The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
All it really tells me is, yes we bid for players but we put bids in that we knew would be rejected. I mean if you want to believe what some people are saying its that we will sign Fabregas back from Barca this summer...

Signing decent or good players is easy and quick... signing world class players is slow business. We will see in the end how we fared in the market.

Maybe Suarez doesn't want to leave, or Pool think they can get even more from Madrid. That doesn't mean we didn't offer a fair amount. Regardless, it appears our days of offering <20 is over and we aren't afraid to make bids on world class players. Makes you wonder what other deals lurk behind closed doors.

Maybe Suarez doesn't want to leave, or Pool think they can get even more from Madrid. That doesn't mean we didn't offer a fair amount. Regardless, it appears our days of offering <20 is over and we aren't afraid to make bids on world class players. Makes you wonder what other deals lurk behind closed doors.

I think that Ayre comment on our bid was just to encourage competition for his signature. Pretty sure they are resigned to selling him, but not for less then their valuation.

id just like to say that girouds first goal screamed class. excellent technique and creativ8ty!

id just like to say that girouds first goal screamed class. excellent technique and creativ8ty!

Yea it was nice little sneaky goal. Second was great aswell, though bit lucky as Sagna's service was sloppy.

Not even Arsenal are cheap enough to offer just 30m for Cavani, that guy's one of many (too many, if you ask me) so called "ITK" who actually know **** all but are not only happy to spout nonsense on twitter, but are way too easily believed by stupid (or, at the very least, excessively hopeful) fans. People tend to believe some random idiot in twitter who claims that his club is close to signing Messi rather than more "serious" media -although I'm not sure such a thing exists anymore- reporting actual targets, deals in the making and, if you're lucky, even providing reliable sources or quotes to justify the information.

In short, I hate twitter.

Not even Arsenal are cheap enough to offer just 30m for Cavani, that guy's one of many (too many, if you ask me) so called "ITK" who actually know **** all but are not only happy to spout nonsense on twitter, but are way too easily believed by stupid (or, at the very least, excessively hopeful) fans. People tend to believe some random idiot in twitter who claims that his club is close to signing Messi rather than more "serious" media -although I'm not sure such a thing exists anymore- reporting actual targets, deals in the making and, if you're lucky, even providing reliable sources or quotes to justify the information.

I'm not saying I believe the guy. Just said he now has said who the mystery guy was who he was referring back then.

I don't trust everything media writes and I trust less what these guys write. Still there are some truths among all the garbage and even this guy had Cazorla right last summer before anyone else and Monreal in january.

Also 30m starting bid wouldn't be too cheap for Cavani. WC striker, but not worth 60+m which PSG have paid for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...as-transfer-window-speculation-continues.html

Marry me.

Marry me.
I'm still taking my chances with women, but hey, maybe in a few years' time...

Slightly more on topic, spanish media reporting Cazorla has agreed terms with Atlético Madrid. Now that would be a shocking deal, even for Arsenal standards.

Slightly more on topic, spanish media reporting Cazorla has agreed terms with Atlético Madrid. Now that would be a shocking deal, even for Arsenal standards.

I wouldn't be surprised. Neither should you. We all know Arsenal.

I know Arsenal the last few years have sold key players but Cazorla to Atletico really? Isn't exactly a huge step up like previous players have taken and would he really want to leave London after just a year unless he is homesick or something?

we could probably get a nice chunk of that falcao fee. it also makes room for cesc. with that said...cazorla links up nicely with our team and hes exciting to watch. only way he leaves is from personal issues and a large fee.

Only thing I can think of is he wants to leave & is homesick. He's had a good season, good value for him, but we arn't going to be replacing him any time soon unless Wenger is thinking of rebalancing the side around another quality player in his position.

Still, we really need to -not- be selling hard working, talented players, we're a few short from a realistic challenge for trophies as it is..

Atletico have denied any move on Cazorla as we have we also.

Also Santos about to join Flamengo.

Flamengo wants Santos be released from his contract or they are only willing to sign him on loan. Wouldn't mind us seeing his contract terminated seeing as he adds nothing to the team now.

Also we are still heavily linked with Suarez and Rooney is even coming back into the frame. Heard from a couple people that Wenger would like to sign two of either Higuain, Rooney and Suarez. That would be huge for us.

why dont we just sell santos for free then. or we could offer him for a young prospect.

I've been an Arsenal fan for nearly 20 years, and I've seen all the key players come and go. But Cazorla is the one I really don't want to ;eave. I think he's a fantastic player.

Luckily, I don't think it will happen.

I'd prefer Suarez and Higuain tbh, and a DM... and a new goalkeeper .. though seems we totally lost out with Julio Cesar, not quite sure what happened there..

Back