The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I almost posted this yesterday but I didn't but I feel if we do re-sign Walcott he could easily be the next Henry. He showed it today as well.

I almost posted this yesterday but I didn't but I feel if we do re-sign Walcott he could easily be the next Henry. He showed it today as well.

He could be really good player for us, but not next Henry...

Also I really doubt he will sign extension unless he really wants to stay and it's not just talk. He can get over 100k a week offers with 5m or bigger signing on fee offers in summer.

I know Walcott was ****** amazing but that's sort of taken away the spotlight from Giroud, who I thought was magnificent too. What a good signing he's proving to be too. Overall, despite the leaky defense, what a way to end the year.

I know Walcott was ****** amazing but that's sort of taken away the spotlight from Giroud, who I thought was magnificent too. What a good signing he's proving to be too. Overall, despite the leaky defense, what a way to end the year.

Yea Giroud was very unlucky to not score hattrick aswell. Also he did his defensive duties well and I think he has been our best player defending corners this year. Almost every time Giroud is on and there's a corner there's no problem as he heads it out.

Also I think all the attention on Walcott is good for Giroud as it allows him to do his thing and not be in constant scrutiny.

What a game, great hat-trick from Walcott and almost another from Giroud. Wilshere, Podolski and Oxlade-Chamberlain all played great too.

Hi there!
I'm Portuguese and I came this days to London. My first game in Premier was tonight's game. My childish dream of see'in a Premier match was achieved. It was a great experience.
Portuguese fans has so much to learn from you. Your spirit, all the stadium singing. Just amazing.
Cheers and all the luck :)

Hi there!
I'm Portuguese and I came this days to London. My first game in Premier was tonight's game. My childish dream of see'in a Premier match was achieved. It was a great experience.
Portuguese fans has so much to learn from you. Your spirit, all the stadium singing. Just amazing.
Cheers and all the luck :)

And this was at the emirates? **** me, Portugal must be awful.

Ahaha. It was the possible. It was not my favourite place to go.
But yeah the fans in Portugal are far away from you. When one of your teams go to Portugal and you can go you can see what i'm talking about. Maybe emirates isn't a good exemple, but in Portugal, if the home team was with that kind of result, the fans probably would whistle and don't support. It's just a small exemple...
cheers

I didn't think Arteta or Cazorla played that well. Cazorla was mostly a non factor and neither made runs, and to that point, Wilshere only made a few. Had a couple opportunities squandered as there was little support on the counter attack.

But anyway, glad to see Theo and Giroud strut their stuff.

I didn't get to see much of the match due to work, saw the last 3 goals and that was about it but the fact that Theo is now more of an out and out striker is proving he could be our new Henry much more. He played great except for a couple passes but really what we need to think about is defensively. It looks like we will move for atleast one defender. Leighton Baines has been linked with us today as well. I think if we sign Baines, Zaha and a DM I will be happy.

I didn't get to see much of the match due to work, saw the last 3 goals and that was about it but the fact that Theo is now more of an out and out striker is proving he could be our new Henry much more. He played great except for a couple passes but really what we need to think about is defensively. It looks like we will move for atleast one defender. Leighton Baines has been linked with us today as well. I think if we sign Baines, Zaha and a DM I will be happy.

Really doubt Everton will be tempted to cash in on Baines and Wenger wont go spending 15-20m on a defender.

I feel it's more and more likely we will get M'Vila. Wenger has said he will splash the cash for a top player, and M'vila fits the bill. Expensive, class, and fills our need for a DM (Arteta ain't cutting it, he has been ball watching lately). Zaha may cost too much, plus we have other young wingers. I wouldn't even doubt us picking up a bench quality CB. I highly doubt we buy a striker unless we take Villa on loan. We have too many options at striker that just needed time (Theo and Giroud)

Theo re-signing would be a new signing haha. We were linked with a 10m bid for Baines this morning. I don't mind M'vila coming in if his ego doesn't get the best of him. We need another winger imo as Gervinho is terrible.

I'd also take Zaha over Gervinho. Also I believe Arshavin is off when the window opens and that opens space for Zaha. Other than that we need DM and LB to replace Santos who also is likely going as soon as window opens.

According to Bild Hannover 96 are looking to signing Djourou. ( Hannover 96: Kommt Abwehr-Star Johan Djourou von Arsenal - Hannover 96 - Bild.de )

Also hearing that we are trying to get Denilson off the books and he is available for "reasonable" fee.

No news on Arshavin & Chamakh

Incoming news: Rumours going that Villa is pushing for a Barca exit and Cesc has adviced him to join Arsenal. Willing to take a wage cut and join as long as regular football is guaranteed.

I personally don't think we need a striker because I am confident Walcott will re-sign with us and move up front along with Giroud and I think Wenger might move to a hybrid 4-4-2.

I personally don't think we need a striker because I am confident Walcott will re-sign with us and move up front along with Giroud and I think Wenger might move to a hybrid 4-4-2.

We have 2 good strikers at the moment and that's not enough. 3 if you count in Podolski, but Wenger wants to use him on left so I don't count him in. We could easily do with one so we don't need to watch Gervinho up top anymore.

Back