The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M

Terrible article! Rosicky has been a good player for Arsenal, Mertesacker has improved massively from last season, Giroud and Podolski have just joined, Diaby for 2 million is by all means a good buy -it's his injuries that hamper his game- and not only did Hleb play well (IMO), but Arsenal actually made a profit on him when he was sold. Of the remaining few I agree with most, although it could be argued that Ramsey and Eduardo got ruined by injuries.

Furthermore, the second part of the article -those "potential" buys mentioned at the bottom- is even worse than the first part. When we got Baines, Arsenal had Clichy and Gibbs. Why would they spend 6m on another left back? By the time they needed a new LB, Baines' value had tripled. The same can be argued for most, if not all, of the other players.

I wasn't in agreement with the article, just thought I'd share it :)

Diaby hasn't really been worth the money spent on his wages and there are others that have flopped, but Wenger's spending has generally been successful. If you compare it to SAF's Veron, Hargreaves, Bebe etc he holds up pretty well in that department. The obvious problem is the failure to keep hold of their brightest talents, something United have managed to do because we compete for trophies year on year.

I wasn't in agreement with the article, just thought I'd share it :)

Diaby hasn't really been worth the money spent on his wages and there are others that have flopped, but Wenger's spending has generally been successful. If you compare it to SAF's Veron, Hargreaves, Bebe etc he holds up pretty well in that department. The obvious problem is the failure to keep hold of their brightest talents, something United have managed to do because we compete for trophies year on year.

Do you recon he got anyone to scout before signing Andre Santos?

To be fair, the article didn't state that the players in the pictures were flops. Just a way to point out just how much Wenger has spent and how little he has gotten back. Pods and Giroud aren't proven at Arsenal and Ramsey is questionable. The majority of Arsenal fans were talking about getting rid of Rosicky before the 2nd half of last season.

He is ****. And every arsenal fan I know hates him.

Doesn't help when Wenger plays him out wide. Again he's still young and hasn't been nearly as bad as a lot of the other players have been. He also started this season pretty well imo before he started playing **** again.

Give the guy a break. He had his leg snapped to pieces, was out for what seemed like an eternity, he's never going to reach his full potential because of that. No player on this earth would be able to, even Messi (though for some odd reason a lot of people already think he's the greatest player ever already which is laughable). And you have to take into account what that would do to the player mentally aswell, and as mentioned he's been played out wide.

What I find troubling is the fact that there's forums dedicated to hating Ramsey which is absolutely pathetic beyond belief. I'd have him at Goodison in a heartbeat. He is young and will improve, but if he's not getting the backing from the fans then what's the point in staying and trying to? If I was him I'd move somewhere else.

Give the guy a break. He had his leg snapped to pieces, was out for what seemed like an eternity, he's never going to reach his full potential because of that. No player on this earth would be able to, even Messi (though for some odd reason a lot of people already think he's the greatest player ever already which is laughable). And you have to take into account what that would do to the player mentally aswell, and as mentioned he's been played out wide.

What I find troubling is the fact that there's forums dedicated to hating Ramsey which is absolutely pathetic beyond belief. I'd have him at Goodison in a heartbeat. He is young and will improve, but if he's not getting the backing from the fans then what's the point in staying and trying to? If I was him I'd move somewhere else.
Yes, he might never have -10 PA again, but his 175PA is quite good. I would offer him a contract if Arsenal transfer list him.

Doesn't help when Wenger plays him out wide. Again he's still young and hasn't been nearly as bad as a lot of the other players have been. He also started this season pretty well imo before he started playing **** again.

Yeah Wenger shouldn't play him out of position but even when he was played in his natural position he gives the ball away far too easily. I do believe it is too early to call him a flop though and that broken leg really hurt his progress as before that he looked like he could potentially be better than Jack Wilshere.

I believe Arsenal are on another level to Everton. It's all good saying give him a break and that, but if he's not good enough then he's not good enough.

And btw, Messi is the greatest player ever. Who would you say was beter!?! But yeah that is for another topic and not here.

I believe Arsenal are on another level to Everton. It's all good saying give him a break and that, but if he's not good enough then he's not good enough.

And btw, Messi is the greatest player ever. Who would you say was beter!?! But yeah that is for another topic and not here.

Messi thing i said is because he still has a long way to go-anything can happen like a career ending injury. But like I've said before-the world is his oyster right now. But he's still young. Loooooooong career ahead of him.

But back OT Ramsey will be good enough. His career has been cruelly stunted after that injury. But the way I see it at times he's being made a scapegoat for utter **** performances on the pitch. There's 11 players after all

One World Cup > 3 UCL. And here to name one person who's better. Maradona. A true legend, leader, a *****. He won CL with Napoli by himself alone, with little help from his teammates. And he won World Cup. And he managed all that with knowledge that his leg could be broken by some *** who can't stand nutmeg or similar stuff. I give this video for example to all who claims that Messi is the greatest. Imagine him in mercy of one Claudio Gentile:
Gentile VS Maradona - YouTube

Messi thing i said is because he still has a long way to go-anything can happen like a career ending injury. But like I've said before-the world is his oyster right now. But he's still young. Loooooooong career ahead of him.

But back OT Ramsey will be good enough. His career has been cruelly stunted after that injury. But the way I see it at times he's being made a scapegoat for utter **** performances on the pitch. There's 11 players after all

Yep. You can't fault Ramsey playing on the wing. He wants to play and will play where he is said to play. He isn't cut out to play on the wing as he doesn't have the pace or ability to beat a player.

One World Cup > 3 UCL. And here to name one person who's better. Maradona. A true legend, leader, a *****. He won CL with Napoli by himself alone, with little help from his teammates. And he won World Cup. And he managed all that with knowledge that his leg could be broken by some *** who can't stand nutmeg or similar stuff. I give this video for example to all who claims that Messi is the greatest. Imagine him in mercy of one Claudio Gentile:
Gentile VS Maradona - YouTube

Are you actually being serious?

I forgot the time Maradona scored 86 goals in a year. Maradona was amazing but just because Messi hasent performed for Argentina as well as he does for Barca is not a good enough reason to say he isent as good. And Messi hasent even hit his peak yet. Imagine what he will be doing when he is 28/29. Messi is only getting better boys

I forgot the time Maradona scored 86 goals in a year. Maradona was amazing but just because Messi hasent performed for Argentina as well as he does for Barca is not a good enough reason to say he isent as good. And Messi hasent even hit his peak yet. Imagine what he will be doing when he is 28/29. Messi is only getting better boys
For this discussion ( Is Messi best player ever) the fact that he might not hit his peak doesn't matter. Point is, Messi is behind Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. Yes, he might be the best player ever, but currently, no, just no. If so, then Gerd Muller should be second best player. After all, he scored second most in one season, he won few CL and few WC.

Back