The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Zola has players on loan from Italy because Watford is owned by the same guy that owns Granada and Udinese, and he loans players from one club to the other as he sees fit. Half of Granada's squad for the past three years was loaned by Udinese.

Watford have signed some of there players permanently and are going to sign most of them at the end of the season.

Zola? What on earth has he done to achieve the Arsenal job? His squad is full of players that are far too good for that division.. Not to mention the fact he completely bottled it at West Ham.

How did he bottle it by keeping them up and then getting sacked?

Zola has players on loan from Italy because Watford is owned by the same guy that owns Granada and Udinese, and he loans players from one club to the other as he sees fit. Half of Granada's squad for the past three years was loaned by Udinese.

He still has to manage them though?

What RDM done to get the Chelsea job? Yet he still won the FA cup and the champions league

Wasn't he the assistant manager? He took over temporarily, and happened to do a decent job but it's not always whether or not you win the trophy, it's how you win it.

Watford have signed some of there players permanently and are going to sign most of them at the end of the season.

You know like, literally nothing will change with their contracts? The owners can transfer players 'permanently' between their three clubs as they wish.. Watford are lucky to have the owners they do, you've been given a lot of players that would be more at home in the Premier League

How did he bottle it by keeping them up and then getting sacked?

Tbf, he was up against it with those ******* mongs that run West Ham.. Maybe I'm being unfair, he showed some potential but not enough to warrant a job at a top English side.

Agreed, Zola's team isn't so much Watford as Udinese Reserves.

TBF, these players aren't reserves.. They are mostly players that have played first team football at Udinese or at other clubs before Udinese brought them.. I think Udinese have something like 125 (professional)players at the club.

Last edited:
It's not just down to the owners but to the players as well. And seeing as there is going to be a new tv deal in the prem next year the owners will want Watford to keep the players who are their on loan and the players who have signed permanently. And if Zola says they arent good enough then the owners will get Watford some better players

TBF, these players aren't reserves.. They are mostly players that have played first team football at Udinese or at other clubs before Udinese brought them.. I think Udinese have something like 125 (professional)players at the club.

To be fair they are waste and strays more than anything. Top scorer Vydra played twice for Udinese. You can chuck the best players in the world together in a team but it doesn't mean they are guarenteed to play well buddy. Zola deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.

To be fair they are waste and strays more than anything. Top scorer Vydra played twice for Udinese. You can chuck the best players in the world together in a team but it doesn't mean they are guarenteed to play well buddy. Zola deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.

Not enough credit to link him with the Arsenal job, that's for sure.

Zola plays a passing game and has faith in the youth at Watford. I said Chelsea won the champions league by luck and got hammered for it on here. Your right you wouldnt win the champions league with Zola, Wenger or anyone you simply dont have enough determination which is what Chelsea won it off. When the going gets tough the Arsenal players go and hide. Only Wilshere shines when a games gets tough.

This makes no sense whatsoever. And no Zola doesnt deserve to get anywhere near the Arsenal squad.

Can we rename this the Watford thread? Why would we want a Chelsea legend as an Arsenal manager anyway?

Even tho Barca have said time and time again he wont leave in Jan?...

It's only matter of money. Of course they will say that. Consider them saying he can leave? Price tag would drop immediately. They get more money by standing firm.

Well Arsenal will have to pay €16 million for someone the wrong side of 30. That's what Barca have said they would sell him for in the summer. Can't see Wenger doing that.

Can we rename this the Watford thread? Why would we want a Chelsea legend as an Arsenal manager anyway?

Why should that matter? If a Luton legend became manager of Watford and did well I wouldnt care. If a Pools legend came and managed Darlo and he got us back into the football league I wouldnt care.

It was only a matter of time that the rumors started up again with David Villa going to Arsenal especially after Wenger said this weekend we are still in for a striker. I personally don't see it happening it might as a loan to buy deal though.

Back