The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sky Sports reporting Arsenal close to signing Higuain for 22m and 100k a week wages. They apparently also said they are quietly confident of signing Fellaini.

Sky Sports reporting Arsenal close to signing Higuain for 22m and 100k a week wages. They apparently also said they are quietly confident of signing Fellaini.

I think Higgy transfer will be confirmed as soon as Ancelotti's officially appointed.

Grimandi is watching Kondogbia at U20 WC and we might try to snap him up as soon as it ends. Both him and Sanogo scored against Ghana.

Tin Jedvaj who was about to sign for Roma for 5mil € from Dinamo is rumoured to be now joining us for as much as over £7mil.

Also Hamburg interested in Djourou. I'd like a deal involving Adler, but we'll see.

Well we better get Higuain now as we have linked with him for quite a while now

Rumor has it that Higuain and Julio Cesar could be announced as Arsenal players on Friday, I believe the Higuain one but doubt the Julio Cesar one as he is at the Confed Cup.

With Tevez to Juventus, Higuain is looking more and more like a reality (as far as transfer reality goes).

Rooney would be a media coup...

but we don't need him, and probably shouldn't take him unless we get a deal on him. Blow 20+ million plus 150k+ pw wages, when we could use that for Fellaini?

Confused as to why people want Rooney, especially if we get Higuain.

Confused as to why people want Rooney, especially if we get Higuain.

United fans weren't confused when they signed van Persie even when they had Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck.

I don't see how it would effect us getting Fellaini? Apparently we have the money to splash and really those three players would cost what 66m?

Well, Cesar should be around 1m due to his release clause, so it seems stupid to not sign him considering his experience and his performances for QPR.

As for Rooney, I think it's more the need for a player who is able to unlock the defence of top sides, and whilst Cazorla is excellent he's only one guy, Wilshere doesn't have the final ball yet and Arteta isn't that type of player. Somebody who is able to run at a defence and play a good pass would be very useful in the current side. It just seems that Rooney captures the imagination more, but I'm sure there are good players available who are in better form than Rooney. If anything I'd rather leave him at Utd, his constant need for drama should keep Moyes busy, plus I doubt he'd come anyway.

Lets hope its a Friday/Saturday announcement on afc.com for Higuain. Pretty sure wenger wants him before departing to Vietnam.

And yes, Arshavin is back at Zenit. Good luck to him. the 4 goals at Anfield, and the winning goal against Barca :)

"May time and nostalgia bestow Petrovic-esque cult status on your time with the Gunners"
http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/arshavin-very-glad-to-have-zenit-deal-confirmed

United fans weren't confused when they signed van Persie even when they had Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck.

I don't see how it would effect us getting Fellaini? Apparently we have the money to splash and really those three players would cost what 66m?

Man United often play with 2 up top.

One ST isn't necessary, let alone two.

I don't see why Rooney can't play behind Higuain with Cazorla out wide since we are thinking about getting rid of Gervinho.

I don't see why Rooney can't play behind Higuain with Cazorla out wide since we are thinking about getting rid of Gervinho.

We're not going to sell you Rooney...

We dont sell players who could be a real threat domestically

I'd love Cazorla and Walcott out side with some pro in the middle with a good final ball.. but those players cost a fortune. It'd give a good balance to the side though.

[video=youtube;yVFkMD9eDC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVFkMD9eDC0[/video]

Found this nice video about Arsenal

Back