The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Well if you believe reports out of Africa, we signed that Sunzu guy last month which still hasn't been confirmed by Arsenal so I don't see why we will sign a CB. Arsene Wenger said we are aware of Lewis Holtby as well because we played against him in the Champions League.

Well if you believe reports out of Africa, we signed that Sunzu guy last month which still hasn't been confirmed by Arsenal so I don't see why we will sign a CB. Arsene Wenger said we are aware of Lewis Holtby as well because we played against him in the Champions League.

Glad to hear we know of a guy that we've played against twice in the past 6 months. That's a cracking scout team.

Glad to hear we know of a guy that we've played against twice in the past 6 months. That's a cracking scout team.

Oh, Spuds just signed him. Guess we should have played Schalke earlier. Have we ever played Atheltic Bilbao? I hear Llorente is rather nice.

Oh, Spuds just signed him. Guess we should have played Schalke earlier. Have we ever played Atheltic Bilbao? I hear Llorente is rather nice.

Well Juve have all but nailed that one, too. You may end up signing someone from Brentford, though. They did play (and beat) you in recent times :P

Well Juve have all but nailed that one, too. You may end up signing someone from Brentford, though. They did play (and beat) you in recent times :P

I think you mean Bradford, but yes we could buy the whole team for Squid's wages. Not a bad investment.

It's funny how these players talk to the media and say they would love to play for a team like Arsenal (Vertonghen, Holtby) only to sign for Spurs in the end. Big rumor at the moment is we will sign David Villa from Barcelona. I heard a couple days ago that the big thing about this is we are still owed 8m from selling both Fabregas and Song to Barcelona and we will be trying to use that as a way to get him. Fee could be around 12-14m.

It's funny how these players talk to the media and say they would love to play for a team like Arsenal (Vertonghen, Holtby) only to sign for Spurs in the end. Big rumor at the moment is we will sign David Villa from Barcelona. I heard a couple days ago that the big thing about this is we are still owed 8m from selling both Fabregas and Song to Barcelona and we will be trying to use that as a way to get him. Fee could be around 12-14m.

Surely we could just spend that £12m-£14m on someone younger.

I think you mean Bradford, but yes we could buy the whole team for Squid's wages. Not a bad investment.

Indeed I meant Bradford. And surely they'd do a much better job than Squillaci. As a matter of fact, the difficult thing would be doing it any worse...

Surely we could just spend that £12m-£14m on someone younger.

Of course we could. And we've been doing it for years, and where has that got us? I think for someone of Villa's abilities, 14m to play for us maybe 2 years would be great. Plus he'd make an excellent tutor for the younger guys.

Of course we could. And we've been doing it for years, and where has that got us? I think for someone of Villa's abilities, 14m to play for us maybe 2 years would be great. Plus he'd make an excellent tutor for the younger guys.

Typical Arsenal and Arsene Wenger comment lol.

It would be a good buy don't get me wrong but he's not even first choice any more and that seems an awful lot of money for a squad player in the closing stages of his career.

Oh god what am I turning into.

Wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.

German outfit Bild is reporting Hannover is close to signing Djourou on loan for the rest of the season. Hannover wanted a buy out option for him but Arsenal declined. If this is true I really don't understand what we were thinking there.

German outfit Bild is reporting Hannover is close to signing Djourou on loan for the rest of the season. Hannover wanted a buy out option for him but Arsenal declined. If this is true I really don't understand what we were thinking there.

Agreed. Just weird. If we want him, don't loan him. If we don't want him, let there be a buy out. It's probably the case of not a big enough fee.

Aresene has a degree in economics, but maybe he should take some marketing classes. If you have merchandise on your shelf and its not selling, cut the price and move it. Then you can have better, shinier merchandise on the shelf.

Not putting in a buy clause isn't the worst thing ever. If he goes to Hannover and plays well then there is a better chance of more teams coming in for him should we still not want to keep him. If he plays poorly then Hannover wouldn't of taken the buy clause up and we would be back at square one.

Exactly as philly said.

We don't need to sell players as we don't need money. Only thing we need is their wages off wage budget and space in squad for new players as currently we have 25 registered. ( 24 since Chamakh is gone )

But the problem with that is come the summer they will be back on our wage budget and if we do buy then we have those we sent out on loan on our wages again and the ones we bought in January. You may say oh well we can just sell them in the summer but what if like last summer no one comes in for offers for those players? Then we are about to send them back out on loan for another season where we wouldn't be making any money just freeing up wages. We can't just keep sending players out on loan until their contracts are up.

Anyways we put out a strong squad today against Swansea let's hope we can get a result. Theo is back out on the wings as well with Giroud up top.

Koscielny and Mertersacker both shocking for the goal and shaky overall. Giroud injured, not looking great!

The def needs to wake up a little, they really arn't on the ball at all.

We have been the better side by far really. Should have scored in the second already but we are holding on to the ball too long. Mertesacker was shocking for that, no way a guy of his size should be muscled off as easily as he was.

Back