The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
For this discussion ( Is Messi best player ever) the fact that he might not hit his peak doesn't matter. Point is, Messi is behind Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. Yes, he might be the best player ever, but currently, no, just no. If so, then Gerd Muller should be second best player. After all, he scored second most in one season, he won few CL and few WC.

Why isn't Messi the best player ever? Because he hasn't won the World Cup?

I understand we're all trying to talk about other things to take our mind off Arsenal's performance on the pitch, but can we all just stick to the topic?

I understand we're all trying to talk about other things to take our mind off Arsenal's performance on the pitch, but can we all just stick to the topic?

No one had anything to say about Arsenal. Offer something Arsenal-related to talk about then, I was just genuinely wondering why people don't think Messi is the best player ever.

But anyway I think we've missed Song (More than I thought we would tbh, didn't help that Wenger didn't bring in another DM) and RVP (Obviously) a great deal this season. Even when the team didn't play well, there was every chance that song would play a sublime through ball for RVP. We haven't had that this season unfortunately. For all the quality we have in midfield, there's no one up front that can offer what RVP did in terms of his movement off the ball and the technique he had.

Last edited:
I'll answer that with another question. How many Jaffa Cakes do I have left?
I had one left, but my cat, named Yellow, because she's yellow, but to be honest she's almost orange and orange sounds utterly stupid on my language, so yea, Yellow is perfect, ate it. But I can't be mad at her.
Why wouldn't he be?
Herp derp.

Anyway, I'm not amused anymore.

I don't think you can class Messi as the "best ever" yet.... unless he proves himself somewhere other than Barcelona... a team which is completely built round him and the culture he has been used to since childhood.

I don't give a **** about the ability of one team or another. He is CLEARLY the most talented footballer ever to walk the earth. Sure Iniesta and Xavi help him out, but half the time he goes deep to get the ball and rips 6-7 players before embarrassing the goalkeeper by dinking it over him.

To stick to the topic.. wonder if Wenger still has nightmares about him?

I don't give a **** about the ability of one team or another. He is CLEARLY the most talented footballer ever to walk the earth. Sure Iniesta and Xavi help him out, but half the time he goes deep to get the ball and rips 6-7 players before embarrassing the goalkeeper by dinking it over him.

To stick to the topic.. wonder if Wenger still has nightmares about him?

No he just moans at the 4th official if things go wrong.

I stopped reading this after the first paragraph because I immediately thought that it was suggesting that all the players in the images it showed at the top were a 'waste of money'. Please tell me this isn't the case.

Diaby is constantly injured, true, but £2m is peanuts. He was worth that tiny risk.

How is Hleb in that list? He was quality for us, he only dwindled in personal ability following his departure from the club, he was in the team that should have won the League, but sadly for us all, failed at the last.

Eduardo at £7.5m is a waste?! **** right off, he was nothing short of fantastic before his horrific leg break, and that sort of injury could happen to anyone.

Erm, Podolski, Giroud and Mertesacker in the list? Okay then. Whoever wrote that article has mental issues or has not watched a single Arsenal game this season, admittedly Podolski goes missing sometimes, but Giroud has been fantastic and Mertesacker, as mentioned earlier in the thread, has been our best defender this season.

Rosicky being there is arguable due to his injury problems, but you can't deny his ability.

Of course, I didn't read the article as I felt it would make me angry, but I'm presuming it's listing those players as a 'waste of money' going by the title.

That article FBP linked was one of the most retarded I've seen in a while. I guess it is talksport, though.

I don't think you can class Messi as the "best ever" yet.... unless he proves himself somewhere other than Barcelona... a team which is completely built round him and the culture he has been used to since childhood.

Since when is loyalty a reason to doubt a player's ability? Are we going to start questioning Pele, Scholes, Giggs, Xavi...?

[video=youtube;TDYavR0b0-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TDYavR0b0-c[/video]

He's a lovely guy is that Robin Van Persie.

Edited post: I recon Reading will have a go at Arsenal tomorrow like they did against United... although they can't really afford to take risks at the moment considering their position in the table.

Last edited:
Maybe he was chanting "where gona **** on man united as the reds (arsenal) go marching up up up. Seriously let him celebrate and enjoy his victory. He was held back by Arsenal and if he was at somewhere else he would have won so many things by now

No more ***** on Messi. Create a thread in the rightful place and debate yourselves to death

Back