The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Joel Campbell, from what I understood, was always a longshot...but worth a try none the less.

At his age, this loan deal is the best option. If he plays out of his mind in Greece, he proves he deserves a shot at Arsenal first team. If he just does okay in the Greek league, Olympiacos may think it may be worth it to buy him. Without that clause, we may never sell him and he'll leave on free.

Napoli's Higuain unveiling keeps getting canceled. Could we pull off another Park? Somebody start tying sheets together for Higuain to make his escape out the hotel window!

Ha. Think they're putting it back so they can unveil Reina with him.

Joel Campbell, from what I understood, was always a longshot...but worth a try none the less.

At his age, this loan deal is the best option. If he plays out of his mind in Greece, he proves he deserves a shot at Arsenal first team. If he just does okay in the Greek league, Olympiacos may think it may be worth it to buy him. Without that clause, we may never sell him and he'll leave on free.

Agreed. Low risk venture, could still work out big time. For what it's worth, last year when he played for Costa Rica against Wales I watched him live and he was a tank.

Roma stump up extra for Gervinho | Football | Sport | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week

Wow, it appears we're not only stubborn when buying, but selling too. I can understand wanting to squeeze as much money out a club for a player as possible, but when we haven't spent anything this window, and when it's GERVINHO, why bother? If I was Wenger/the board, I'd take what was offered and be thankful.

More money for the club? There's interest for Gervinho from couple of clubs so we don't need to sell him for first bid. Also funny how every article about Gervinho keeps saying 11m what we paid when Wenger has said it himself it was 8,6m...

More money for the club? There's interest for Gervinho from couple of clubs so we don't need to sell him for first bid. Also funny how every article about Gervinho keeps saying 11m what we paid when Wenger has said it himself it was 8,6m...

Yeah, I don't know where newspapers keep getting the £11m figure from. And like I said, I can understand wanting to get as much for a player as possible. I just hope the money is put towards a sensible investment.

United look like they are going back in with a 3rd bid for Fabregas.

Which they might even accept. Barca need the money so they can go on and sign CB. All depends on do they want try to make Cesc work for 1 more year or accept their losses and move on.

I really do hope your bid is accepted as it shows Cesc Barca don't want him anymore and it activates our buy back clause and we can take him back easily.

Which they might even accept. Barca need the money so they can go on and sign CB. All depends on do they want try to make Cesc work for 1 more year or accept their losses and move on.

I really do hope your bid is accepted as it shows Cesc Barca don't want him anymore and it activates our buy back clause and we can take him back easily.

Your buy back only works if he actually wants to go back. Lots of assumption that is this the case.

Your buy back only works if he actually wants to go back. Lots of assumption that is this the case.

True. I believe he'd like to stay at Barca, but if he goes I am 100% sure the next place he'd like to be is at Arsenal.

True. I believe he'd like to stay at Barca, but if he goes I am 100% sure the next place he'd like to be is at Arsenal.

I doubt it. Otherwise Man United would not be moving for a 3rd bid.

Just think its slightly worrying for Arsenal at the moment, most years you have funds to spend apparently then never actually spend much... this year seems to be following a similar pattern again

add that Wenger has come out saying " we can win the league with or without new signings " just seems as though he is preparing once again for no big names arriving

seems to be an open year aswell with all manager changes, so Arsenal could really challenge with a few marquee signings

Just think its slightly worrying for Arsenal at the moment, most years you have funds to spend apparently then never actually spend much... this year seems to be following a similar pattern again

add that Wenger has come out saying " we can win the league with or without new signings " just seems as though he is preparing once again for no big names arriving

seems to be an open year aswell with all manager changes, so Arsenal could really challenge with a few marquee signings

Plenty of time left to make signings we need.

Wenger has come out and said lots of things in press. Doesn't mean those things are true at all. He lies a lot you know.

Plenty of time left to make signings we need.

Wenger has come out and said lots of things in press. Doesn't mean those things are true at all. He lies a lot you know.

Agreed there is plenty of time.

i wouldn't usually bring it up, but the fact it is Arsenal and they have a history of it would make me slightly worried

Back