The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The positions in the list have stayed pretty same. Next season we will likely rise to way above 300m revenue mark.

We have many players who are fit to play in top 4.
Sagna one of the best right backs in league. Vermaelen, Mertesacker and Koscielny are all good enough for top 4.

Arteta and Wilshere are both quality midfielders. Arteta would fare better if he'd be played further on pitch and not as our holding player. He is still doing quite good job there. Cazorla is great.

To add to that we have good rotation players in which there are couple experienced players and quite a lot promising players.

Some of the freeloaders will be gone by summer which free's a lot of wage budget for new arrivals.

Long rebuilding process? Please... Quality GK, Quality LB, Quality DM, Quality Winger and Quality ST and we are in contention for Prem.

Sames as before then, I dont understand why the club wont address this. Forget keeper, the others are long standing issues.

I could argue that it is the other way around, for a team to be consistent they don't have to be winning all of their games, but you can say, win 3 games in a row yet be distincively average or even poor. A good form means your winning a lot of your games in an emphatic manner. All I'm saying is that by winning 3 games you get morale boosts and momentum on your side even if you aren't playing well and as I said before 9 points won in 3 games is a decent amount of points especially if you look to teams doing this outside of the top four.

I think the point he is trying to make is that is not consistency.. That is form. Consistency is like being unbeaten at home all season or something like that.. Winning three games in a row is just good form, which is instantly destroyed after they lost to Everton.

But at the end of the day, it's a pointless argument about something incredibly irrelevant to the thread topic.

I could argue that it is the other way around, for a team to be consistent they don't have to be winning all of their games, but you can say, win 3 games in a row yet be distincively average or even poor. A good form means your winning a lot of your games in an emphatic manner. All I'm saying is that by winning 3 games you get morale boosts and momentum on your side even if you aren't playing well and as I said before 9 points won in 3 games is a decent amount of points especially if you look to teams doing this outside of the top four. I am not saying that my opinion is correct it is just my honest opinion on the subject :)

Sames as before then, I dont understand why the club wont address this. Forget keeper, the others are long standing issues.

Yes I agree others go before GK, but Mannone's contract is up next summer and I think Fabianski's is also so we should be looking to bring new one in summer. Other positions mainly DM , LB and ST should be addressed immediately.

I think that a team could be consistent in their results, as you don't need to be winning all the games you play and a team putting together a string of wins in a row outside of the top four at any point in the season can be consistent as it puts a lot of pressure on teams around them, but I think this is where form comes into the equation and the form of the team is what makes the consistent performances something to watch and take notice
This is just my opinion and I may be wrong, just wanna make sure you know I'm not trying to be a **** or anything, we cool? I may have come across as a bit of a ****, so sorry for that if that was the case :)

Yes I agree others go before GK, but Mannone's contract is up next summer and I think Fabianski's is also so we should be looking to bring new one in summer. Other positions mainly DM , LB and ST should be addressed immediately.

I think the priority should be DM. A lot has been made of losing Van Persie but Song was almost as significant and no attempt has been made to replace him. I thought he was phenominal last season and didn't perhaps get the recognition he deserved. Big loss.

I think the priority should be DM. A lot has been made of losing Van Persie but Song was almost as significant and no attempt has been made to replace him. I thought he was phenominal last season and didn't perhaps get the recognition he deserved. Big loss.

Yes I agree. If we could sign only one player in january I'd definately go for DM.

When is the draw for the next round of the champions league? Arsenal's best hope is to get Malaga and even then I can see them struggle to get through. But knowing your luck you will probably get Barcelona.

And imagine Arsenal's team if they didnt sell their best players every year. The likes of RVP, Carzorla, Fabregas and Song all playing together...

And imagine Arsenal's team if they didnt sell their best players every year. The likes of RVP, Carzorla, Fabregas and Song all playing together...

I always see this ****. Where does Arteta or Wilshere fit in? Where does the money come from to buy cazorla, podolski, giroud.

What really irks me is when people say we could have had

-------------Woj
Sagna-----Verm--Mert----Clichy
-
---------M'vila---Song
-------------Cesc
--Cazorla--------------Nasri
-------------RVP

How the **** is that even remotely possible.

When is the draw for the next round of the champions league? Arsenal's best hope is to get Malaga and even then I can see them struggle to get through. But knowing your luck you will probably get Barcelona.

20th December is the draw.

If we hadn't sold Fabregas we wouldn't probably have Cazorla. Main thing about keeping the team together is that they are accustomed to playing with each other. Our current team lacks that and it shows especially in attack as we fail to create enough chances.

Wenger needs to solve the mystery of walcott in january.Tell him your best offer now and if he does not sign it by december end decide what you want.Selling him will create panic at the club because he is in scoring form.If you want to keep him than play him damnit.Plays half of matches from bench which is nonsense.Too much rotation of players in positions will also not let fluidity come in your your game.Wenger has made lot of mistakes but the biggest mistake is of not changing the formation to suit his players.He needs to let them play in their natural positions.

Or just don't buy those players and buy players that fit into your system. Will we not get compensation for Walcott if he signs on a free transfer to a team in the Prem?

1. We have second best revenue in England (tied with Chelsea until we get new Emirates deal going )
2. We have great following and rich history.
3. We have quality players
4. We have 150m on bank

There's 4 good reasons to join Arsenal.

We have money in the bank that we hardly spend? Whether it's Wenger or the board that refuse to spend no one really knows but I doubt Wenger is ridiculously stubborn not to realise that we need to spend bigger to bring in better players.

We have quality players, well it doesn't look like it at the moment. Top managers want to win trophies, the players we have at the moment are simply not good enough to challenge for trophies (Obviously some of them don;t fall into this category but the squad overall isn't good enough).

And some people have mentioned that we will et rid of the dead wood by the summer. How do you know this? A lot of people said the same thing in June/July yet we still have a lot of **** players.

Last edited:
We have money in the bank that we hardly spend? Whether it's Wenger or the board that refuse to spend no one really knows but I doubt Wenger is ridiculously stubborn not to realise that we need to spend bigger to bring in better players.

We have quality players, well it doesn't look like it at the moment. Top managers want to win trophies, the players we have at the moment are simply not good enough to challenge for trophies (Obviously some of them don;t fall into this category but the squad overall isn't good enough).

And some people have mentioned that we will et rid of the dead wood by the summer. How do you know this? A lot of people said the same thing in June/July yet we still have a lot of **** players.

Our first eleven is almost ready to challenge for title. Couple players and then just wait until they click and boom. Also couple lesser trophies on the way wouldn't harm.

What I've gathered in recent years it's both boards and Wengers fault that we haven't signed players that we've needed. Example of board failure was Mata as we could have had him for 16m straight cash, but board wanted to wait until Fabregas deal to Barca was finalised. Then Chelsea swooped in with bigger offer and we know what happened.

Wengers fault is his naivete in trusting injury prone players like Diaby to play 20+ games a season and not sign player the team needs even if he would need to pay little bit over the value. Wenger has so big influence that I doubt board are blocking him.

Lot of players on high salaries are coming to end of their deals. Four that I remember now : Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci and Arshavin. That's almost 200k per week if I remember right.

Ramsey still has a way to go before he can be considered a flop, Diaby's injury problems have hampered his progress, Arshavin was pretty good at the start but I guess it is debatable that he hasn't been worth the £15m, Eduardo was pretty good too before getting the horrific injury, Podolski and Giroud are still in their first season and haven;t been particularly bad, Mertesacker has been our best defender this season, Rosicky has had amazing spells when he hasn't been injured and he's definitely been worth what we paid for him.

Our first eleven is almost ready to challenge for title. Couple players and then just wait until they click and boom. Also couple lesser trophies on the way wouldn't harm.

What I've gathered in recent years it's both boards and Wengers fault that we haven't signed players that we've needed. Example of board failure was Mata as we could have had him for 16m straight cash, but board wanted to wait until Fabregas deal to Barca was finalised. Then Chelsea swooped in with bigger offer and we know what happened.

Wengers fault is his naivete in trusting injury prone players like Diaby to play 20+ games a season and not sign player the team needs even if he would need to pay little bit over the value. Wenger has so big influence that I doubt board are blocking him.

Lot of players on high salaries are coming to end of their deals. Four that I remember now : Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci and Arshavin. That's almost 200k per week if I remember right.

Our first eleven could challenge for the title when they are on form but they haven't really been this season. Granted ther've been injuries to some of them but players like Vermaelen and Koscielny haven't been able to replicate last sesaon's form thus we're far from title contenders right now. I feel Wenger should have used Arshavin a lot more, I think he'd be a lot more useful than Gervinho anyway.

But anyway after those players leave, we still have Santos, Denilson, Bendtner, Park and Chamakh. Still some way to go in clearing out the deadwood on high wages that no one else is willing to pay.

Our first eleven could challenge for the title when they are on form but they haven't really been this season. Granted ther've been injuries to some of them but players like Vermaelen and Koscielny haven't been able to replicate last sesaon's form thus we're far from title contenders right now. I feel Wenger should have used Arshavin a lot more, I think he'd be a lot more useful than Gervinho anyway.

But anyway after those players leave, we still have Santos, Denilson, Bendtner, Park and Chamakh. Still some way to go in clearing out the deadwood on high wages that no one else is willing to pay.

I agree about Arshavin. Also what I've heard he works really hard in training, but gets no reward. That's also one of the issues I have with Wenger. He rather plays players he clearly favours over others out of position where they suck rather than play the other player.

Koscielny has had two injuries now this season and I think it's partly the reason he hasn't yet been on his level. Vermaelen is getting better and the captaincy might have put him on extra pressure which he couldn't handle at start. Arteta would've been better choice as captain.

There's interest in Santos from Turkey and Brazil so I doubt shifting him on will be problem. Denilson plays regularly for Sao Paulo and I think our asking price has just been too high. Now just need to drop it so they take him full time. Park has been cleared off books already and can be sold for minimal price or free. Chamakh is bit of a question, but I think he will want to play regularly and is willing to take wage cut to go back to France. Also there's been some interest in him from Turkey.

I think our asking price for Bendtner has been too high, but now that he has 1,5 years left there's no point trying to get much for him and I hope we can sell him in summer.

Back