The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I personally think he would. I mean he came up through Arsenal's ranks loves the club and performs the best for the club day in and day out. I mean **** he even closed his twitter down just so he could focus on coming back from his injury!

Unless he spent 20hours a day on Twitter how did this help him? Look as "loyal" as any player is if Arsenal continue down the path they have been taking he will one day realise he wants to win trophies just like former players. It happens.

He certainly wouldn't leave for another Premier League club, i'd bet anything on it.

Wilshere will be to Arsenal what Gerrard has been (and still is really) to Liverpool. I hate the man but you can tell he is Arsenal through and through.

tbh how could you hate him, what has he done wrong ?

He's a gobshite, that and I never ever liked the look of him when he first played for Arsnenal getting up in players faces acting the big man (he's no Joey Barton tbf). **** of a talented player though.

He's a gobshite, that and I never ever liked the look of him when he first played for Arsnenal getting up in players faces acting the big man (he's no Joey Barton tbf). **** of a talented player though.

tbh i do agree with the getting up into players faces, god i hate joey barton haha

So you'd rather Soccer be a *****'s sport?

So you'd rather Soccer be a *****'s sport?

When did I ever say that? All I said was that Wilshere is a gobshite and used to think he's the big man. Besides, he got Kompany sent off for a perfectly good tackle, not exactly brave is he? ;)

Glad the Walcott contract is dealt with, would've preferred 5 and a half years, but oh well.

Great news for Arsenal fans, even though sometimes he runs like headless chicken his goal scoring record is up there with best in the league. He is a very good final third player and he can only improve as a player with regular games in his preferred position.

We're told Theo Walcott's new contract is worth £100,000-a-week.

And this is why you can't have nice things.

Theo signed! I didn't think this was going to happen, until all of a sudden it started to look like it was going to happen. And then it happened.

Who was seriously interested in Walcott, anyway? Chelsea can afford anyone they want, Man City can also afford anyone they want and in spite of a preference for Arsenal players they appear to have their fill after they missed out on RVP, Liverpool bought Sturridge, SAF seems smart enough to avoid Theor, and Theo seems smart enough to avoid Tottenham. So would he have gone to a midtable team? Not that Everton or Newcastle or the like are bad team, but certainly not offering more of a title challenge than Arsenal or Champions League potential.

Theo needs to prove that he's worth it and can be more than "consistent in patches." He needs to realize sometimes he needs to play on the wing, but sometimes he can play central striker. He's been great at times this season and anonymous at others. I hope this gives him the confidence to be a leader in the squad.

Overall, I think the point of Arsenal giving in is a sign that the talent drain is going to stop. I would have preferred we kept RVP or Fabregas over Theo of course, but at least a line has been drawn in the sand. Not sure we'll sign someone before the month ends, but I hope the house cleaning continues and continues in the summer so we can get some of those top, top, top, top players that are so hard to find and Arsenal can focus on building rather than maintaining a squad.

hope walcott becomes more constant now that this is dealt with. top goal scorer for us at the moment. go with the flow ;)

Glad the Walcott contract is dealt with, would've preferred 5 and a half years, but oh well.

same, would have liked him to sign a long one. i guess if **** happens and walcott flops like next season or something, then we could sell him easily since its just a 3 year one

um, let hope walcott delivers even more this time

Should not have been a goal, Coquelin was clearly fouled. Atkinson screwed that one up.

Back