The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Way to step away from the crowd there. :p

I don't see Villa to Arsenal. He'd have a whole host of other, better options.

Cesc helped convince Cazorla to make way here from what i've heard. Might help with Villa also.

Cesc helped convince Cazorla to make way here from what i've heard. Might help with Villa also.

It would still be a long shot. Most clubs on the planet would love to have Villa. The difference with Cazorla was that there was a signal lack of other potential buyers.

It would still be a long shot. Most clubs on the planet would love to have Villa. The difference with Cazorla was that there was a signal lack of other potential buyers.

True. Still would make sense to try as last time it was us vs Barca and well that wasn't really a battle. I'd think there are maybe 3 or 4 clubs he could sign. Us, Chelsea, Juve and maybe PSG.

Also Re Negrado I always somehow thought he was older? Thought he was nearer 30, but he's 27 so would have years left in him. Also his goal record is really good.

True. Still would make sense to try as last time it was us vs Barca and well that wasn't really a battle. I'd think there are maybe 3 or 4 clubs he could sign. Us, Chelsea, Juve and maybe PSG.

Also Re Negrado I always somehow thought he was older? Thought he was nearer 30, but he's 27 so would have years left in him. Also his goal record is really good.

Oh, it'd definitely make sense to try, even if it wasn't feasible.

Negredo is a wonderful striker, one of my favourites. He's pretty much the ultimate all-round forward. He's not just capable of playing lots of different roles, he's actively GOOD at it.

Oh, it'd definitely make sense to try, even if it wasn't feasible.

Negredo is a wonderful striker, one of my favourites. He's pretty much the ultimate all-round forward. He's not just capable of playing lots of different roles, he's actively GOOD at it.

I wonder if we could get same kind of deal as with Cazorla. 15 mil euros straight up.

Well if we can't get anyone from Spain we can always go shopping for Benteke ;)

Don't know at all. Just heard our scouts have been there all the time + Wenger's comments about spain being place for bargains.

Llorente, Adrian, David Villa to name few.
Llorente will go to Juve. Have heard that our interest in Adrian has ended after Wenger heard Villa could be available for £13-15 million. A little uneasy about that though, of course he is a quality player but he is also 31 and coming off the back of a serious injury. Don't know what the fuss is over Adrian either, admittedly I have never seen him play but his strike rate isn't anything to get excited about.

I wonder if we could get same kind of deal as with Cazorla. 15 mil euros straight up.

Well if we can't get anyone from Spain we can always go shopping for Benteke ;)

Haha, Wenger spending actual proper money on someone? You're funny. :)

Llorente will go to Juve. Have heard that our interest in Adrian has ended after Wenger heard Villa could be available for £13-15 million. A little uneasy about that though, of course he is a quality player but he is also 31 and coming off the back of a serious injury. Don't know what the fuss is over Adrian either, admittedly I have never seen him play but his strike rate isn't anything to get excited about.

Mmm, I understand your lack of excitement. To be fair, he's been pushed wide regularly in his career, but he's not exactly top-level.

Haha, Wenger spending actual proper money on someone? You're funny. :)

He has already if stories are right? 600k on Godzilla ( Sunzu Stoppila ) Though everyone who's seen him says he's good and that he was best defender in ACoN last year.

He has already if stories are right? 600k on Godzilla ( Sunzu Stoppila ) Though everyone who's seen him says he's good and that he was best defender in ACoN last year.

A whole 600k?! Wow, watch out Sheikh Mansour! ;)

Metro had reported he'd resigned with Schalke, but yeah it's the Metro.

I personally would rather see us sign Demba Ba over either Adrian or David Villa. Yes some would question that as it is David Villa but he is now 31 years old and coming off a broken leg. Also Demba Ba is a proven goalscorer in the Premier League.

I personally would rather see us sign Demba Ba over either Adrian or David Villa. Yes some would question that as it is David Villa but he is now 31 years old and coming off a broken leg. Also Demba Ba is a proven goalscorer in the Premier League.

Demba Ba has knee issues also.

Yes but for 7m I'd be more then willing to take a punt on him over David Villa who has never played in the Premier League who will cost twice as much and is 4? years older than Ba.

Demba Ba has knee issues also.
This has had me uneasy over us going after Ba with our injury history his knee will blow up the moment pen touches paper but I think he is worth a punt. £7 million isn't a massive deal in the current market, his wages wouldn't be too extravagant and he is proven to be a reliable goal scorer in the PL.

Doesn't Ba have very similar qualities to Giroud though? I'd want a pacy, clever forward if I were Wenger, or give Walcott the chance to show what he can do up top. Ths would surely push defences deeper and give Cazorla and Wilshere the space to destroy teams. Ba would be decent but with some risk, but I guess no more than a foreign import.

Can't see him buying Ba or Villa. It doesn't suit Wenger's style at all. I'm curious if we will get a CM/DM to allow Cazorla to push up the field and allow Walcott to play as a striker, since the cover for Arteta is zero.

And the CL quarters are here, it seems we're playing Bayern. Tough game, wouldn't be suprised if we don't go through, lets hope some of the performance against AC Milan last year are in the players minds. Lets not **** it up during the first leg.

Swansea are favourites to sign Villa

Bit of an aside comment this, but why are Sanchez and Villa out of favour with Villanova? I thought they were both extremely good players who were great last season. I'm not watching their games these days, presumably it's something to do with players such as Pedro, Deulofeu, Tello and so on becoming better and Tito enjoys bringing academy players through like his old boss?

Back