The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He did nearly win the CL with Chelsea...How that one penalty probably changed his life lol. He could have been a European Champion but now is literally nowhere.
That Chelsea team was still flying on Mourinhos wings. I don't rate Grant at all, and results prove that.

Hope Walcott plays tomorrow, starting to feel like he's more important to our team than we have realized.

Hope Walcott plays tomorrow, starting to feel like he's more important to our team than we have realized.

Agreed. He's not a world beater but he's probably the most effective winger we've got and can easily be moved up front if we're chasing a goal.

Get Sneijder in January... practically crying out to be bought from Inter!

Undoubtedly a world-class player and you probably won't get a better opportunity than this to sign one. Although having said that Huntelaar is someone who you may also want to consider, especially when you are resorting to Gervinho up front.

Get Sneijder in January... practically crying out to be bought from Inter!

Undoubtedly a world-class player and you probably won't get a better opportunity than this to sign one. Although having said that Huntelaar is someone who you may also want to consider, especially when you are resorting to Gervinho up front.

I really doubt we will end up with Huntelaar. He might be just a smokescreen for other deals. Wouldn't mind him at all, but I'd prefer Adrian or Llorente.

Looks like either Walcott or Podolski will be our main striker today.

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ox, Walcott and Podolski.

I really doubt we will end up with Huntelaar. He might be just a smokescreen for other deals. Wouldn't mind him at all, but I'd prefer Adrian or Llorente.

Only one of them is feasible though.

Only one of them is feasible though.

Yeap I think you mean Adrian? Still I think best choice would be getting Demba Ba for that 7,5mil.

Someone who I'd like next summer is Alfred Finnbogason. Doing pretty well at Heerenveen and highly rated by Marco van Basten.

Podolski 1-0 Gibbs with assist

Santi 2-0 Podolski with assist. Efficient stuff from left side

Santi 3-0 Gibbs with another assist.

Last edited:
Arsenal playing very well tonight so far but remeber what happened last time you played Reading! Now all you need to do is play like this every week and you might get 4th place

Arsenal playing very well tonight so far but remeber what happened last time you played Reading! Now all you need to do is play like this every week and you might get 4th place

Different situation. We came from behind then. Mainly we need to remember Newcastle and the game that ended 4-4.

We don't really seem to be playing an out and out striker tonight are we? Walcott has been out wide as has Podolski. Our midfield is playing brilliantly as well. And Mertesacker and Vermaelen are proving everyone wrong about them not being able to play together.

Heard some rumours we have / are about to sign Sunzu Stopila or something like that?

Yeah he's a central defender / defensive midfielder from TP Mozambe. Read on facebook that he thought he was flying to England for a trial but was told by his agent that he was flying to discuss personal terms on a contract with Arsenal. Not heard much about him though.

Edit - His wikipedia page already said he has signed for Arsenal for £8m subject to a work permit. If this is true and that is a big IF due to it being wikipedia, £8m is a huge fee for a relatively unknown ala Bebe to Manchester United.

Last edited:
Yeah he's a central defender / defensive midfielder from TP Mozambe. Read on facebook that he thought he was flying to England for a trial but was told by his agent that he was flying to discuss personal terms on a contract with Arsenal. Not heard much about him though.

Yeah was part of Zambia team that won ACoN this year.

Cazorla at his best today.

Edit: 4-0 Cazorla! Santi Christmas. Fully deserved.

Last edited:
Back