The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Bit of an aside comment this, but why are Sanchez and Villa out of favour with Villanova? I thought they were both extremely good players who were great last season. I'm not watching their games these days, presumably it's something to do with players such as Pedro, Deulofeu, Tello and so on becoming better and Tito enjoys bringing academy players through like his old boss?
Pretty much, Villa and Sanchez are the easiest two to rotate them in for.

Delighted you boys got Bayern, hope you get Muller'd!

Delighted you boys got Bayern, hope you get Muller'd!

It's ok, just like us that have that determined core of players willing to make them fight for every inch of ground they take. Oh...
But, they do have a solid defensive line and exceptionally hard working defensive wingers and midfielders. Oh...
But...but... they do play well defending deep. Oh...
erm. At least Bayern have the league to worry about though, what with Dortmund still right on their tail. Oh...
errrrr... but at least they've had some bad losses that will have broken their confidence. Played 16, lost 1, conceded just 6 goals? Oh...
... ... ... I suppose it could be worse, they could be so far ahead in the league that they can concentrate almost entirely on the CL whilst Arsenal have to fight bitterly for 4th. Oh...

Bit of an aside comment this, but why are Sanchez and Villa out of favour with Villanova? I thought they were both extremely good players who were great last season. I'm not watching their games these days, presumably it's something to do with players such as Pedro, Deulofeu, Tello and so on becoming better and Tito enjoys bringing academy players through like his old boss?

All three wide players are actually out of form, they have all played a decent number of games. Sanchez hasnt scored IIRC.

It's also probably worth noting that both Sanchez and Villa are pretty direct players. Maybe that's not what Tito wants from his wingers. I've always felt that Sanchez was wasted there: he would be incredible for a side like Dortmund.

It's ok, just like us that have that determined core of players willing to make them fight for every inch of ground they take. Oh...
But, they do have a solid defensive line and exceptionally hard working defensive wingers and midfielders. Oh...
But...but... they do play well defending deep. Oh...
erm. At least Bayern have the league to worry about though, what with Dortmund still right on their tail. Oh...
errrrr... but at least they've had some bad losses that will have broken their confidence. Played 16, lost 1, conceded just 6 goals? Oh...
... ... ... I suppose it could be worse, they could be so far ahead in the league that they can concentrate almost entirely on the CL whilst Arsenal have to fight bitterly for 4th. Oh...

Also, Ribery is arguably the most on-form player in the entire world bar Messi right now.

This would be a lot more funny if Arsenal were actually playing well and the German side was simply -that good-.

As it is, we don't need to face Bayern to lose, we've proved we only need Bradford.

Quite enjoying a different challenge in a team like Bayern, no point for us Arsenal fans to clamour for a CL spot only to be disappointed/worried when we get put up against a big, quality team.

Hey, this is play-off phase, stranger things have happened. I'd imagine Bradford supporters said something along the lines of "**** my life, we're vs. Arsenal" not so long ago.

Hey, this is play-off phase, stranger things have happened. I'd imagine Bradford supporters said something along the lines of "**** my life, we're vs. Arsenal" not so long ago.

All they'd have to have done was too look at Arsenal's form and performances to give them a bit of hope. We can't do that with Bayern.

In my opinion Bayern are the second best team in Europe so can't see Arsenal getting a result. Would be interested to see what the odds are for all the British teams going out in the last 16 actually- tough draws.

In my opinion Bayern are the second best team in Europe so can't see Arsenal getting a result. Would be interested to see what the odds are for all the British teams going out in the last 16 actually- tough draws.

United have slightly better chance I think, but are still underdogs.

With us it all comes down to first leg at home. If we can find the form we have been in past home games then we have chance, but if we play like we have this season no chance at all. Also Sagna needs to be fit and on form so we have chance against Ribery.

Isco please.

It's pretty much now or never time for us. Competition for him would be much lesser in january then in summer. Also don't know how many clubs apart from us or Utd could really now go and buy him with "spare" cash.

It's pretty much now or never time for us. Competition for him would be much lesser in january then in summer. Also don't know how many clubs apart from us or Utd could really now go and buy him with "spare" cash.

Fergie did say they will not be spending 100% in Jan

Fergie did say they will not be spending 100% in Jan

Yes that's why I think now it's our chance. Only made point that United have cash reserves enough to be able to pay him straight up in cash.

Back