The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sadly that's a question we have to ask ourselves what top class manager would want to join Arsenal now?

I still think Arsenal could attract a top class manager but just one how is out of work and not Pep. Maybe Rafa at the end of the season? Maybe Moyes or Lennon from Celtic and he could bring Wayarma (spelling). He said he would be interested in a move to the prem.

I really wouldn't say they had no chance, I mean Spartak Moscow wasn't that good and Benfica are more similar to Celtic. Really 2nd place could have went to any of those three teams behind Barcelona. I'm not saying they would go to Arsenal I am saying that is who I would LIKE to see replace Arsene Wenger. And why wouldn't a top manager still choose Arsenal? We are still a top club. Just because we are having a bad run of form doesn't mean we are no longer a top club. I mean we have qualified for the knockout round of the Champions League.

1. We have second best revenue in England (tied with Chelsea until we get new Emirates deal going )
2. We have great following and rich history.
3. We have quality players
4. We have 150m on bank

There's 4 good reasons to join Arsenal.

Wait, since when do managers choose penalty takers? The vast majority of the time it's the players who choose amongst themselves.

Lot of times I watch matches going to penalties I've seen managers with papers out thinking who will take penalties. I agree players offer to take penalties, but in the end I've always though manager has the last word who will take and in what order.

Quality players? Only worldies are Carzorla and Wilshere. I think Giroud could turn into a great little player but havent seen enough from him yet. The amount of ***** you have at Arsenal is amazing. Any proof that you have the joint best revenue in England?

Quality players? Only worldies are Carzorla and Wilshere. I think Giroud could turn into a great little player but havent seen enough from him yet. The amount of ***** you have at Arsenal is amazing. Any proof that you have the joint best revenue in England?

Quality isn't Word Class you know? Player is quality player when he is asset to our team.

I agree we got lot of **** and that **** must be removed as soon as possible. Released if nothing else works.

Here's list of worlds biggest clubs in terms of revenue http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_kDlIbzon...TMsAMw66aoo/s1600/10+Arsenal+Money+League.jpg

Quality isn't Word Class you know? Player is quality player when he is asset to our team.

I agree we got lot of **** and that **** must be removed as soon as possible. Released if nothing else works.

Here's list of worlds biggest clubs in terms of revenue http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_kDlIbzon...TMsAMw66aoo/s1600/10+Arsenal+Money+League.jpg
Interesting list but that was 2 years ago and would have changed by now. Would expect Arsenal to be close to United at the top but not at the top. The thing is the players you have in your first team arent good enough for top 4 and they dont even look like they want to get better. Only Wilshere again played with any desire what so ever against Bradford. If I was a manager I would steer well clear of Arsenal. They should have got AVB in the summer or they could go for the the At. Madrid manager. Think there needs to be a long re-building process at Arsenal

Also un-related to the manager discussion but I was playing on the astro turf with some mates yesterday and we ****** off our mate who supports Arsenal so much that he took the ball, went onto the next pitch and started taking penalties and shouting out Arsenal players names saying thats how you take a penalty. Was so funny when he missed one

Interesting list but that was 2 years ago and would have changed by now. Would expect Arsenal to be close to United at the top but not at the top. The thing is the players you have in your first team arent good enough for top 4 and they dont even look like they want to get better. Only Wilshere again played with any desire what so ever against Bradford. If I was a manager I would steer well clear of Arsenal. They should have got AVB in the summer or they could go for the the At. Madrid manager. Think there needs to be a long re-building process at Arsenal

The positions in the list have stayed pretty same. Next season we will likely rise to way above 300m revenue mark.

We have many players who are fit to play in top 4.
Sagna one of the best right backs in league. Vermaelen, Mertesacker and Koscielny are all good enough for top 4.

Arteta and Wilshere are both quality midfielders. Arteta would fare better if he'd be played further on pitch and not as our holding player. He is still doing quite good job there. Cazorla is great.

To add to that we have good rotation players in which there are couple experienced players and quite a lot promising players.

Some of the freeloaders will be gone by summer which free's a lot of wage budget for new arrivals.

Long rebuilding process? Please... Quality GK, Quality LB, Quality DM, Quality Winger and Quality ST and we are in contention for Prem.

Your telling me Mertesacker would get into either United's, City's or Chelsea's first team? Same with Koscielny. Arteta needs replacing he is getting to old to place as a holding player. You need a new GK, LB, 2 center backs, 2 wingers and maybe striker before you can think of winning the prem. United, City and Chelsea are streets ahead of you

Your telling me Mertesacker would get into either United's, City's or Chelsea's first team? Same with Koscielny. Arteta needs replacing he is getting to old to place as a holding player. You need a new GK, LB, 2 center backs, 2 wingers and maybe striker before you can think of winning the prem. United, City and Chelsea are streets ahead of you

Last season Koscielny was one of the best CB in league. Mertesacker has been quality this season. Last season he had troubles, but it was his first season and he was getting better until he got injured in spring. He has been our best defender so far this season. Good example how good he is only look at our game vs City earlier this season.

Arteta doesn't need replacement. Diaby does.

They are good players but Arsenal fans want to be winning premier leagues not getting the Arsen Wenger champions league qualification trophy

There is always some good news though, seems as if Gervinho will be going to the cup of nations so you will be without him luckily. Every cloud ay.

There is always some good news though, seems as if Gervinho will be going to the cup of nations so you will be without him luckily.

Haha posted same thing page or so ago. Finally some good news amid all this doom and gloom.

Back