The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sure I dont think we need Gervinho atl all. But do we really need Zaha to replace him? We have lots of people who can play out wide. If we lose Theo then sure. Id take a DM and a LB over Zaha any day.

Sure I dont think we need Gervinho atl all. But do we really need Zaha to replace him? We have lots of people who can play out wide. If we lose Theo then sure. Id take a DM and a LB over Zaha any day.

Counting out Theo who seems far more effective up top we have Podolski and Ox. Arshavin is useless out wide and he is likely off. Who else? Ramsey? Can be quality player for us, but not as a winger. We definately need a new winger.

He probably adds Cazorla to that list too but I'd rather not play them out of positions. Ramsey is not a winger neither is Cazorla. Goal.com is exclusively linking us with a 10m bid for Adrian and also heard from another source we are looking to add 2-3m to our offer for Wilfried Zaha to try and sign him before our rivals when we originally wanted to offer 8m for him.

He probably adds Cazorla to that list too but I'd rather not play them out of positions. Ramsey is not a winger neither is Cazorla. Goal.com is exclusively linking us with a 10m bid for Adrian and also heard from another source we are looking to add 2-3m to our offer for Wilfried Zaha to try and sign him before our rivals when we originally wanted to offer 8m for him.

Yeah well Cazorla actually could play quite well on wing at least compared to Ramsey. And I think he should at times be played there as some games he is far too marked in middle and in wider positions he would have more space to work. Ramsey I think with some experience and practise could work in that Arteta position quite well.

I've heard both Utd and us have lodged similar bids to Palace for Zaha. Only difference is that Utd would loan him back until end of season and we'd take him straight to first team. Zaha wants to play in Prem and what I've heard Palace have let him negotiate personal terms already and he has agreed terms with us. I expect we'd need to up our offer a bit for Palace to agree. I expect 10m or with addons so similar to what we paid for Ox.

A striker really wouldn't have helped us out today, our whole team looked very flat. Horrible game all around and we were lucky to escape with a draw. Sagna had a bad game, Cazorla was pretty quiet in midfield, Podolski and Walcott were basically nonexistant. Our centerbacks played decent and Gibbs was our best defender today. Gervinho did nothing like usual and Giroud really didn't do much when coming on either.

Being reported that Arsenal have dropped their interest in Zaha due to Walcott about to sign a new deal

Being reported that Arsenal have dropped their interest in Zaha due to Walcott about to sign a new deal

Yup saw that. Hopefully its true about Theo, however imo if we can get Zaha we should.

‎"Theo Walcott is set to sign a new deal after Arsenal indicated they are ready to up their offer to him. Walcott wants £90,000 a week and his representatives were holding a new round of talks with Arsenal today with the club prepared to come closer to his demands. This is the second concession Walcott has won as he has started to play up front on a more regular basis rather than out wide."

Sky Sports also reporting that he will hold talks with Arsenal reps on Wednesday over "the future of his career".

Also am I the only one not impressed by us being heavily linked with Adrian Lopez? I mean he has 51 league appearances for Atletico and only 9 goals to show for it... I hope I am wrong but instead of paying the 7.5m for Demba Ba a proven premier league goal scorer instead we pay well over twice that for Adrian Lopez.

Also am I the only one not impressed by us being heavily linked with Adrian Lopez? I mean he has 51 league appearances for Atletico and only 9 goals to show for it... I hope I am wrong but instead of paying the 7.5m for Demba Ba a proven premier league goal scorer instead we pay well over twice that for Adrian Lopez.

I looked at some of his goals and was not overly impressed. A lot of tap ins and such however hes pretty fast seems to have good positioning. Dont know, we'll see

What does everyone think of Demba Ba in talks with chelsea at the moment.... do you think that Wenger should go for him or not bother because of the strikers we've already got???

What does everyone think of Demba Ba in talks with chelsea at the moment.... do you think that Wenger should go for him or not bother because of the strikers we've already got???

I dont think we should bother with him. Hes kind of similar to Giroud tbh. We need somebody who can hold up the ball but also be creative enough to create chances for others.

I dont think we should bother with him. Hes kind of similar to Giroud tbh. We need somebody who can hold up the ball but also be creative enough to create chances for others.

I guess that's fair to say, but we definetley need to get someone in defense this transfer window... someone who actually can play in England unlike the countless amount of players we've signed before that play well abroad and fail to impress for us over here (Squillaci and Chamakh both come to mind)

I guess that's fair to say, but we definetley need to get someone in defense this transfer window... someone who actually can play in England unlike the countless amount of players we've signed before that play well abroad and fail to impress for us over here (Squillaci and Chamakh both come to mind)

I would LOVE if we sign a midfielder destroyer like Fellaini and M'villa, Diaby is made out of styrofoam

I would LOVE if we sign a midfielder destroyer like Fellaini and M'villa, Diaby is made out of styrofoam

Fellaini is staying he's pretty much said himself. He's prepared to see out his contract which is a relief. Though if a major offer came in, I doubt the board would be able to turn it down for obvious reasons. Though it would have to be substantial

Wenger recently stated that we are looking into strengthening every part of our squad. I personally think we should sign Leighton Baines from Everton, Yann M'vila from Rennes and Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace. An alternative to Baines would definitely be Luke Shaw as I think he will be great. He played very well against us yesterday and looked up for the challenge even getting forward he was good.

I really don't want us to sign Adrian Lopez as I've stated before.

What is what with you bigger clubs trying to destroy our left side? Jealousy? Scared of us or something :P

Back