The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Stupid penalty to give but really we have been poor. Giroud should have put us 1 up but that first goal hurt big. Clear foul on Coquelin and I am sure that is what Wenger will say as well.

Before the game:

"4 games in 10 days, this is their 3rd game after playing Swansea midweek and 10 men vs City.
So I'm expecting a big Chelsea win."

Called it. Shame it's coming true. Sadly our next game is three days later so it's going to be a tired side facing WHU.

feel sorry for wenger because he realy feels football with heavy heart hel be depressed despairing inside hope Walcott or somebody scores for wengers inner demons. I predicted 1-1 but wont be surprised if this turns into a 4-3 either way! Liverpool need mata ;)

Wenger out?

general question...

Why? Because we lost / are losing to two teams who have spent close to a billion on players over the past 4 years? Not hardly. If we don't improve the squad by the end of January then at the end of the season and only then we should consider it.

Why? Because we lost / are losing to two teams who have spent close to a billion on players over the past 4 years? Not hardly. If we don't improve the squad by the end of January then at the end of the season and only then we should consider it.

My personal Opinion,

- no trophy in what 7 or 8 years
- now a selling club
- generally going down the league table each season
- may not even get 4th this season
- likely to be another trophyless season
- Let Nasri, Rvp, Fabregas go then offer Walcott 100k a week!
- Selling Rvp to United is suicide, at least sell abroad.. Wenger has admitted selling Rvp would win United the title so why do it?
- Worst ever start under Wenger

Wenger was an amazing manager, at least 5 years ago...

Like i said only my opinion, but you dont seem to be going forward at the minute

Last edited:
We probably won't even get top 6 this season honestly. I agree with all those points but I certainly do not want us to pull the plug on him mid-season. Who right now could take over for him and improve us mid-season?

I gotta agree with Marshall on this, Arsenal are going downhill and it's sad to watch.
Don't really see the club letting him go but I think it's getting to the point where a change of manager might be the best thing for the club.

Dont get me wrong, the 'Chelsea' approach is wrong, and i admire the faith you have shown in Wenger

But whether its the board or the manager, something i feel needs to change

to be fair wengers backroom staff are not as free spending as Chelsea and citys chairmans etc I believe a lot arsenal sales have been pushed by the board more than wenger himself arsenal cash in a lot their stars more so while I agree to some LFCMarshalls points I can understand why wenger has been limited more recently (but hes a great scouting manager) as per boardroom. Liverpool are worse we're going midtable! ;)

to be fair wengers backroom staff are not as free spending as Chelsea and citys chairmans etc I believe a lot arsenal sales have been pushed by the board more than wenger himself arsenal cash in a lot their stars more so while I agree to some LFCMarshalls points I can understand why wenger has been limited more recently (but hes a great scouting manager) as per boardroom. Liverpool are worse we're going midtable! ;)

we were, but we changed it about to try and alter it, and as things stand were looking up

we had one of the worst starts ever, yet we are now 7th, with added options and potentially more players coming in..

Personally think Arsenal need a fresh approach before they fall too far behind

Yeah it's hard not to agree with Marshall. The problem isn't so much "what the club is", the fans should have a good idea of that - it's what other fans and players who may be attracted to the club perceive the club as; which right now is largely negative. This limits new players coming in.

I'm not expecting anything from this season except a potential 4th place finish, which gives us more money, but why? We don't spend it anyway. It's hard to understand the logic of selling Alex Song and not replacing him when we have no defensive midfielder beyond Coquelin, for example, who's still raw.

I don't think anyone minds letting Nasri go (he wanted to leave), RVP (he wanted to leave) or Fabregas (he wanted to go to his childhood club) but not replacing them when the money is there is irritating to say the least.

I'm not expecting a trophy any time soon, but it'd be nice to at least see the team being competitive and giving a ****.

Problem we had was we completely changed our style of play and lacked another striker to work with Suarez.
Team have gotten used to it now and the Sturridge signing looks like a great buy already + Borini is finally playing. Team are looking more confident and playing better nearly every week now.

ATM Arsenal need to do something of the same, just change things up to get the ball rolling again.

was there any subs at halftime ? Chelsea v arsenal? what would yall do to change things if wenger right now?? hmm

I somehow have this horrible feeling that we will forfeit a 2 goal lead for the second game running at the Bridge...

Back