The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Nonetheless, it's a truth.

It is true, yeah. But Arsenal need to focus on improving their first 11 before they worry about who's filling their bench.

Mannone is also looking to leave this summer from what I've heard. Both him and Fabianski have 1-year left on their deals and have some interest from clubs.

Szczesny isn't exactly established as our #1 so joining us would be good option for either of those 3. Can't remember any European side which is looking for a new #1 keeper except Barcelona if they sell Valdes and they are going for ter Stegen.

I agree Stekelenburg would've been good choice.

Sure, but Szczesny has a lot of potential, he's only 23, and bringing in somebody like Begovic would stunt his development more than Fabianski or Mannone. But I guess in terms of the immediate future maybe a new keeper is the ideal solution.

I honestly believe the players Wenger signs this season will determine whether Arsenal go forward and start to challenge more with the top 3 or drop even close down to the chasing pack.

Also I am waiting for rumors to start to pop up saying we are interested in Lewandowski. We should definitely look at him with Dortmund saying they won't sell to Bayern.

Imo we have more of a chance of buying Rooney than we do Higuain or Jovetic.

Rooney's still an option, but Higuain is prolly the better choice imo. Real wants a manager first before selling anyone. Ancelloti Madrid bound.

Doubt the Cesar deal won't be completed before the Confederations Cup. I expect us to sign Fellaini but not sure who else after that. I heard rumors we are not even looking at Ashley Williams.

Doubt the Cesar deal won't be completed before the Confederations Cup. I expect us to sign Fellaini but not sure who else after that. I heard rumors we are not even looking at Ashley Williams.

Afro's got a 24m release clause, and wants to come to Arsenal. Oh rumors ;)
Arsenal transfers: Marouane Fellaini fancies move but Everton's £23m release clause is a problem for Wenger - Mirror Online

Cesar deal should be done and dusted after Confeds Cup. Most likely see Vito or Fabianski (1 year still left) leave the club this summer too. So that leaves us with 3 GK options Wojo, Cesar, Fab/Vito. No rumors of Ashley Williams ? Maybe wenger is gonna play the lost and forgotten Miquel or sign someone, surely.

I've heard we are about to sign Xavi.

10-year old Xavi Pleguezuelo Selva , younger brother of Julio Pleguezuelo Selva who's also signing for us.
Also won the race to sign the the next "Ibrahimovic" Jamaal Raage from brommapojkarna. Were up against Utd for him.

I've heard we are about to sign Xavi.

10-year old Xavi Pleguezuelo Selva , younger brother of Julio Pleguezuelo Selva who's also signing for us.
Also won the race to sign the the next "Ibrahimovic" Jamaal Raage from brommapojkarna. Were up against Utd for him.

Didn't Man City win the race to sign the next Ibrahimovic? Or was that a different next Ibrahimovic? lol, young players get so hyped up too easily.

EDIT: Sorry that was another next Ibrahimovic, Manchester City agree deal for 'next Ibrahimovic' Zacharias Faour - Goal.com

Now I know I'm not an agent or a journalist or anything but I've just been told this so thought I'd pass it on - being silly season and my mother being involved anyway.

My mum works for a really rich Asian guy, and she does real estate which involves selling/renting rather large houses for vast amounts of money. She's been told that tomorrow she's got a viewing for a house for a gentleman who is willing to pay £16K worth of rent p/m. He has a wife and two daughters and is looking for a house as he's on the verge of signing for Arsenal. I have no name, no age, no current team. That's all my mum knows. She's meeting the player and his agent tomorrow to look at the house and discuss figures.

My initial thought was Cesar, but he is currently in Brazil with the Brazil team and I highly doubt they'd let him fly back to look at a house when he already lives in London and has a game on Wednesday.

I then thought it may be Higuain, but according to his Wiki page he has no children and isn't married either.

So I have no idea who it is, but it seems like Arsenal are about to sign someone. She's going to get a name tomorrow when she meets him and told me she'll try and get a picture but obviously that's not always possible.

Just thought I'd pass that on, not expecting people to believe me as I realise it sounds like a story of his mother's, auntie's, cousins, daughter's dog. But hey, it's silly transfer season so why not. Any ideas who it may be?

Not after the U21 Euros he had. Fixtures out tomorrow. Can't wait to see who we play first.

@REDactionAFC is going to post up Arsenal's opening fixture of the season at 8pm.

Arsenal at home to Southampton first day of the season.

Arsenal at home to Southampton first day of the season.

You need to find a better source.

FOOTBALL FIXTURESPREMIER LEAGUE OPENING DAY FIXTURES:
Saturday, 17 August 2013
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Aston Villa
Chelsea v Hull
Crystal Palace v Tottenham
Liverpool v Stoke
Man City v Newcastle
Norwich v Everton
Sunderland v Fulham
Swansea v Man Utd