The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
So lets see shopping list for january. holding midfielder, striker and a winger, first 2 being a priority. Really hoping for a better non injury prone version of Diaby

So lets see shopping list for january. holding midfielder, striker and a winger, first 2 being a priority. Really hoping for a better non injury prone version of Diaby

Yeap holding player / Box to Box is clear priority. Also we need LB if we sell Santos.

Also we should get Diaby on pay as you play deal or if not then released. He's getting somewhere around 50-60k per week wages now. He's a great player if fit, but he's fit only couple games a season.

Team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ox, Walcott and Podolski

Bench: Mannone , Jenkinson, Koscielny, Coquelin, Ramsey, Arshavin and Gervinho.

I think dropping Giroud from bench is a mistake. Especially if Wigan manage to take lead and then fall into 5 man defence. If that happens Gervinho will be useless whereas Giroud would be useful.

EDIT: Heard Giroud is ill so that explains it.

Last edited:
Does Koke have the 13million release clause irl? I've seen him a few times this year for At. Madrid and he has impressed me. He would defo be a good signing a possibly a great one depending on how much better he gets

Why do we need Isco someone tell me? Is he not just like another attacking midfielder which we really don't need with Cazorla, Wilshere and even Ox if need to.

Does Koke have the 13million release clause irl? I've seen him a few times this year for At. Madrid and he has impressed me. He would defo be a good signing a possibly a great one depending on how much better he gets

Don't know. Don't think he is the player we need right now.

You wont get Isco even if you do want him, once teams come knocking he'll be off to one of the bigger clubs.

You wont get Isco even if you do want him, once teams come knocking he'll be off to one of the bigger clubs.

Which club can pay Malaga that close to 20m straight up in cash? City can't go spending or they will face ban from Europe. Chelsea need different kind of player. United yes, but SAF has said he won't be signing anyone, Real maybe if they sell Kaka, Barca don't really need him.

That's about it.

Ref complete joke giving Wilshere yellow for that challenge. Should have been yellow for Jones pretty early in game and yellow for Wigan players trying to convince ref to give Wilshere red.

Which club can pay Malaga that close to 20m straight up in cash? City can't go spending or they will face ban from Europe. Chelsea need different kind of player. United yes, but SAF has said he won't be signing anyone, Real maybe if they sell Kaka, Barca don't really need him.

That's about it.

Inter -if they do lose Sneijder-, Milan, Dortmund (although they don't really need him), Bayern, PSG, Spurs...

That's about it.
Like Athe said, quite a few clubs that could go for him and don't be put off by the 17mil price tag. No club pays that in one huge lump apart from the likes of City/Chelsea/PSG.

They'd also be very willing to listen to offers due to the financial issues they're having, he could basically take his pick from whatever club he wants.

Inter -if they do lose Sneijder-, Milan, Dortmund (although they don't really need him), Bayern, PSG, Spurs...

Don't think he wants to go to Italy really. Milan and Inter don't really have money. Juve might be possibility though.

Bayern have Kroos already and Dortmund also dont real need him. PSG yes, but I think they are also close to ban from europe.

Spurs...

Don't think he wants to go to Italy really. Milan and Inter don't really have money. Juve might be possibility though.

Bayern have Kroos already and Dortmund also dont real need him. PSG yes, but I think they are also close to ban from europe.

Spurs...

Juve don't need him, but Inter will probably have to sell Sneijder, in which case Isco would not only be a quality replacement, but they'd also have the funds to sign him. Same thing for Milan, who are probably going to sell one (or both) of Pato or Robinho.

Juve don't need him, but Inter will probably have to sell Sneijder, in which case Isco would not only be a quality replacement, but they'd also have the funds to sign him. Same thing for Milan, who are probably going to sell one (or both) of Pato or Robinho.

Yes, but if it comes to say Milan/Inter vs Arsenal which one is he going to pick. I think us.

Yes, but if it comes to say Milan/Inter vs Arsenal which one is he going to pick. I think us.

Well, you do have a few spaniards on board, including one of his former teammates, but you'd need to step up your on-field performances, otherwise you're going to have a hard time competing with every other team.

Well, you do have a few spaniards on board, including one of his former teammates, but you'd need to step up your on-field performances, otherwise you're going to have a hard time competing with every other team.

True, but if we manage to enforce the needed positions in january we can go on and have decent season and maybe next season have a title challenge.

Had only talk from ref for mouthing off to assistant or something like that.

Edit: Ref saw earring and he had to remove it.

Commentators say they didnt see him take an earing out. I didn't see one in either it must have been a very small one. Should have been checked before the teams came out poor reffing there

Back