The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
As I love watching Utd fans panicking over midfield signing :)

Joke aside, I wouldn't say we are panicking. I would say we're have too much hope for signing some midfielders. I.e Thiago or Marchisio.

Also, after Fabs signing, guess who's next Arsenal captain to join United :P

King Drogba loves Arsenal. So is it 15 goals in 15 games now? Arsenal's worst nightmare. I love it.

Wenger thinks Arsenal can win the league i think not unless they bring some quality into the squad where does all this money from Nasri RVP Song Fabregas and Gervinho leaving he must have a nice budget but just takes too long too use it and by then they end up with average players what do you lot think??

Last edited:
Just seen an article that has us linked with Victor Andrade, who is apparently the "next Neymar".

Just seen an article that has us linked with Victor Andrade, who is apparently the "next Neymar".

Yeah he said in some interview that he likes premier league and he'd like to play there. Also contract coming to end.

I wouldn't be panicking over the Fabregas to United deal, because I know it won't happen. Simple as that really. Says it all that United are starting to be linked with Schweinsteiger now as well. But then again why would he leave Munich for Manchester.

It doesnt say anything, we've been linked to Bastian almost every year for the last 6 years, despite the fact it would never happen. Its akin to trying to buy Giggs and Scholes at their peak.

gervinho....flashes of brilliance. but mostly selfish incompetence. glad to see him move

Think the Gervinho move is best for both parties if I'm honest, never seemed to settle in really and I was never much of a keen admirer of his ability - Arsenal fans may say otherwise perhaps? Much the same for the seemingly imminent departure of Chamakh - however I did think Chamakh was half decent.

Season kicks off next week and we still haven't seen much from Arsenal, even though there's been a lot more talk of big spending compared to usual - however it's failed to be backed up. Suarez deal seems like it's just going to drag on and on and I don't think we'll see anything concrete until maybe the end of August. Liverpool seem to be fighting what looks like it may be an already half lost battle, and Arsenal seem rather coy on pushing for Suarez too much. All a bit ridiculous really eh?

I can see Arsenal challenging for the title this season but I really can't see the title coming to the Emirates this year, unless movement in the market begins

[video=youtube;brC1iz0z7is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brC1iz0z7is[/video]

Certainly going to be missed.

Wenger thinks Arsenal can win the league i think not unless they bring some quality into the squad where does all this money from Nasri RVP Song Fabregas and Gervinho leaving he must have a nice budget but just takes too long too use it and by then they end up with average players what do you lot think??
Add to that Arsenal charging over £1000!! for season tickets and £62!!! as the cheapest tickets from some games. Along with £52!!! for the shirt and god knows how much for tea, chips, pies etc...

May be worth noting that Kidderminster charge the highest for a pie at £4. #uselessfootballfactsftw

Think the Gervinho move is best for both parties if I'm honest, never seemed to settle in really and I was never much of a keen admirer of his ability - Arsenal fans may say otherwise perhaps? Much the same for the seemingly imminent departure of Chamakh - however I did think Chamakh was half decent.

Season kicks off next week and we still haven't seen much from Arsenal, even though there's been a lot more talk of big spending compared to usual - however it's failed to be backed up. Suarez deal seems like it's just going to drag on and on and I don't think we'll see anything concrete until maybe the end of August. Liverpool seem to be fighting what looks like it may be an already half lost battle, and Arsenal seem rather coy on pushing for Suarez too much. All a bit ridiculous really eh?

I can see Arsenal challenging for the title this season but I really can't see the title coming to the Emirates this year, unless movement in the market begins

I dont think that is realistic IMO unless they spend... City, United and Chelsea have alot better squads

Add to that Arsenal charging over £1000!! for season tickets and £62!!! as the cheapest tickets from some games. Along with £52!!! for the shirt and god knows how much for tea, chips, pies etc...

been to emirates twice and the food there is ****** expensive one of the most expensive in england i think i read

But, Ramsey is done. I think his confidence is shot, from a combination of the injury and the abuse he gets from the fans in the stands - he'll never reach his potential.
Gibbs will never be injury free.
Wilshere might never be either. But if you only even got 10 games out of Jack a year, I'd take them and be thankful still.
Jenkinson needs more game time, but I do think he has a big future, he's quick and powerful, I reckon he could do a job at CB in 5-10 years.
The ox - I am not sure about, I think we need to see some development this season.

I don't understand why people can't see how good Ramsey is now. All last season I had faith in him that eventually he would hit form, and at the end he finally showed it. Doesn't help he spent most of the season on the wing or as an attacking mid. He should be a deep lying/box-to-box player, as he can't shoot or cross, but his passing and work rate are fantastic.

If Gibbs can stay injury free, then he could become England's first choice LB. But as you said that's a big IF... maybe he should ask RvP how he managed it?

Wilshere has only had 2 major injuries, it is just the first one didn't heal. I wouldn't say he is injury prone, just based on the few injuries he has had so far (Don't forget he played over 40 games in a season as a 19 year old)

And the Ox is our best winger in my opinion. Whenever he was brought off the bench last season he sped the game up, and his dribbling gave us a completely different option.

I don't understand why people can't see how good Ramsey is now. All last season I had faith in him that eventually he would hit form, and at the end he finally showed it. Doesn't help he spent most of the season on the wing or as an attacking mid. He should be a deep lying/box-to-box player, as he can't shoot or cross, but his passing and work rate are fantastic.

If Gibbs can stay injury free, then he could become England's first choice LB. But as you said that's a big IF... maybe he should ask RvP how he managed it?

Wilshere has only had 2 major injuries, it is just the first one didn't heal. I wouldn't say he is injury prone, just based on the few injuries he has had so far (Don't forget he played over 40 games in a season as a 19 year old)

And the Ox is our best winger in my opinion. Whenever he was brought off the bench last season he sped the game up, and his dribbling gave us a completely different option.

I was thinking all of that as I read it. I think people forget how young ramsey is and is still developing

Ramsey made a thirty yard pass to Walcott yesterday that was reminiscent of Gerrard. Granted Walcott could have done better, but Ramsey's pass put it on a plate for him. Yes, I will agree that sometimes his nerves do get the better of him and he looks a bit weary about going into challenges, but that's understandable. However, given time I think he could become a key figure in midfield, just as Wilshere can.

I dont think that is realistic IMO unless they spend... City, United and Chelsea have alot better squads

What your saying is true, but I think that Arsenal squad is starting to reach it's potential, players like Walcott seem to be reaching the potential they've got, along with Wilshere, Ramsey etc. Everyone will have different opinions of Arsenal this season, especially as they haven't dipped into the market apart from Sanogo who I doubt is going to have an impact this season, but a side that went unbeaten for 10 games at the end of last season showed real progression. Whether they can take that form into this season remains unknown, of course.

Back