The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I've read that the 3 years contract was wrong info. It's actually the fee that's payed in 3 years, hope it's true.

Give it time, Higuain appears to be in London, likely just started talks with Arsenal. All this salary talk nonsense from a couple weeks ago was pure conjecture. Arsenal had no right to talk to him or his agent until probably yesterday.

Higuain deal to be announced when we present the new yellow away kit next week tuesday ? invincible yellow :)

Apparently Real Madrid want more than the 23m we offered for him and we haven't agreed a fee with them yet.

or maybe they don't like the 3 year installments...which is why they are asking for more money. Same as in football manager.

or maybe they don't like the 3 year installments...which is why they are asking for more money. Same as in football manager.

We usually pay fully on front. That's why we got Cazorla so cheaply.

You can't trust quotes of fees from newspapers, they're seriously retarded where that is concerned.. More often than not, fees get distorted because "journalists" muddle exchange rates or don't take them into account at all.

1011866_10201412063004293_1349948706_n.jpg

Just in case some of you haven't noticed...Yaya has a real shot at finishing the U20 World Cup with the Golden Boot.

He is pretty tall in the games I've seen him and has a lot of room to fill out (weight wise). He could be an extremely physical player at his peak (strong, fast, tall) and has very good technical ability when striking the ball.

Just in case some of you haven't noticed...Yaya has a real shot at finishing the U20 World Cup with the Golden Boot.

Quite. If he stays out of the injury room, which so far, he hasn't.

Good to see he's got proper Arsenal DNA, that one.

Quite. If he stays out of the injury room, which so far, he hasn't.

Good to see he's got proper Arsenal DNA, that one.

The day before the uzbekistan game, he was sent to the hospital for a rib issue...he played the next day (and scored) with a bruised rib.

So he broke his leg and he comes from Auxerre, that doesn't make him Diaby.

Van Persie has an extensive injury history as well. **** happens. When Yaya gets diagnosed with that muscular problem that Abou has, then I'll worry.

Now that Real have signed Illarramendi we have good chance of signing Kondogbia from Seville. Would be bargain for 8m and allow us to spend more on more critical areas.

Linked in Brazilian papers with Bernard for 22m. Would be perfect player to take Gervinho's place in team as he looks to be joining his old boss at Roma.

Also Liverpool have rejected our second bid for Suarez thought to be in region of 32m-35m

After failed transfer to Frankfurt Bendtner has been linked with move to Hull. Has played for Bruce 2 times already so in a way would make sense.

First off, no chance we get Kondogbia for as little as 8m. Second the team looked great in the first pre-season match of the year. The youngsters impressed particularly Zelalem, Gnabry, Akpom and Olsson. Also we are supposedly getting ready to offer Liverpool 35m for Suarez or 36m and Bendtner.

lol, so we'll pay liverpool an extra million if they'll take bendtner off our hands? That's a cracking deal.

First off, no chance we get Kondogbia for as little as 8m. Second the team looked great in the first pre-season match of the year. The youngsters impressed particularly Zelalem, Gnabry, Akpom and Olsson. Also we are supposedly getting ready to offer Liverpool 35m for Suarez or 36m and Bendtner.

Maybe not 8m, but not much more either as Sevilla doesn't own his full contract. The company which does has clause that if 8m or more is offered player will be allowed to talk. Or that's whats widely reported.

Yea watched highlights from the match. Especially 2nd half looked really good. Giroud showed good touches and those 2 goals will do him good for start of season. I hope some of youngsters will get good loan moves this year which they really need so they can try to force themselves into first team.

Anyone know where I can watch the highlights of that match?

and also, Liverpool confirmed that Arsenal made a bid for Suarez...

this whole penny pinching thing seems to be in the rearview mirror.

All it really tells me is, yes we bid for players but we put bids in that we knew would be rejected. I mean if you want to believe what some people are saying its that we will sign Fabregas back from Barca this summer...

Back