The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Zola at Watford would be a good appointment but theres no chance he is leaving WFC. Not for Arsenal and not for anyone

Disagree with this personally, wouldn't want Zola anywhere near Arsenal at the moment.

Zola at Watford would be a good appointment but theres no chance he is leaving WFC. Not for Arsenal and not for anyone

Surely he would leave Watford for Chelsea.

Jurgen Klopp would still be my number 1 replacement for Wenger but he's an idea. It's the summer 2014, Germany just had a terrible world cup (highly doubtful) Joachim Low was fired and they hire Klopp. What about Joachim Low at Arsenal? Yes I understand the probability of that happening is very low but I think that would be a great addition.

Surely he would leave Watford for Chelsea.

Nope. There is no reason to leave. We are on fantastic form and looking like we are going to get the play offs at least and have a real good chance of automatic promotion. He knows his job is safe no matter what happens. The Pozzo family have full faith in him. If he goes to Chelsea and dosent win the FA cup, league cup, champions league and premier league, and plays Torres in every single game for 90 mins he gets sacked. It's not as if he needs the wages either.

He is certainly flourishing here in the past couple of games. Only saw his first goal from yesterday but boy was that a nice goal. Wenger says we are still trying to sign a striker but I really don't think we need one at the moment. We need a defensive midfield type player the most. I actually would love to see what Diame would do for us.

Zola? What on earth has he done to achieve the Arsenal job? His squad is full of players that are far too good for that division.. Not to mention the fact he completely bottled it at West Ham.

Arsenal should sign Villa in the summer. He is twice as good as Walcott and Giroud

Giroud's been quite good recently, as has Walcott. It is Giroud's first season at the club after all, and has was hardly signed for a fortune - indeed around the same as what Liverpool are putting down to have a punt on Coutinho. The problem with the side isn't in attack, it's with the woeful defending. I thought we'd sign M'bia but seems he went/is going to to Newcastle for close to £10m. Considering Djourou is on the way out, this seems like money well spent considering.

Zola? What on earth has he done to achieve the Arsenal job? His squad is full of players that are far too good for that division.. Not to mention the fact he completely bottled it at West Ham.

What RDM done to get the Chelsea job? Yet he still won the FA cup and the champions league

What RDM done to get the Chelsea job? Yet he still won the FA cup and the champions league

So basically you're saying we should sign Zola because he could play with XI men behind the ball and potentially win us the CL by luck? Surely we could sign a random league 2 manager and he'd have roughly the same chance of that happening, then.

Regardless, that's exactly what Arsenal don't need. It has to be someone to continue Wenger's work and puts faith in the large amount of youth at the club plus be able to prise money from the board as it becomes available. Someone still learning their trade is probably not the best option.

Zola plays a passing game and has faith in the youth at Watford. I said Chelsea won the champions league by luck and got hammered for it on here. Your right you wouldnt win the champions league with Zola, Wenger or anyone you simply dont have enough determination which is what Chelsea won it off. When the going gets tough the Arsenal players go and hide. Only Wilshere shines when a games gets tough.

Zola plays a passing game and has faith in the youth at Watford. I said Chelsea won the champions league by luck and got hammered for it on here. Your right you wouldnt win the champions league with Zola, Wenger or anyone you simply dont have enough determination which is what Chelsea won it off. When the going gets tough the Arsenal players go and hide. Only Wilshere shines when a games gets tough.

Yes... but nobody is saying we will the champions league, apart from you?

So you basically decided you'd say "You know what you need to win the Champions League? Zola! But wait, you're right, you won't win it with him, Wenger or anyone because Arsenal don't have the bottle for it. Chelsea showed how it's done and that's why they won it!"

You do realise Arsenal fans watch their team play, right? Everyone is well aware of the problems with the team and the proper ones don't stop being fans because you don't look likely to win any trophies at the end of the season. In fact the majority of fans of clubs in most leagues expect nothing at all by the end of the season except to enjoy their team play and still remain fans.

How anyone can be bothered to reply to the troll is beyond me. He's been trolling around the forum for a few weeks now and people seem to fall for it every single time.

Yes... but nobody is saying we will the champions league, apart from you?

So you basically decided you'd say "You know what you need to win the Champions League? Zola! But wait, you're right, you won't win it with him, Wenger or anyone because Arsenal don't have the bottle for it. Chelsea showed how it's done and that's why they won it!"

You do realise Arsenal fans watch their team play, right? Everyone is well aware of the problems with the team and the proper ones don't stop being fans because you don't look likely to win any trophies at the end of the season. In fact the majority of fans of clubs in most leagues expect nothing at all by the end of the season except to enjoy their team play and still remain fans.
Haha. Now that is how you change someones words!

How anyone can be bothered to reply to the troll is beyond me. He's been trolling around the forum for a few weeks now and people seem to fall for it every single time.

I actually think he isn't trolling. Other option is far more plausible.

We got Blackburn in 5th round.

Last edited:
Another reason to not get Zola, doesn't he have like 8 on loan players from Italy?

Can't really say he's going to successfully build for the future if he pulls in players on short term loans to build short term success. Now obviously Watford don't have the resources that Arsenal have, and perhaps he was forced into having to rely on these loan moves, but what suggestion is there that he would be able to make the team better? There just isn't.

Another reason to not get Zola, doesn't he have like 8 on loan players from Italy?

Can't really say he's going to successfully build for the future if he pulls in players on short term loans to build short term success. Now obviously Watford don't have the resources that Arsenal have, and perhaps he was forced into having to rely on these loan moves, but what suggestion is there that he would be able to make the team better? There just isn't.

Agreed, Zola's team isn't so much Watford as Udinese Reserves.

Back