The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Suarez > Higuain any day of the week. If you have a manager who can actually manage him properly then you are in business.

They allowed El Shaarawy and his agent to talk to clubs after some considerable offers according to Galliani. El Shaarawy said to Galliani he doesn't want to leave Milan and after that Milan said he isn't for sale.

He is good player, but for that kind of money I'd first go for Reus rather than El Shaarawy.

Why would Reus want to join us though? At the moment he is at the Champions League and Bundesliga Runners-up, and we can no longer say the Premier League is far better than any other league. If Dortmund were willing to sell, the only 2 places I think he'd go is Bayern or Real.

Suarez > Higuain any day of the week. If you have a manager who can actually manage him properly then you are in business.

Higuain has the 3rd best goal to game ratio in La Liga, behind Messi and Ronaldo. In my opinion, Higuain is better than Suarez. Not to mention Suarez is an utter c*nt who I don't think any manager could change.

Personally, I'd rather have Higuaín than Suarez. Yes, Suarez was the second top goalscorer in the Premier League last season, but his attitude is a big concern for me. Higuaín is more than capable in front of goal, and is the cheaper option. But, I have also been impressed by Giroud's form in the Asia tour. What's his total now, six? And Gideon Zelalem looks fantastic for a sixteen year old. Some of the passes he's been making, you'd think he's been in the game for years.

Eventhough I knew Zelalem was good some of his passes have been unbelievable for 16-year old. Needs to bulk up and get some more experience from U-21's this season, but I think in a year we might be seeing more of him in first team.

Higuain also had the likes of Ozil, Modric, Alonso feeding him passes.

Why would Reus want to join us though? At the moment he is at the Champions League and Bundesliga Runners-up, and we can no longer say the Premier League is far better than any other league. If Dortmund were willing to sell, the only 2 places I think he'd go is Bayern or Real.

I think he'd want to join us as much as El Shaarawy would.

Higuain has the 3rd best goal to game ratio in La Liga, behind Messi and Ronaldo. In my opinion, Higuain is better than Suarez. Not to mention Suarez is an utter c*nt who I don't think any manager could change.

But Higuain isn't a game changer like Suarez. Higuain would be good addition, but IMO Suarez would be better.

I think he'd want to join us as much as El Shaarawy would.

But Higuain isn't a game changer like Suarez. Higuain would be good addition, but IMO Suarez would be better.

Why would he move to a lower club though, away from his own country and especially in a World Cup year?

You still have to get in the positions and finish it.

Well that's precisely the point. Higuain is great poacher and will bang goals as long as he has well-oiled midfield machine behind him.

Suarez... can do that as well, but he can also sometimes carry the game, on his own. And thats a great addition to any team, to have that guy who can pull some crazy stunt even if you're playing completely ****, and make those 8-10 extar points a season.

Well that's precisely the point. Higuain is great poacher and will bang goals as long as he has well-oiled midfield machine behind him.

Suarez... can do that as well, but he can also sometimes carry the game, on his own. And thats a great addition to any team, to have that guy who can pull some crazy stunt even if you're playing completely ****, and make those 8-10 extar points a season.

But we have the ability to create chances, in lots of games where we lose - and deserve to - we still create alot of chances, but too often we have nobody to finish them. Personally, I would rather have Higuain than Suarez, partly because I think Higuain is a better player, but mainly because I think you'd be naive to think Wenger to change Luis. Mancini thought that about Balotelli, and look how that worked out...

But we have the ability to create chances, in lots of games where we lose - and deserve to - we still create alot of chances, but too often we have nobody to finish them. Personally, I would rather have Higuain than Suarez, partly because I think Higuain is a better player, but mainly because I think you'd be naive to think Wenger to change Luis. Mancini thought that about Balotelli, and look how that worked out...

Mancini is not the best manager to talk about when it comes to man-management.

In some of those games we didn't really create real chances. Some ****** ones yes, but no real goal scoring chances.

That didn't work out so well for Mancini, but look at Balotelli now back in Italy... He's still crazy, but now playing for the club he supported as a boy and thriving.

In some of those games we didn't really create real chances. Some ****** ones yes, but no real goal scoring chances.

That didn't work out so well for Mancini, but look at Balotelli now back in Italy... He's still crazy, but now playing for the club he supported as a boy and thriving.

But poachers as good as Higuain only need half-decent chances. And would Suarez be happier at Arsenal than at Liverpool? Sure we are a better team, but the majority of their fans idolise him, and the team is built pretty much solely around him.

There are only 2 reasons I think that he wants to leave:
1) He wants to play Champions League Football (check)
2) He wants to get away from the media spotlight that in England we put on high-profile players. Which would still happen if he were to join Arsenal.

I just can't see him changing if he stays in England (Or anywhere for that matter, but on the continent they accept it)

But poachers as good as Higuain only need half-decent chances. And would Suarez be happier at Arsenal than at Liverpool? Sure we are a better team, but the majority of their fans idolise him, and the team is built pretty much solely around him.

There are only 2 reasons I think that he wants to leave:
1) He wants to play Champions League Football (check)
2) He wants to get away from the media spotlight that in England we put on high-profile players. Which would still happen if he were to join Arsenal.

I just can't see him changing if he stays in England (Or anywhere for that matter, but on the continent they accept it)

Higuain is more than a poacher.

Also its pretty fair to say that reason 2 is nonsense made up by Suarez.

They are pretty similar players to be honest.

The difference on the field? Suarez scores consistently against top competition in the premier league and beyond. Higuain bags a goal here and there against top half La Liga teams but most come from bottom half (this may be due to playing 2nd fiddle to Benzema).

The extra 10 million for suarez will quickly be recuperated with merchandising. Also, I believe Wenger has dealt with players with attitude before.

So do you take the experienced slightly more expensive world class Striker, or the slightly cheaper could be gem striker without the credentials?

They are pretty similar players to be honest.

The difference on the field? Suarez scores consistently against top competition in the premier league and beyond. Higuain bags a goal here and there against top half La Liga teams but most come from bottom half (this may be due to playing 2nd fiddle to Benzema).

The extra 10 million for suarez will quickly be recuperated with merchandising. Also, I believe Wenger has dealt with players with attitude before.

So do you take the experienced slightly more expensive world class Striker, or the slightly cheaper could be gem striker without the credentials?

"bags a goal here and there"... Better goals to game ratio for Real than Suarez has for Liverpool... and like Suarez he is already proven, not a player who could be a gem, and certainly not without credentials.

Higuain is more than a poacher.

Also its pretty fair to say that reason 2 is nonsense made up by Suarez.

It wasn't me that said he was just a poacher, think it was Tyton, who I was responding to...

And I don't see anything to make me believe it is nonsense. The English media do (In my opinion rightly) get on his back, whereas abroad it is overlooked more, and in alot of cases encouraged (talking about the diving not the racism obviously :P)

According to Guardian we have upped our bid for Suarez to 40m which would mean Liverpool have to notify Suarez about it and allow us talks with him. Still not release clause.

According to Guardian we have upped our bid for Suarez to 40m which would mean Liverpool have to notify Suarez about it and allow us talks with him. Still not release clause.

There is a story here, and a bid, but the story is embargoed (till tomorrow i think) so I would wait then for the details

Back