The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I dont think we will get Baines and I wouldnt really force him either along with Fellaini. They have been part of Everton for a long time and personally I know how it feels when the idols of your club leave. Its hard to explain but Id rather take people who will grow into Arsenal idols rather then just getting others.

I dont think we will get Baines and I wouldnt really force him either along with Fellaini. They have been part of Everton for a long time and personally I know how it feels when the idols of your club leave. Its hard to explain but Id rather take people who will grow into Arsenal idols rather then just getting others.

is that so man city/Barcelona can sign them from you? Arsenal been attempting to do that for what is it now something like 7 trophy less years?

As much as I'd love for us to get Baines and/or Fellaini, I don't think it's going to happen. I'm not all that thrilled by the idea of Adrian Lopez either. He's a decent player, can play out wide on the right, too, but just kind of feels like another player who will end up like Bendtner or Gervinho. I'd rather see us go for David Villa despite his age. We really need someone who can come in right away and contribute.

So you are saying sign younger players that need time to grow into Arsenal idols rather than buy proven quality players? I like thinking towards the future myself but really we don't have to do that all the time. Leighton Baines would be a perfect buy for us regardless of if he is an Everton idol.

Squillaci and Djourou are leaving

who knew they still played there? forgot they existed...

Also linked with Sneijder, which simply won't happen at 200K p/w.

Squillaci and Djourou are leaving

who knew they still played there? forgot they existed...

Also linked with Sneijder, which simply won't happen at 200K p/w.

Sneijder won't be getting his Inter wage anywhere but Russia/Asia.

We were offered Sneijder on a free transfer from Inter Milan but there is no way we are paying him 200k per week. Chelsea also declined him as well.

We were offered Sneijder on a free transfer from Inter Milan but there is no way we are paying him 200k per week. Chelsea also declined him as well.

It's not really a surprise that we wouldn't pay that much on wages... I know we complain that Arsenal don't sign any players because of wages, but I wouldn't want us to spend 200K p/w for a player that hasn't even that good since Inter were in the champions league final... I would rather us spend it on a midfielder that could come at wages that were reasonable for a quality player, someone who is a great all-round midfielder and could fill the void left by the ones who left a while ago.. My choice would be someone like that Wanyama from Celtic or Moussa Sissoka from Toulouse.

It's not really a surprise that we wouldn't pay that much on wages... I know we complain that Arsenal don't sign any players because of wages, but I wouldn't want us to spend 200K p/w for a player that hasn't even that good since Inter were in the champions league final... I would rather us spend it on a midfielder that could come at wages that were reasonable for a quality player, someone who is a great all-round midfielder and could fill the void left by the ones who left a while ago.. My choice would be someone like that Wanyama from Celtic or Moussa Sissoka from Toulouse.

I never said I was disappointed with this, I personally am very happy we didn't go for it as that is just rediculous for someone who hasn't played since September.

Im starting to doubt we will making any big name signing this month. A lot of reports about us having agreed to terms with a couple players (arda turan/Adrian Lopez) but going into the 3rd day of the new year and they haven't transferred?

I think Turan would an optimal signing, takes pressure of Cazorla and allows Santi to play on the right wing, or give Jack/Arteta a rest. Another LB signing would be nice.

I thought it was a crock of **** that Wenger dumped an in form Jenkinson who was getting strong looks at capping for England for Sagna who has been injured about 50% of the time the last couple years. Jenkinson had good pace, workrate, defensive toughness and could cross a ball.

Anyone think Wenger has a bit of a French bias?

Im starting to doubt we will making any big name signing this month. A lot of reports about us having agreed to terms with a couple players (arda turan/Adrian Lopez) but going into the 3rd day of the new year and they haven't transferred?

I think Turan would an optimal signing, takes pressure of Cazorla and allows Santi to play on the right wing, or give Jack/Arteta a rest. Another LB signing would be nice.

I thought it was a crock of **** that Wenger dumped an in form Jenkinson who was getting strong looks at capping for England for Sagna who has been injured about 50% of the time the last couple years. Jenkinson had good pace, workrate, defensive toughness and could cross a ball.

Anyone think Wenger has a bit of a French bias?

Actually I agree 100% Sagna. I saw no reason for Jenkinson to be completely pulled out. Jenkinson looked sharp at start of the season and made little mistakes. He should have been given more playing time and not 100% Sagna

You can't seriously expect our deals to be done 3 days into the transfer window...

Personally I would like to see Jenkinson start at Swansea Saturday. He deserves it.

You can't seriously expect our deals to be done 3 days into the transfer window...

Personally I would like to see Jenkinson start at Swansea Saturday. He deserves it.

I as well, would love to see Jenkinson play instead of Sagna... he had a great start to the season and didn't deserve to be dropped completely from the arsenal side. It would be good to see him play again as I think that he'll be better than Sagna soon

Actually I agree 100% Sagna. I saw no reason for Jenkinson to be completely pulled out. Jenkinson looked sharp at start of the season and made little mistakes. He should have been given more playing time and not 100% Sagna

It's like Phiilly said really, Sagna has been immense for us and one of if not the best RB in the league so I can't really fault Wenger on that.

So if we dump Djourou and Squid...we surely HAVE to sign a CB this window? No?

Back