The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
No thanks to that.

Draxler, Jovetic/Benteke , Gonalons/Kondogbia and Cheikhou Koyate along with either Adler/Begovic would be my dream summer.

I'd like to see Lukaku added to that list, but he wouldn't come cheap if at all.

Benteke would be a great capture, I like his style of play and he's wasted at Villa. Also Begovic is still improving so he'd be a good buy.

I'd like to see Lukaku added to that list, but he wouldn't come cheap if at all.

Benteke would be a great capture, I like his style of play and he's wasted at Villa. Also Begovic is still improving so he'd be a good buy.

Though about Lukaku, but I don't think we can get him unless Chelsea really go for Falcao/Gomez and keep Torres.

Benteke would be perfect. Don't wish Villa to go down, but that would help us getting him. He might even be better for us than Jovetic especially if get someone like Draxler to play in wings.

Wonder if Benteke has a relegation release clause on his contract ? just like a demba ba signing :P

As pathetic and stupid as our club is there is no way we will sell Lukaku especially to Arsenal........I think....... i hope

As pathetic and stupid as our club is there is no way we will sell Lukaku especially to Arsenal........I think....... i hope

I'm not confident about it too, truthfully. It happens, though. Lassana Diarra, transfer deadline day 07-08? But then he went to Pompey, so probably an invalid argument. Then he went to Madrid lol

Yeah you can't get much more stupid than selling to a direct rival for position (and a local rival too). Not happening.

Although I do think Chelsea should play the guy soon, he looks **** good.

Yeah you can't get much more stupid than selling to a direct rival for position (and a local rival too). Not happening.

Yet we still sold RvP to United... :(

Yet we still sold RvP to United... :(

He was a gamble for Utd, which paid out. We did good to get 24m out of a player on his last year with injury record of his. Only problem with that is that we couldn't manage to get replacement in after that as Giroud was never going to be enough. For me Giroud was always player coming in to replace Chamakh not RVP.

I'd personally play him next season but that makes sense so it won't happen.

The only thing that would be actually accurate in those rumors is we do have a buy back clause. Although he probably will not return this soon. Jovetic rumors are heating up though.

The only thing that would be actually accurate in those rumors is we do have a buy back clause. Although he probably will not return this soon. Jovetic rumors are heating up though.

You don't. But you do have % of next sale clause which is quite high so you could get him for a cut price.

He was a gamble for Utd, which paid out. We did good to get 24m out of a player on his last year with injury record of his. Only problem with that is that we couldn't manage to get replacement in after that as Giroud was never going to be enough. For me Giroud was always player coming in to replace Chamakh not RVP.
A gamble? He has only played less than 25 games for 2 season for Arsenal. He is not a injury prone as people think.

I don't think it's been mentioned, but I'm pumped that Ramsey is on good form. He is playing box to box and being a leader, precisely what we need from him.

You don't. But you do have % of next sale clause which is quite high so you could get him for a cut price.

Because it's that way on FM so it must be right. We have bunch of clauses on him. Among them first refusal if he is to be sold from Barca.

A gamble? He has only played less than 25 games for 2 season for Arsenal. He is not a injury prone as people think.

Yes gamble. He is turning 30 next season. Cant even remember how many injuries he has had with us and United paid something like 24m for him. Add all these things up and it's a gamble.

Because it's that way on FM so it must be right. We have bunch of clauses on him. Among them first refusal if he is to be sold from Barca.

Well that wasent my reasoning but looks like FM have got it right on this one. Doesnt matter what clauses you have he wont go back because it would cost you at the very least £35million. And I think we both know Wenger wont spend that type of money.

EDIT: You have first refusal but not a "if you offer x we have to accept" clause.

Last edited:
Back