The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Wenger just confirmed that the club is no where near any major signings.Higuian looks a dead deal now.

I'm in a minority, but I don't want a big deal for the sake of a big deal.

I'd love Suarez or Rooney, cos they'd improve the team a lot. But Higuain isn't worth more than 15 mil imo.

I am pretty sure we won't get Higuain. I still think it is very possible that we could sign Rooney or Suarez. Also Andre Santos has had his contract cancelled and has joined Flamengo on a 2 year deal.

Also Andre Santos has had his contract cancelled and has joined Flamengo on a 2 year deal.

Where did you see this? I only heard he'd be joining them on a 1 year loan deal? Better if his contract was cancelled for everybody though.

Heh Jovetic confirmed to City. Good lord, sugar-daddy clubs already picked the market clean and we're only at half of summer.

I wouldn't pay more than 28m for Gonzo. He's an extremely talented player with the right mental attributes who gets overshadowed because he plays on arguably the most talented team in the world. His goal rate (3rd best in La Liga behind CR7 and Messi) is a testament to his quality.

Personally, I'd take him over just about any available (or previously available) striker.

Waste of 6.2m on that Santos transfer, plus his wages, totally useless..

I do agree with you when it comes to Higuain though, Wenger needs to step up and spend (we keep saying this..). Supposedly we've already managed to agree terms with several players but we just arn't spending the extra few million their clubs demand. If we're prepared to **** away millions on average players like Santos who contribute nothing.. I don't see why spending an extra 5m for a quality defender or 10m for a quality striker is going to damage the bank so much.

I'd prefer Suarez and Higuain tbh, and a DM... and a new goalkeeper .. though seems we totally lost out with Julio Cesar, not quite sure what happened there..

It appears Napoli aren't getting him either, maybe that swings back to us?

I certainly wouldn't spend 40m on Higuain. He's a great striker no doubt about it but I don't think he is worth 40m.

According to reports we will bid 41m for Suarez on Monday. I believe the next two weeks will be very vital for us in the transfer market. Also apparently Nacho and Laurent have picked up injuries. Nacho could be out until October or November but Laurent's isn't serious.

If I was Liverpool manager, I wouldn't accept it.

However, if I was Liverpool owner, I would think about it strongly. I doubt Suarez will command as much again.

If I was Liverpool manager, I wouldn't accept it.

However, if I was Liverpool owner, I would think about it strongly. I doubt Suarez will command as much again.

Still 10 million off yet...getting higher though...

Back