The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Don't see how this is so hard for people to understand. I don't like certain players. I don't give a **** if El Hadji-Diouf came to Palace and put 20 past Millwall, he's still a massive arsehole and I still won't like him.

But Diouf doesn't give a **** about the club he is at, and you can tell. Suarez does give his all (too much) to Liverpool, it's the other stuff he does that makes him a ******. If a player gives his all for a club, their will always be fans that like him. When he is as good as Suarez, the majority of people will learn to like him...

Fans will forgive players of anything, as long as they are playing well.

It's one of those blessing and curse things.

But Diouf doesn't give a **** about the club he is at, and you can tell. Suarez does give his all (too much) to Liverpool, it's the other stuff he does that makes him a ******. If a player gives his all for a club, their will always be fans that like him. When he is as good as Suarez, the majority of people will learn to like him...

Yeah, Suarez gives his all to Liverpool so much he claims they don't defend him in the media and wants to leave the club.

Honestly, I think Adebayor was always a bit of a ****.

Meh, that's you. Nobody else did.

Fans will forgive players of anything, as long as they are playing well.

It's one of those blessing and curse things.

Like I said, fans are stupid. I don't forgive players just because they're doing well on the pitch, but then again I frankly care a whole lot less than most fans.

Yeah, Suarez gives his all to Liverpool so much he claims they don't defend him in the media and wants to leave the club.

Meh, that's you. Nobody else did.

Like I said, fans are stupid. I don't forgive players just because they're doing well on the pitch, but then again I frankly care a whole lot less than most fans.

I don't recall him saying they don't defend him in the media. RvP and Fabregas are 2 players who there is no doubt gave there all to Arsenal, but both said in the media they wanted to leave.

And no, not just me. Plenty of other fans I have spoken to say Adebayor was a ****, both since he's left and before.

What is there to forgive him for though? Apart from the racism (Which I although I don't like Suarez, I don't think we know the full story (Not trying to excuse him obviously)), he hasn't actually done anything THAT bad.

Some of the things Roy Keane did was in my opinion worse than the majority of stuff Suarez has done... and he seemed pretty well liked!

Roy Keane is a monkey, but in all fairness, midfield enforcer who isn't at least a bit intimidating, is not going to be good at his job.

People tend to be less forgiving towards ***** strikers and creative players, and it might not be very fair, but there's some logic in that. On some positions you usually have to be a bit of an ****, or you will never make it to top level.

Take, I don't know, Sergio Ramos. Everyone knows he's a ****, but he's a **** that you'd want on your team.

***** striker, on the other hand, just makes the whole club look bad. Plus...biting people...no, just no.

I don't recall him saying they don't defend him in the media. RvP and Fabregas are 2 players who there is no doubt gave there all to Arsenal, but both said in the media they wanted to leave.

Giving your absolute all to a club surely includes staying to help them improve AS A CLUB. There's precious few players who actually do that. Suarez is not one of them.

And no, not just me. Plenty of other fans I have spoken to say Adebayor was a ****, both since he's left and before.

Then they were fools for turning a blind eye to it.

What is there to forgive him for though? Apart from the racism (Which I although I don't like Suarez, I don't think we know the full story (Not trying to excuse him obviously)), he hasn't actually done anything THAT bad.

Apart from biting people on two separate occasions?

Giving your absolute all to a club surely includes staying to help them improve AS A CLUB. There's precious few players who actually do that. Suarez is not one of them.

Then they were fools for turning a blind eye to it.

Apart from biting people on two separate occasions?

So in your opinion Fabregas didn't give his all, neither did Henry?

Maybe they are, but what could they have done about it? And either way, regardless of if you think they were fools, he was still seen by some as a **** (Forgot what that point was about now lol)

I'd quicker forgive a player for biting someone than breaking their leg (twice), then disrespecting the player who's leg was broken when he played him again.

Henry pretty much took Arsenal to the pinnacle of what they could achieve, short of a Champions League. Fabregas? Nah, he didn't.

I'd quicker forgive a player for biting someone than breaking their leg (twice), then disrespecting the player who's leg was broken when he played him again.

Trying to prove Suarez isn't as bad as Roy ******* Keane is like trying to prove a freezer isn't as cold as an iceberg.

Henry pretty much took Arsenal to the pinnacle of what they could achieve, short of a Champions League. Fabregas? Nah, he didn't.

Trying to prove Suarez isn't as bad as Roy ******* Keane is like trying to prove a freezer isn't as cold as an iceberg.

Exactly. He left to win the Champions League. So by your logic, he didn't give his all. And in my opinion, Cesc did, but whatever.

And I wasn't talking about Roy Keane, I was talking about Ryan Shawcross... :P

Maybe they are, but what could they have done about it? And either way, regardless of if you think they were fools, he was still seen by some as a **** (Forgot what that point was about now lol)

Stoke fans are ridiculous though. I will never understand why they boo Ramsey. They still do it. It's like they seem to think he deliberately broke his own leg to get Shawcross sent off.

I'm actually going to cry. Higuaín said two days ago he was going to wait forty-eight hours to see whether we made another move for him. But no, Wenger's got his heart set on Suárez, even though it's very clear Liverpool don't want to sell him. So, once again, thanks to Wenger's inability to make any sort of managerial decision that benefits the club, we're being left behind in the transfer market. And, like I admitted in an earlier post, while Giroud has been in top form during the Asia tour, I guess we're going to have to wait and see if he can carry that momentum into the league.

Edit: What's worse, now Higuaín is going to be playing against us in the Emirates Cup, when he could have been playing for.

Last edited:
Sounds like Napoli have sold a Torres and picked up their own Carroll.

I don't rate him at all, if you can't tell. :p

To be fair, Higuain obviously wanted Arsenal, but the bid was never likely to be able to match Napoli's spending power. If the bid was 39m EUR and we're going to spend 49m EUR on Suarez.. I know who would be a more effective player.. even if I'm rather uncomfortable with signing a player with as much baggage. I'm curious how much else is in the bank for this season, as we only have a month left at this point.

The deal is apparently all but done, Higuain just has to pass the medical.

Back