The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Bernard would have been cool to pick up. But let's face it, Wenger isn't spending that type of money on a player without European experience.
Bernard would have been cool to pick up. But let's face it, Wenger isn't spending that type of money on a player
Bernard would have been cool to pick up. But let's face it, Wenger isn't spending that type of money
Bernard would have been cool to pick up. But let's face it, Wenger isn't spending
Bernard would have been cool to pick up

Just so Arsenal.

According to Bild we have made offer for Luiz Gustavo. Also read from not as reliable source that we have made a bid for Ginter which has met Freiburg's valuation of him. If true will be good backup for Mertesacker.

He said he wants to sign a good player, but also said the team he has now is quality.

He also said he's looking to spend as much money as it takes to bring in the right players.

Heard both Chamakh and Gervinho are gone now. Gervinho on permanent transfer to Roma and Chamakh on loan to Palace.

Personally, I think Wenger is taking a big risk in his pursuit of Suarez. Don't get me wrong, like I've said repeatedly-quality, quality player. But it's a big risk with all that baggage. Maybe Wenger can sort him out-who knows. Very risky imo

I can see why players want to go to spain, it's rated as a top league, but it's pretty easy to score goals in it.

If Suarez went to spain he'd score 40+ a season, no problem.

Any predictions for the first game of the Emirates Cup? I'm going to say 2-1 to Arsenal, with Higuaín scoring Napoli's goal for some cruel irony.

Any predictions for the first game of the Emirates Cup? I'm going to say 2-1 to Arsenal, with Higuaín scoring Napoli's goal for some cruel irony.

We've been good in all pre-season games so far, but this is lot tougher opponent. 2-1 is pretty good prediction and I'd say it's either it or 2-2. Giroud will score at least one.

First team for the match: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski and Giroud
Subs: Martinez, Sagna, Miguel, Arteta, Zelalem, Ox, Walcott and Akpom

Koscielny has been the best player in defence by far this game, which isn't saying much considering we're 2-0 down, but that's due to no fault of his.

Arsenal NEED to spend some money... If they don't they really are in danger of losing that 4th place and its not just based on today.. most sides around them are improving ( especially Tottenham ) and Arsenal are not really doing anything

Kos the BOSS. Man of the match for me. Rosicky also had good game.

Arsenal NEED to spend some money... If they don't they really are in danger of losing that 4th place and its not just based on today.. most sides around them are improving ( especially Tottenham ) and Arsenal are not really doing anything

I dont think Tottenham will have the strength in depth in CB and out wide. Dempsey is going to the MLS and its looking likely Bale will go to Real Madrid. They are also in the Europa League and will have to play a lot of games depending on how far they get so they need a lot more players or their current crop could get very tired a lose points in the league. They only have three first team center backs and one of those was injured for the whole of last season. They, like Arsenal need to strengthen as well.

I dont think Tottenham will have the strength in depth in CB and out wide. Dempsey is going to the MLS and its looking likely Bale will go to Real Madrid. They are also in the Europa League and will have to play a lot of games depending on how far they get so they need a lot more players or their current crop could get very tired a lose points in the league. They only have three first team center backs and one of those was injured for the whole of last season. They, like Arsenal need to strengthen as well.

Arsenal have the Champions League so they have to play similar games anyway ...

Agree on the CB's but IF Bale does go they will have an awful lot of money to spend, they pushed Arsenal very close last season without a consistent striker, now they have Soldado

A fully fit Sandro with Paulinho now brought too, in my opinion Arsenal need to strengthen

Arsenal have the Champions League so they have to play similar games anyway ...

Agree on the CB's but IF Bale does go they will have an awful lot of money to spend, they pushed Arsenal very close last season without a consistent striker, now they have Soldado

A fully fit Sandro with Paulinho now brought too, in my opinion Arsenal need to strengthen

I agree with you as well Arsenal do need to strengthen.

EDIT: Just to show you how badly they need center backs. They played with Zekki Fryers and Livermore at center back.

Last edited:
Back