points no matter where you are in the league. There is nothing at all random in what i said. Please re-read it.

Was busy tonight and have only just seem what happened! WOW! New low in my eyes. Will say congrats Bradford but things really are not right at Arsenal.

Got a lot of time for Phil Parkinson after his efforts with us a few years ago. So pleased for him. Revenge for when Wenger refused to loan us Frimpong when Parkinson was manager :)

No, that is not picking a random moment, If you read and digested what I wrote correctly you will see that I stated that actually HAVING a run of three games is consistent as it gives you that stats that I have already wrote above. You can't argue with the fact that 3 games equalling 9 points is not consistent as no matter how good the team it gives you momentum for following matches and a decent total of points no matter where you are in the league. There is nothing at all random in what i said. Please re-read it.

This doesn't make them a consistent team overall in the League when 16 games have been played.

I think the point he is trying to make is that is not consistency.. That is form. Consistency is like being unbeaten at home all season or something like that.. Winning three games in a row is just good form, which is instantly destroyed after they lost to Everton.

But at the end of the day, it's a pointless argument about something incredibly irrelevant to the thread topic.

Back