The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Let's wait and see.

I can assure you you'd need to get a real comfy chair, and prepare for a **** of a long wait lol. To say they've got a better chance of making top 4 above Liverpool AND Everton is I'm sorry. Completely non-sensical. Yes miracles happen but be realistic.

You can count on one hand the amount of times United play a transfer out publicly like this. It's nothing to do with appeasing the fans. Coming out publicly for a player we know we can't get does more damage to Moyes than anything he'd gain from being seen to be going for big signings, therefore, we must be confident.

If we were just trying to unsettle him then everything else in your post is wrong, we wouldn't try and unsettle someone who's so settled.

It's amazing how just having him linked with us has put Arsenal fans into meltdown, though.

This.

I dont think we have conducted a transfer like this in the last 20 years.

This.

I dont think we have conducted a transfer like this in the last 20 years.
For last 20 years we had someone else running this club.My opinion is we are not wasting our time with him.Both positive and negative arguments can be.
Negative :-He wont come seeing xavi getting old and thiago leaving.

.On the other hand we can say seeing its world cup next season he might consider us because to get in that spanish team with mata and santi performing like they hve in the league he requires regular games as main playmaker which he wont be with neymar on the left and pedro on right + messi as forward.Which leaves the trio of iniesta,xavi and the biscuit.Or he can join us with our trio of ando,cleverly and carrick.

A) What Quasit said.
B) That doesn't definitely mean 2 out of 3 parties are open to the move happening. It could simply be United wanting to appease fans to show they are trying for someone, or even trying to get Fabregas to be unsettled and ask to leave (Lowering the price). Unfortunately for United, Fabregas has said he doesn't want to leave, and I don't see why United having to bid more would change his mind. I promise you, even if Barca agreed a fee with United, he would say no. And if he was forced to leave Barca for whatever reason, the only English club, perhaps only club, that he would want to go back to is Arsenal.

He has publicly said he doesn't want to leave, so why would he need to constantly repeat himself. And he loved Arsenal, but he also loved Barca more. They are in his country, he grew up in Barca as a Barca fan, his friends play for Barca, and they were the worlds best team... why wouldn't he want to go back there? I love Leeds, but I love Arsenal more...

Except none of that would make any sense for United to make 2 bids and go in for a 3rd. All you have done is argue emtionally that if he must leave it, it must be for Arsenal. Who said it would have anything to do with an emotional attachment?

Given that this has been running 2 months, and only once, before United made any bid, did he say anything, not sure your argument holds.

It doesn't work on an appeasement scale, because a) its horribly transparent, and there is no gain for Moyes doing that, in fact it would only hurt his standing and b) Fabregas could easily knock us back straight away (which by the way he hasn't).

It wouldnt work on an unsettling scale if he was so happy either, would it?

No, Fabregas said before any bid that he was happy, doesn't mean that a) he wasn't just showing face, b) cant change his mind.

Just because Arsenal fans cannot bear the idea that he might just possible leave to go to United, doesn't there is no case for a transfer, when there quite patently is if you look beyond the club shirt. Albeit its a difficult transfer.

For last 20 years we had someone else running this club.My opinion is we are not wasting our time with him.Both positive and negative arguments can be.
Negative :-He wont come seeing xavi getting old and thiago leaving.

.On the other hand we can say seeing its world cup next season he might consider us because to get in that spanish team with mata and santi performing like they hve in the league he requires regular games as main playmaker which he wont be with neymar on the left and pedro on right + messi as forward.Which leaves the trio of iniesta,xavi and the biscuit.Or he can join us with our trio of ando,cleverly and carrick.

I think its a very difficult transfer. But anyone looking at this beyond emotional attachments can see there is certainly more going on here.

My belief is its the clause which is making it more complex.For 35 million for a squad rotation player is very high amount.If they want to sign Centre back than where will it leave song and maschareno ?? Its quite simple if barca want a new centre back than they have to sell fabregas .

He said that before the first bid, and has said nothing since, two bids have been made, after a month of contact. Still nothing about staying to fight his place. So he cant be that determined. If it was Barca as one of the two parties, why isn't he resisting the sale?

Maybe there's nothing new to add and he is staying quiet because of it.

No, but I don't believe he is willing to go to Utd over staying with Barcelona even in a rotational role.

The fact that United are seriously going for a third bid says the possibility, for whatever reason, is there.

Thing is, you're both right. From what we, the simple public, know, Fabregas would want to stay at Barca over a star role in United's midfield. But the fact that United have invested so much time, effort and serious bids into trying to tempt Barca into a sale does indicate that there's more than meets the eye to this deal.

I do still err on the side of it being incredibly unlikely Fabregas leaves, though.

I'd like to think Fabregas won't go to United.

He might, mind you, I just highly doubt it. Only time will tell.

It looks like Bernard's going to Shakhtar, not Porto. I don't think Wenger was ever that interested in him though.

I cant really see why Fabregas is not a starter.. surely a side similar to this would be used?

Xavi - Busquets - Fabregas

Neymar - Messi - Iniesta

I cant really see why Fabregas is not a starter.. surely a side similar to this would be used?

Xavi - Busquets - Fabregas

Neymar - Messi - Iniesta

Neymar down the left, doesnt play right. The undroppable Iniesta back to the middle. But on the surface ( as ive said before) this should be a no go transfer, and yet, clearly there is more to it than is being played out publicly.

Bernard would have been cool to pick up. But let's face it, Wenger isn't spending that type of money on a player without European experience.

Back