The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsenal NEED to spend some money... If they don't they really are in danger of losing that 4th place and its not just based on today.. most sides around them are improving ( especially Tottenham ) and Arsenal are not really doing anything

Don't worry, we will spend money, Suarez is on his way. ;)

Yeah Wilshere had a full pre-season.

ppeasement scale, because a) its horribly transparent, and there is no gain for Moyes doing that, in fact it would only hurt his standing and b) Fabregas could easily knock us back straight away (which by the way he hasn't).

It wouldnt work on an unsettling scale if he was so happy either, would it?

No, Fabregas said before any bid that he was happy, doesn't mean that a) he wasn't just showing face, b) cant change his mind.

Just because Arsenal fans cannot bear the idea that he might just possible leave to go to United, doesn't there is no case for a transfer, when there quite patently is if you look beyond the club shirt. Albeit its a difficult transfer.

And you know that do you? Despite the fact United haven't had permission to talk to him, and there is no reason to suggest Fabregas wanted to talk anyway.

Despite the fact he said he wanted to retire at Barca, and he would only ever play for Barca or Arsenal. I don't have any hope of him ever returning to Arsenal, but do know that he would never join united.

Arsenal have the Champions League so they have to play similar games anyway ...

Agree on the CB's but IF Bale does go they will have an awful lot of money to spend, they pushed Arsenal very close last season without a consistent striker, now they have Soldado

A fully fit Sandro with Paulinho now brought too, in my opinion Arsenal need to strengthen

You play more times in the Europa League, and you play on a Thursday and then on the weeked straight after in the league. In the Champions League you play Tuesday or Wednesday, and you have 2 less matches to play (Presuming you both get to the Last 16)

Bale>than a consistent striker. Soldado isn't the kind of player who can turn matches around on his own, like Bale or Suarez. If they sell Bale, Tottenham need to get someone like that, although the same applies to Arsenal.

Sandro isn't as good in real life as he is on FM, I think they still need a creative CM like Moutinho.

I'd say Tottenham need a CB - Dawson can't play with the high line AVB wants -, a creative CM and someone to replace Bale if/when he leaves.

Arsenal need a defensive CM, a winger and as I said someone who can change matches on their own.

You play more times in the Europa League, and you play on a Thursday and then on the weeked straight after in the league. In the Champions League you play Tuesday or Wednesday, and you have 2 less matches to play (Presuming you both get to the Last 16)

Bale>than a consistent striker. Soldado isn't the kind of player who can turn matches around on his own, like Bale or Suarez. If they sell Bale, Tottenham need to get someone like that, although the same applies to Arsenal.

Sandro isn't as good in real life as he is on FM, I think they still need a creative CM like Moutinho.

I'd say Tottenham need a CB - Dawson can't play with the high line AVB wants -, a creative CM and someone to replace Bale if/when he leaves.

Arsenal need a defensive CM, a winger and as I said someone who can change matches on their own.

Of course Bale means more than a consistent striker, but if Bale does stay it will be very interesting. Even if he does not, Spurs will suddenly have 100million extra to look at replacements for many positions

although Sandro may be better on FM he is still a very solid player to have back at Spurs, looking a current squads now Spurs looking the strongest for top 4 IMO. But there is time to go in the window, alot of change especially if Bale leaves

Yeap and I think Paulinho and Dembele will be first choice pairing for Spurs in midfield and Sandro used in more rotational role. They have pretty strong squad already. They don't really need a match winner... they just need whole team contributing instead of waiting for one player to turn the match around.

Any1 hear about Spurs putting a bid in for a center back and the chairman of the club rejected the offer from his jail cell lol. Can't remember who it was but he plays for Stauer Bucharest

Any1 hear about Spurs putting a bid in for a center back and the chairman of the club rejected the offer from his jail cell lol. Can't remember who it was but he plays for Stauer Bucharest

Vlad Chirictes or something like that. Was linked with host of Serie A clubs in january.

And you know that do you? Despite the fact United haven't had permission to talk to him, and there is no reason to suggest Fabregas wanted to talk anyway.

Despite the fact he said he wanted to retire at Barca, and he would only ever play for Barca or Arsenal. I don't have any hope of him ever returning to Arsenal, but do know that he would never join united.

Oh come on, use some sense here. If they didn't have some indication that Fabregas would be willing to talk at some point they wouldn't be making a bid multiple bids here. That's just a strawman point there. If Fabregas was dead set on not leaving there wouldn't be a 3rd bid going in.

It's also now gone from "we wont sell Fabregas, to it is up to the player to decide" If he is having to decide, he hasn't made a decision stay/go, which means he is actually considering the idea of a move.

No one is saying he is definitely going to United, or even likely going there. But there is clearly more than "no chance".

Last edited:
on talking openly about transfers…
I don’t understand this kind of thinking and I wouldn't like to talk openly about negotiations because that is not my target in the press conference. I can just repeat what I said yesterday: until the 31st, which is one month in front of us, we will work very hard to strengthen our squad without naming any specific names because I don’t believe that will make negotiations easier. After that you can make all kinds of thinking about the prices of the players.

on transfer negotiations…
When you want to buy any player you need the agreement of the club and the agreement of the player and you need to agree a price. So you need three agreements. It is like you go to your neighbour and say: 'I want to buy your house, so get out tomorrow morning.' He will not be necessarily happy about it.

We have to focus on the players that we have. We are not drawn too much into the stories. But I can understand that they are interesting for people who love football, but it is not the most important in the game.
We will treat every transfer with the rules we have always followed and in a fair, respectful way. That is our club. Other clubs do it differently and that is their problem. But we are completely faithful to the values we think are important here.

Some quotes from Wenger on Arsenal.com regarding the transfer window during an interview after the Napoli game. To me that doesn't scream "We have some targets in mind and know who we want", even if he isn't willing to talk openly about them, which is fair enough.

I like his comments about developing the young British players we have. That is something we need to press on with.

But, Ramsey is done. I think his confidence is shot, from a combination of the injury and the abuse he gets from the fans in the stands - he'll never reach his potential.
Gibbs will never be injury free.
Wilshere might never be either. But if you only even got 10 games out of Jack a year, I'd take them and be thankful still.
Jenkinson needs more game time, but I do think he has a big future, he's quick and powerful, I reckon he could do a job at CB in 5-10 years.
The ox - I am not sure about, I think we need to see some development this season.

I love watching Arsenal fans panicking over Fabregas transfer.

Starting 11 against Gala:
Szczesny, Jenkinson, Sagna, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Ox, Cazorla, Walcott and Sanogo
Subs:
Martinez, Miquel, Koscielny, Zelalem, Podolski, Akpom and Giroud.

Szczęsny's fit? That's cool. And I'm guessing Sagna's going to be playing in the centre of defence. It'll also be good to get a first look at Sanogo in an Arsenal shirt.

I wouldn't be panicking over the Fabregas to United deal, because I know it won't happen. Simple as that really. Says it all that United are starting to be linked with Schweinsteiger now as well. But then again why would he leave Munich for Manchester.

I wouldn't be panicking over the Fabregas to United deal, because I know it won't happen. Simple as that really. Says it all that United are starting to be linked with Schweinsteiger now as well. But then again why would he leave Munich for Manchester.

Ah, the irony. An Arsenal fan making fun of United's inability to attract players to their club.

Making fun? How is that making fun? Would you leave the Champions League winners and club you grew up playing for and supporting for another club?

"Lol, I'm Drogba. I'm going to do whatever I can do to get a goal against Arsenal".

Last edited:
Back